Though many are beginning to get electricity throughout the city, ours is still dark, and cold.
Half the apts at our complex got power a couple days ago, but the other half hasn’t.
Seems a similar story block to block around Austin.
The details are in the grid!
The Texas Tribune has lots of articles examining both the overall and details of this disaster. A major component, as voiced from different directions, is cost —
“Canada runs power systems with weather colder than this all the time,” he said. “A lot of these problems you can fix by spending money. There is a question: If you have low probability of an extreme event, do you want to spend the money?”https://www.texastribune.org/2021/02/18/greg-abbott-winter-storm/
How catastrophic and how often a run of close calls – and our current situation isn’t out of the woods yet, wife and I don’t have power! – as a determiner of whether to prepare or not, doesn’t seem in the “public” interest. And I think that’s where the crux of it all goes.
Is electrical power, and water supply, and public education, and public health, a public issue?
Will and can it affect you?
Like in the self defense of our country.
Like when a pandemic hits everyone around us.
Regardless what one does or did to prepare or prevent a disaster like we in Texas are experiencing today.
Except, it’s important to remember, all those smart folks in far west, panhandle, and east Texas who chose not to go independent and “not have to answer to the Feds” 😏 Like most the rest of the nation. They’ve weathered the weather 😊
Will folks here in Texas learn enough of a lesson this time?
I get the feeling some folks don’t want us to.
But this time, maybe, yes, maybe….
Take care everyone 🙏
ps – beginning to get word there’s sporadic power to the other units in our complex 🤞 😊
ps ps – to see my only non-#TexasFreeze post since this began, a new watercolor photopoem upload, please see my post at –
Touch or tap tweets above to like and share 💕
See more of images & videos of #TexasFreeze at –
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for Winter Scenes –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 17, 2022 – Art Delivery to Cypress Grill Austin for a Creative Arts Society Rotating Member ShowingI’m happy to post I’m placing my 1st piece of art work at a Creative Arts Society member venue in over a year and a half!
- January 16, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Fantasy Landscape – New 16×20 #LyricalAbstract #AcrylicPaintingFantasy Landscape is currently residing at the Old Bakery & Emporium in downtown Austin across from the Texas State Capital. It’s a super playful acrylic I didn’t realize would be “so much” a landscape as it turned out, lol! All part of the “discovery” process inside each artist, often call the landscape inside, probably in more senses than one, as Joan Mitchell has alluded to.
- January 15, 2022 – New 12×24 Inch #Acrylic Upload @FineArtAmerica – Blue Impressionist Abstract 1Third of my 3 uploaded acrylic color blocks, each 12×24 inches on gallery wrapped canvas, Blue gives me a triad of sorts, the other two paintings being red and yellow. A link to related blog posts is – https://felipeadanlerma.com/?s=Impressionist+abstract I’ve always like panoramas, even in my….
- January 14, 2022 – Painting + Capturing Photos of the Sides of 2 #ImpressionistAbstract Panoramas Accepted by Art for the People Gallery AustinA few posts ago I announced about my art audition for an upcoming show at Austin local gallery, Art for the People, and mentioned I’d had a couple of my Impressionist Abstract panoramas chosen! One, the red version, already had its sides painted, but the newer blue version didn’t, so I got to work right away. Like I tell folks who like hearing ’bout how I put these together, painting the sides almost always takes as long or longer than the painting! Why?
- January 13, 2022 – 2 New Works In-Progress : Good Conversation + Healthy Vines Happy Hearts – #AbstractPainting #LyricalAbstraction #TheAdjacentPossibleWasn’t sure what I wanted to paint this particular day, just really needed to 😊 I’ve been reading a creativity book, The Adjacent Possible; filled with good ideas, one of which emphasizes “just starting.” A concept the author calls zero to 1, which she explains is like this huge leap, from nothing, to something. She says it over and over, all different ways, and I understood it. First intellectually. Then emotionally. And today, physically.
- January 12, 2022 – Auditioned 3 Paintings at #ArtForThePeopleGallery, Snuck in 3 Unannounced Works, Got 4 of 6 Accepted!!!Well, I didn’t really “sneak” 3 additional works into my art audition at Art for the People Gallery here in Austin — but I did pack 3 extra pieces into my car & after they’d seen the 3 they’d asked to see, I asked them if they’d like to see some even newer work, basically blocks of color, with texture, that I had with me? And they said yes! The 3 they first asked to see….
- January 11, 2022 – Adan’s #ArtPoems / #PhotoPoems : Light is But Darkness Feeling…I’ve had a PhotoPoems / Photo Poems series of posts seems since near when I 1st started my blog, and was tempted to call this verse, for Angel, a PhotoPoem also. But even though I’ve a few posts tying poem and art work together, I don’t think that would be in the spirit of the thought behind the poems anymore. An art poem, I feel instinctively, is….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊