Poignant, besides striking in its austere midnight beauty, Bridge into the Night is a capture of the first night – New Year’s Eve 2012 – Sheila and I’d been back to Austin in over three years. We’d left, thinking we’d never go back, spent a year and a half in Galveston, then the same in Vermont, ending with nearly six weeks in Paris. Being back in the bustle of the city (now going on eight years) is bittersweet, especially so during our Covid-19 semi-lockdown. We’re so much closer to family, but so far from wonderful places we met wonderful people. The stark reality of being back in Austin, with all the stark divisions of haves and have-nots here, and the middle (like my wife and I) shrinking, I think is unintentionally – maybe unavoidably – captured in this very popular image of mine of Austin.
ps – my fav pic of that night is of Sheila 😊 https://felipeadan-lerma.pixels.com/featured/self-portrait-12-sheila-new-years-eve-austin-felipe-adan-lerma.htm ❤️
Thanks so much everyone!
For more of my art and photography of Austin, please visit – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma?tab=artworkgalleries&artworkgalleryid=641698 .
And for more of my Night imagery, please browse –
Below is a tweet sample of one of my Austin night paintings –
About my “Adan’s Fine Art America Images” Series
After hitting a pause the beginning of the Covid-19 lockdown in mid-March with Image # 12, I’m determined to resume and (lesson learned during virus-lockdown) take my time 😊
My goal is a new image each week, still maintaining uploading from my beginning with Fine Art America (FAA) in early 2016. At that pace, plus uploading new images each week or more, that’ll keep me busy for awhile ☺️
I’m hoping that, besides chronicling my uploaded images to FAA, this will also give both myself and the reader/viewer info & insights into my creative journey. Thanks so much everyone!
Fine Art America’s Satisfaction Guarantee
As per Fine Art America’s long standing quality & satisfaction policy! 😊
Our return policy is very simple:http://felipeadan-lerma.pixels.com/
If you’re not happy with a purchase, for any reason, you can return it to us within 30 days of the order date. As soon as it arrives, we’ll issue a full refund for the entire purchase price. Please note – we do not reimburse the outgoing or return shipping charges unless the return is due to a defect in quality.
If you’ve hesitated to purchase artwork online in the past, why not give us a try? You have nothing to lose!
More of My Fine Art America Images via My Blog
In general :
This series :
Contact Me 😊
You can contact me at –
Or via the Contact the Artist Option at Fine Art America at –
My Amazon Affiliate Links
My Recent Blog Posts 😊
- January 01, 2023 – Happy New Year! : My Most Viewed Image the Last Week of 2022 @FineArtAmerica, Little Steps PosterA wonderfully fitting image as my most viewed this past week, the last week, of 2022 – Little Steps, my poster version ❤️ 🙏 ☺️
- December 18, 2022 – 1st Return Appearance Since Spring : My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Blue with Gold Twilight – #PanoramaOcean waves of blue fill our skies and seas, cascading sighs and whispers of inspiration with each breath.
- December 11, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyMorning Light Poster also recently sold at the Old Bakery and Emporium 🙏😌
- December 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Costa Rica Sunset Panorama” : circa 2017I almost skipped even posting about it, but at 4x the views of the nearest most viewed of my images, I needed to drag myself out of my whatever-it-is recent posting stagnation, lol!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
My Related Blog Posts
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html
[…] Time at the Musee d’Orsayrelated blog posts – https://felipeadanlerma.com/?s=Time+at+the+Musee*Austin Hike And Bike Trail – SRV Gritty Austin Night Panoramarelated SRV blog post – https://felipeadanlerma.com/2021/10/28/october-27-2021-sold-at-the-old-bakery-and-emporium-across-from-the-state-capital-austin-texas-srv-statue-photo-capture-1-small-painting/*Bridge into the Nightrelated blog post – https://felipeadanlerma.com/2020/11/12/adans-fine-art-america-images-21-bridge-into-the-night-upload…* […]
LikeLiked by 1 person
You have so many wonderful photographs, I really like all the night imagery series!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you so much, Tiffany! Having a camera (even if it’s a compact, lol!) that can “see” in the dark a bit better than my phone has been a great help! The one of Sheila was just a great fun shot; told her she was the good witch of the west ❤️