Sheila and I’ve been through 2 weeks without power in Galveston, after Hurricane Alicia, and I went through Hurricane Carla in Houston over 3 days in ’61, but this we-ain’t-built-for-it single digit cold and below zero wind shield has literally shut down the entire Texas power grid!
Uh, suggestion powers that be – let’s rethink our power grid, now please 😊
I dumbly left out some cacti, thinking, well, in the desert, temps get lower than this – uh, not a good idea either way. Hopefully these tiny plants’ ll still make ❤️
Below’s my screenshot of our morning temp, lol! Gonna be single digit again tonight!
I’m used to seeing water do this (Houston, Galveston, Austin, Florida) – but snow, wow!
Gonna let this go for now, power running out on our phones etc.
Take care everyone!
ps – we’ll make it, just not pleasant, lol! we’ll keep folks posted 😊
Please tap tweet above to like or share.
Please click here for direct link to article in above tweet.
Ps – above tweet 1 of 3, full thread worth the very short reads/info ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for Winter Scenes –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 17, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Morning View Walk in a Light RainI left off our car at a shop we’re trying out near our place for numerous routine minor stuff and walked the short distance back. Luckily I had an umbrella….
- May 16, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, After a Light Rain Barton CreekIt didn’t rain heavy, but it did rain off and on steadily, lol! And more of the same, some heavier, might come our way next 3 days or so. There was just enough rocks still above water I could walk out and….
- May 15, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Bird Friends at Our BalconyGranted, my real life observation of birds is relatively limited, I’ve never seen this before, one Cardinal feeding two! Wonderful really, so amazed at the joy of such a tiny slice of nature ❤️ To say it’s adorable seems nearly a cliche, but adorable it is!
- May 14, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, First Bird to Visit Our New Balcony Brings a FriendAdding on to yesterday’s pic of our 1st bird visitor to our new balcony at our new location is, I assume 😊, the same little bird, but with a friend, her red feathered boy cardinal I think! The expressions, I think, are priceless!
- May 13, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, First Bird to Visit Our Balcony in Our New LocationA simple pic tonight, a simple mingling of sentiments – innocence, curiosity, hunger….
- May 13, 2021 – Our #1 Learned Lesson This Move : Number the Boxes and Make a Digital List!“Such a simple idea, and Sheila says she’s either read or heard something similar, but only occurred to me this morning searching for random items I must’ve stuffed into a box with other stuff and now can’t find them – number each box, make a list of….”
- May 12, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, A Little Water in Barton Creek“…here goes a short quickshot pictorial of my 1st probe of the nearest Austin nature area new to us, one we’ve never explored before; all done yesterday evening at the last moment.”
Thanks again, everyone! 😊