Sheila and I’ve been through 2 weeks without power in Galveston, after Hurricane Alicia, and I went through Hurricane Carla in Houston over 3 days in ’61, but this we-ain’t-built-for-it single digit cold and below zero wind shield has literally shut down the entire Texas power grid!
Uh, suggestion powers that be – let’s rethink our power grid, now please 😊
I dumbly left out some cacti, thinking, well, in the desert, temps get lower than this – uh, not a good idea either way. Hopefully these tiny plants’ ll still make ❤️
Below’s my screenshot of our morning temp, lol! Gonna be single digit again tonight!
I’m used to seeing water do this (Houston, Galveston, Austin, Florida) – but snow, wow!
Gonna let this go for now, power running out on our phones etc.
Take care everyone!
ps – we’ll make it, just not pleasant, lol! we’ll keep folks posted 😊
Please tap tweet above to like or share.
Please click here for direct link to article in above tweet.
Ps – above tweet 1 of 3, full thread worth the very short reads/info ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for Winter Scenes –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- February 26, 2021 – Day After Our 1st of 2 Covid Shots + Info re 2nd ShotThe young lady above fared fairly well 1st day after our 1st of 2 Moderna Covid shots 😊 A sore arm, a little tired, but able and willing to do today’s SilverSneakers Cardio class! Me? Well 😏
- February 25, 2021 – Got Our 1st of 2 Covid Shots Today!Reposting my FB post here…And a bit more info in general below my pic 😊
- February 25, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Is It a Wrap?Is our #TexasFreeze winter storm over? A wrap? Done and ready to be forgotten?
- February 24, 2021 – The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number I.2.1 – with CommentaryI’ve no real idea if this is common, a little common, or just plain uncommon, lol, to other artists.
- February 23, 2021 – Texas Hill Country November – circa 2021 Watercolor – Adan’s PhotoPoemsThough an abstract, I think one of the things I like best about Texas Hill Country November, is it captures a little of the sense of the authentic the Texas landscaped outside….
- February 22, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Power is On, Water is Running, Boil Ban is Canceled, and – I Shaved!It’s hard to express the relief in again having the taken-for-granted luxury of running water, power to heat and cool our air and bodies, and being able to stand with family, even if for a short time, even if we knew we’d all four had to have been social distancing / masking – even if out doors in our relatively fresh Austin city air.
- February 21, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Hope is a Wet Blue Line and One Brave Bird in a TreeMy apologies for the break in communication continuity since yesterday morning – it’s been a rough but promising ride, and, I got my own answer as to how come the phrase/idea, “Why the Caged Bird Sings” has always appealed to me 😊
Thanks again, everyone! 😊