The last two days I’ve included tweets about the voter suppression effort in Harris County’s (Houston’s) drive-thru voting (approved and confirmed by both the Texas Republican Secretary of State, Ruth Ruggero Hughs, and an all-Republican Texas Supreme Court. Today a Republican Federal judge dismissed the suit to throw out 126,000 votes from folks who relied on information and instructions from both Republican and Democrat officials. Good news, right? Sorts 😏 Saw on TV just while ago the plaintiffs (who the appeals judge said had “no standing” declared to the cameras they’re headed straight to the 5th District Court of Appeals. Like the Democratic Harris County judge said of the Republicans that filed the suit, “They don’t like we made voting easy.”
I’ve a good slate of tweets to share about this, and other elections news, but want to start with this long but importantly detailed linked-to-info tweet in a post at Politico outlining where newer democracies have solved the problem we’re in, standardizing voting for all the citizens in the respective countries. It’s worth the info, and – for me – rather eye opening how easy this’d be to fix.
Plus there’s this bit of good news –
So, regarding the attempt to toss out 126,000 legitimately approved votes by seniors, moms w/children in their cars, and many others, Republican & Democratic alike, here’s tweets about it —
And for our national and local media, Porter Anderson offers this caution —
And finally, I’ll close as I’ve done the last few posts, finishing with –
My feeling is we need a national voting law or act that universalizes voting rights and procedures for all of us, of any political party, from top to bottom, in all voting jurisdictions in our country.
Vote, and vote early everyone! 😊 🇺🇸
I’m putting my regular posting on hold (‘cept for an art post or so 😊) until after the election.
It’s as good of a positive excuse as I’ll ever need, lol! I’m running incredibly behind uploading to Fine Art America original work I’m producing (meaning I’m still painting! ❤️), and struggling to keep up my Old American Artist tweet-posts w/the actual release of them on Twitter. And, haven’t done one follow up on my newsletter in, what, a month! So here’s the plan –
Once we’re past the election by a few days to a week, I plan to :
- Resume posting my Twitter tweet excerpt posts from The Old American Artist, Monday-Friday. If you’d like an earlier look, I’ll still be posting them onto Twitter itself (the blog postings lag the actual tweets by a few days) and can be followed via the hashtag #OldAmericanArtistExcerpts @FelipeAdanLerma . My tweet excerpt series itself here on my blog is at – https://felipeadanlerma.com/tag/oldamericanartistexcerpts/ .
- Resume posting my Fine Art America upload series with commentary. Considering I’m still blogging ‘bout pic I uploaded spring of 2006, that series has a “long” way to go, lol! That series, also here on my site, is at – https://felipeadanlerma.com/tag/my-faa-image-series/ .
- Resume posting my Tweets That Caught My Eye on Twitter series. Of the three currently running/returning series – this is the most varied and diverse : art to science to poetry to saying to simply an image; from humorous to serious to sensuous and odd ball in-between 😊 this is a fun series for me, and, based on my views, for my readers. I hope you’ll take a look and discover some interesting folks to follow on Twitter! That series is tagged as – https://felipeadanlerma.com/tag/tweets-that-caught-my-eye/ .
Meanwhile, I’ll try to –
- Catch up (at least somewhat) uploading my current art work (mostly watercolors w/touches of gouache) onto Fine Art America .
- Get a newsletter on my available art sent out.
- Post a few art related posts to compliment the Election 2020 series. One such topic I want to do is a review of Arteza’s watercolor brush pens I’ve used the past few days on two watercolors. My review of the 24 pen set on Amazon is at – https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R27VQOSU9JVWO2/ . They were quite fun to use 😊
- And, of course, present this new time limited (I hope! 😂) series – Election 2020. My objective, though I have my own strong preferences, is to encourage folks to exercise their constitutional right to vote, for whomever one prefers. I’ll probably post tweets that emphasize how the election is shaping up in terms of voting rights, voting numbers, and current voting related court cases – vs commentary specific to one candidate in terms of their position.
More of my posters / sayings currently available on Fine Art America art at –
Take care everyone! Vote! For whomever you like, but exercise our free constitutional right to choose who represents us! 💕
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 11, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Absorbing Nature“…here goes a short quickshot pictorial of my 1st probe of the nearest Austin nature area new to us, one we’ve never explored before; all done yesterday evening at the last moment.”
- May 10, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Max Jumping Steps
- May 10, 2021 – Reblog : Mother’s Day, 2021 via Abigail JohnstonYesterday I wrote a slightly unconventional Mother’s Day in terms of my usual posts, and today I saw a belated Mother’s Day post via Abigail Johnston via her site, No Half Measures, Living Out Loud, that spoke out to me….
- May 09, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Filtered LightAnother of my idea-searches for something at least relatively easy for me to post when I’d rather be painting, eating, sleeping, walking, or other random unrelated surprise opportunities the day might bring 😊
- May 09, 2021 – This Mother’s Day : The True Starting Point of the New Aquarian Age?“Maybe there’s more than a curious reason my wife is Aquarius sun to my own Aquarian moon. And my own mom is my polar opposite – and thus compliment – on my solar wheel.”
- May 08, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, My New Art Room Taking Shape : Stirring Up Thoughts and Feelings
- May 08, 2021 – Interesting Tweets I’ve Spotted RecentlyBelow are random tweets I liked for some reason – uplifting, funny, inspiring, informative, hopeful, pretty..something good or encouraging at the least 😊
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html