“There is so much more you can do with author newsletter these days beyond simply telling your fans that you have a new book.”
— Read on davidgaughran.com/2020/01/23/7-expert-tricks-improve-author-newsletter-mailing-list-email/
I myself still don’t have a newsletter but haven’t wanted to. Yeah, I know. Along with staying fit at 69, painting, wanting to travel, wanting to eat well, doing a blog, grandkids, lol 😂
But, he makes a LOT of good points in previous posts about the value of having one’s own list independent of an – actually, any – online platform, no matter how big or good.
And I’d have to see if my WordPress premium level is set up to do an automated newsletter signup, and if not, what the alternatives are.
The benefits to me would be big, esp ownership of the list (I would never share it w/anyone).
Plus the benefits I could offer to my newsletter readers could be very unique 😊
Anyway, David offers tons of good info, hope you’ll take a look too!
Take care everyone, stay creative! ❤️
ps – David almost always also makes a point of saying the info is of benefit to most anyone, in any creative endeavor, not just authors 💕
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- Painting Update – My Lost Edges and Masking Fluid Ideas 02.18.20This weekend, I reblogged two really interesting articles on the aesthetic or idea of employing lost edges, where the boundaries of given recognizable objects meld into the color space around it (side plane, background, etc). I’d already haphazardly begun working with the idea, wondering if I was off-base to even be considering it, when I … Read more
- Painting Looser III: Chasing the Lost … and Found Edge via Caroline Buchanan Watercolors“Lost and found edges normally don’t just happen. You must plan. And you must use restraint. It is MUCH EASIER to complete an edge than to lose and find it.”
- The Power of Understatement (Lost Edges) via Dianne Mize Studio Feb 2020“In the 1960's I attended an art show in which hung a huge mural size painting showing as its content the total of three words: "Say Everything Completely". I rebelled against that message then and I bristle at it now. The reason is that in my work, a part of my personal aesthetic is understatement.”
- 2nd Progress Update Working with Golden Absorbent Ground and Fineline Masking Fluid, on Violet Blooms 02.11.20“Over all I feel my realizations and near misses, design-wise, outweigh my mistakes and the very real possibility this will become a “conversation learning-piece” work vs anything I can call finished and available for sale. I’m hoping I’m wrong about that last part, and find a way to finish it 😊 Very briefly, these are … Read more
- Adan’s Product Reviews on Amazon – Spectrafix Non-Toxic Fixative Spray for Watercolor (Flowering at Dawn)“I’ve been experimenting with absorbent ground on 6×6 inch canvases lately and this is probably #6 or 7 in the batch. Brush on isolation layers worked on all the previous pictures til I reached the first one with gouache, ruined it! So, if I was to continue to be able to do pieces like this … Read more
- Adan’s Movie/Cable TV Reviews – “Howard’s End” – Outstanding Beyond Expectation! – ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️“I’m still processing the details of why and how this particular production via Masterpiece has stuck with both myself and my wife so strongly. There was no doubt, by the end of Episode 1 (of 4), I very much wanted to watch this….”
- Ridges of Spring Light – New 6×6 Watercolor Acrylic Upload on Fine Art America“It was my 2nd almost literally stab at slipping watercolor onto one of my new absorbent ground 6×6 inch canvases. My 1st try, Bird’s Eye View (now sold), was more cautious, although that’s relatively speaking, lol!”
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html