This week I have chosen to do something that compares different styles of “painting” or presentation on the same subject matter….each creating a totally different look. I would also like to preface that it’s ok to like certain styles of “painting” and/or really not like certain styles. Art is in the eye of the beholder…
— Read on thewallgalleryblog.wordpress.com/2020/02/29/same-subject-different-styles/
My previous reblog post featuring Kirt Tisdale, photographer & graphic artist, “ Lighting Changes – Sailboats on San Diego Bay” – featured variations of light in the course of one day on San Diego Bay, California.
This time around, Kirt does an amazing job of presenting five creative choices in four differing digital styles and two differing cropping choices of one basic image!
I had two very different results he achieved I really liked, and posted one of them at top.
Your fun opportunity is checking them out and seeing what appeals to you! 😊
It’s extra amazing to then also realize (or remember, if one does digital work) that, in addition to creating such engaging variations, Kirt obviously did not just click a convert button, but made lots of conscious (intuitive, experimental or otherwise) creative choices!
- Color densities / saturations
- Art styles
- Border edges
- Highlights / shadows
- Burning & dodging
And probably half a dozen other digital choices I didn’t think of, lol!
I hope you’ll take a look & enjoy the – literally – obvious joy of creativity ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number I.11.2“Arturo grasped a small canvas, inlaid with soft overlapping rows of wide brush strokes. Blue-grey, like worn bolts on an old wheel….”
- Aging Gracefully During Covid-19 : Approaching 70 – Why It Feels Like the Speed Limit, lol!“Doubts about whether 70 would actually be that major a marker for me, in terms of how hard and how far to push myself, held me back from developing thIs post though, until today!“
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number I.11.1“ It would be lunch time soon Arturo sensed….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number I.10.3“ …at the far end of the table, across from the side he had chosen to go down….”
- I Need Newsletter Feedback From Fellow Artists / Creatives 08.11.20“I’ve finally come to the point I’m willing to force myself to create a newsletter, lol….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number I.10.2“Her clash of ancestors….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number I.10.1“Galveston, initially, proved almost as problematic as it did promising.“
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html