I Heard You Sing – Poetry for Lovers

Poems for Love Loving & Being Loved, Cover Image

Click for Listing

***
New Love Poetry for 2011.  To be included in the new “Lovers Loving & Being Loved” eBook collection from Adan Lerma, coming soon.

***

“a beginner’s view : the intent of this blog is to incrementally build a body of thought that works toward integrating various topics, yoga, fitness, and the arts – it’s a process…”

Site Areas

Fitness ** Arts ** eBooks

i heard you sing – poetry for lovers

if the words endure, they do so because they link the links –

***

featured in the ebook –

“Poems for Lovers Loving & Being Loved”

***

Intro

“i heard you sing” is an original love poem i just wrote today finishing my selections for my next ebook, “Lovers Loving & Being Loved,” due out in a week or so

happily i also received an email from the poetry site dVersepoets, which provides different prompts poets are welcome to, respond and post a link to, on their site

typically, that sort of stuff doesn’t appeal to me, but the initiating essays for each prompt, written by different contributing working poets, are consistently unusually well writ, informative, and sometimes downright entertaining 😉

so i’m willing to “try” and contribute…

The Prompt

in this case, the title of the essay is “Form For All – Ballads, Carols, and Lullabyes”

my cue, from the article, for the ok for my own poem, i’ve decided 😉 is :

“Some Carols such as Joseph Was An Old Man were definitely popular belonging to the culture of the ‘folk’; while later ones such as Charles Wesley’s Hark the Herald Angels Sing are the product of more sophisticated literary efforts…”

Yoga

mine is probably closer to the culture of the folk, though my sentiment is definitely tied to a sense of finding deeper meaning

despite some schools of yoga off-putting human experience, i tend more to the idea that if all is really one, then our experiences here, have value elsewhere, and will be carried forward, however that might be

and yoga’s true gift to me, awareness, is what’s helped clarify that general perception i’ve had, for much of a long time

i hope you enjoy the poem 😉

namaste´- con dios – god be with you

***

INTEGRATING YOGA FITNESS AND THE ARTS

About Me

Classes

Home

Advertisements

About Felipe Adan Lerma

A beginner's view : integrating interests in yoga, fitness, and the arts - work in fiction, poetry, and images.
This entry was posted in Arts Area, dVersepoets, love poetry, poetry and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to I Heard You Sing – Poetry for Lovers

1. Pingback: Free eBook Download, First Exclusive on Amazon Books Thur-Mon December 28, 2011-January 1, 2012 « Yoga Adan

2. Pingback: “Leaves of Gold” – Original Inspirational Poetry « Yoga Adan

3. Morning says:

music of you, take me home..

love the lines, superb and delightful.
    🙂

4. Bodhirose says:

I love the line “I heard you sing my eyes to tears”…oh, yes, I can relate. Very sweet..

5. zongrik says:

wow. i can’t ever imagine feeling this way after hearing someone sing. (i’m a dramatic soprano, so i’m really picky)

6. Laurie Kolp says:

Beautiful and melodious… congratulations on your forthcoming eBook.

7. I love the music and the story in this. I was taught the breathing exercises of yoga when I was in school. I have fallen back on them if not all the positions throughout my life. There is in the senses, sensuousness of the discipline that comes close to the same elevation one feels making music as you have here. Really well done!

• yoga-adan says:

gay, what a beautiful analysis, thank you!

your observation about yoga & breathing is spot on – it’s not that none of us ever breathed or even breathed well before knowing of yoga (i ran track, played an instrument, and sang at church etc – which demands breath training effort) but that yoga makes one, or me at least, more aware

thanks so much for coming by and leaving your note, i appreciate it 😉

8. leah J. Lynn says:

“heart baking for you” , you have a wonderful way with words. I feel in love with this poem, i did want it stop.

• yoga-adan says:

thanks leah, i too felt like i had a rush i didn’t want to put a stop on, but…

hey, interesting poems, went to my birthday day poem, “am not a blonde” –

so weird, is you check my site’s motto, it end with,

“it’s a process…”

yea 😉

9. brian says:

nice…love the music in this…there is def a song in love that can be heard and felt….i like this…

• yoga-adan says:

thanks! it helped i’d been listening to some great music a bit before i got the urge to write this one 😉

hey, those are some nice photo shots on your site!

then between envisioning santa walking down the street shirtless, feeling cold loved feet as i drift to sleep, and the photo of all those legs! i think i took a trip 😉

nice, really nice, thanks!

10. There is a beautiful flow and grace to this–a feeling of well-bieng. Images of baking and music create a warm feeling that, I think, fits the prompt.

• yoga-adan says:

thanks so much victoria, i appreciate that 😉

your poem, “keeper of memories,” i see, also deals with scents and smell, powerful stuff

esp liked,

“trembling…
      unwanted company of his later years,
      …the lid open on its wobbly hinges”

and

“remembering…evenings
      spent upon the porch in twilight murmurings”

nice! thanks again 😉