My apologies for the break in communication continuity since yesterday morning – it’s been a rough but promising ride, and, I got my own answer as to how come the phrase/idea, “Why the Caged Bird Sings” has always appealed to me 😊
Maya Angelou’s iconic phrase has appealed to me before I knew who had said it or why. It just did.
And I’ve come to the conclusion it’s just one of those universally appealing truths that fits all peoples and all times, good and bad – and it’s the phrase that came to me when I spotted the bird above in the bird feeder that’d gone empty for who knows how many days before I could refill it yesterday.
And below, 1/2 the main reason we’re able to be back home happily exhausting ourselves replenishing food, water, gas in the car, and of course, the bird feeder – our water is back along with our power! 💕 The water from the spigot may not be “blue” blue, but it was sweet and blue as I could imagine ❤️
The water lines btw, were thousands of cars deep early this morning at the nearest place us, but I was able to get some Ozarka 5 gallon spring water at Central Market, plus about a ton and a half it seemed of fresh vegetables, lol! Smile
So, right now, before I go on a late afternoon walk, then a “very” much needed shower and beard trim, I want to finish this short post. For awhile, earlier this week, during the height of the #TexasFreeze, I was mostly only able to blog, now, recovering, it’s a squeeze. So, hopefully very soon, a better balance all around will shape back up.
Tomorrow our oldest girl is coming in from Houston for the middle granddaughter plus bringing us more H2O.
We’re not out of the recovery woods yet, but just talking about restoring and removing and resetting ourselves is a HUGE plus! 😊
Hopefully I’ll even soon be able to paint again, and post about that again!
Take care everyone 🙏
ps – recently posted my 1st new #watercolor on Fine Art America in awhile ❤️ –
Below, some of the pluses and minuses from #TexasFreeze via The Texas Tribune
Touch or tap tweets above to like and share 💕
See more of images & videos of #TexasFreeze at –
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for Winter Scenes –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- July 31, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the WaterThe initial goal was to simply select and mark the area for my figure. Then I freely applied Golden’s light molding paste, leaving the selected area for my figure much more level, and forming the paste into potentially vegetative designs as inspiration and malleable ground meshed —
- July 30, 2021 – What a Difference a New Keyboard Makes : LENRICH iPad pro 12.9 case with keyboardThis is an older now discontinued keyboard, but one of the few still available for my IPad Pro 2nd generation model (current model is 5th generation I believe), but I’m impressed with it enough to post about it and (if all continues well) my renewed ease of use not having to use the onscreen keyboard for blog posts, emails etc – that’s a big deal for me, lol! 😊
- July 29, 2021 – Whew! Yesterday Was a Day of Plowing Through, lol!Above is a picture of me November 2019 (notice the weather is warm but hot, finally 😊) and I look just a bit worn out? I’d just climbed the 218 steps to top of Old Baldy near Wimberley Texas! That’s kinda how I felt yesterday, only without as nice a view, lol! I’ll just say that….
- July 28, 2021 – New 25×40 #Acrylic on Canvas In-Progress : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerA chore heat filled day where my keyboard evidently is deciding it’s had it, lol! Hopefully I finish this post 😊 Basically I started the groundwork for my newest painting, acrylic, wanting to settle on my composition before hand, unlike how I handled my just finished watercolor, same size, where I inserted my figure at the end.
- July 27, 2021 – 4 Weeks Running! My Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, Summer is a Lady : #Watercolor on Paper #ContemporaryImpressionismI’m sure I’ve had images repeat as most viewed 4 times in a row, but I wasn’t paying as much attention to that as I try to nowadays 😊 Summer is a Lady continues to simmer atop my selection of photos and artwork and illustrated poetry ♥️
- July 26, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New #Watercolor on Canvas Completed : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerI just took another look at my newly completed painting (above) to try for some settled sentiment I can include for my post, and I do have that – some settled sentiment. I’m still digesting and assimilating what this new work means to me. Though I know it’s incomplete, because I also know this work is more a conscious marker of where I want to head, and feel compelled to head toward, I do have a grasp enough to point out some things that are making themselves more known to me.
- July 25, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New Watercolor on Canvas in-progress, Developing the Right Figure to AddAs you can tell from my top pic, my efforts to progress from my value study and digital studies below are not going great, lol! I take solace from several things —
Thanks again, everyone! 😊