This week I have chosen to do something that compares different styles of “painting” or presentation on the same subject matter….each creating a totally different look. I would also like to preface that it’s ok to like certain styles of “painting” and/or really not like certain styles. Art is in the eye of the beholder…
— Read on thewallgalleryblog.wordpress.com/2020/02/29/same-subject-different-styles/
My previous reblog post featuring Kirt Tisdale, photographer & graphic artist, “ Lighting Changes – Sailboats on San Diego Bay” – featured variations of light in the course of one day on San Diego Bay, California.
This time around, Kirt does an amazing job of presenting five creative choices in four differing digital styles and two differing cropping choices of one basic image!
I had two very different results he achieved I really liked, and posted one of them at top.
Your fun opportunity is checking them out and seeing what appeals to you! 😊
It’s extra amazing to then also realize (or remember, if one does digital work) that, in addition to creating such engaging variations, Kirt obviously did not just click a convert button, but made lots of conscious (intuitive, experimental or otherwise) creative choices!
- Color densities / saturations
- Art styles
- Border edges
- Highlights / shadows
- Burning & dodging
And probably half a dozen other digital choices I didn’t think of, lol!
I hope you’ll take a look & enjoy the – literally – obvious joy of creativity ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- September 17, 2021 – New Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, “Fantasy Walk” : Watercolor on Canvas on Light Molding Paste, #ContemporaryImpressionismSome times, some days, the little things, like the big things, if they are good and hopeful, then they are helpful.
- September 16, 2021 – Reblog(s) : Graham McQuade, Benchmarks 1 & 2 (Acrylic Painting) #figureartThis necessarily (on my part) a short post due to some time constraints, although I should add, Graham’s posts will be a quick read. They’re short, tight with information. What will take a little time, if you notice the time 😊 is….
- September 15, 2021 – Birds at Pfluger Bridge Austin @FineArtAmericaBirds at Pfluger Bridge Austin is an 11×14 oil painting I finished a little over 3 years ago, but never wrote up about individually on my blog. I realized this was the case when I tried to find my WordPress image from an older blog post to include in my most recent post; about birds of course 😊 Why I hadn’t done a post, announcing when I’d uploaded it to Fine Art America is simply that I….
- September 14, 2021 – Playing with 4K Video to Grab Still ShotsNow that we’ve had our bird feeder up a few months at our new location, we’ve come across a wider variety of birds (and other critters) and’ve been working at grabbing shots of birds in motion I might could use for sketches and such 🦅
- September 13, 2021 – Something New For Me! Sketching with Austin’s #UrbanSketchers Group! What a Treat!While I think my 1st sketch of the morning (below) was a bit sparse I really like the colors; and while my 2nd sketch (top, header image) was a bit busy even for me, it seems to have more….
- September 12, 2021 – Reblog/Review : Website, Claude Monet (Paintings, Biography, and Quotes)There is SO much good information, and beautiful images, on this site ( claude-monet.com ) it’s almost an embarrassment of riches! Meaning I can’t believe, despite my half-century+ enchantment with impressionism, esp Monet & Renoir) I never came across it before! In fact, I’m still coming across new material; not to mention the staggering review of much of Monet’s art work!
- September 11, 2021 – “Fantasy Walk” : Figure Art on Light Molding Paste on Canvas, Calling it Done, Sorta….Developing this painting has been more lesson on do’s and don’t’s I think than of completing a finished work, though I also think I’m gonna have to call this one done and move on. Looking at the image sequence from top to bottom, working from finish back to my start, I can see several “things” I’d’ve done differently. Most obvious now is I shoulda left a….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊