My apologies for the break in communication continuity since yesterday morning – it’s been a rough but promising ride, and, I got my own answer as to how come the phrase/idea, “Why the Caged Bird Sings” has always appealed to me 😊
Maya Angelou’s iconic phrase has appealed to me before I knew who had said it or why. It just did.
And I’ve come to the conclusion it’s just one of those universally appealing truths that fits all peoples and all times, good and bad – and it’s the phrase that came to me when I spotted the bird above in the bird feeder that’d gone empty for who knows how many days before I could refill it yesterday.
And below, 1/2 the main reason we’re able to be back home happily exhausting ourselves replenishing food, water, gas in the car, and of course, the bird feeder – our water is back along with our power! 💕 The water from the spigot may not be “blue” blue, but it was sweet and blue as I could imagine ❤️
The water lines btw, were thousands of cars deep early this morning at the nearest place us, but I was able to get some Ozarka 5 gallon spring water at Central Market, plus about a ton and a half it seemed of fresh vegetables, lol! Smile
So, right now, before I go on a late afternoon walk, then a “very” much needed shower and beard trim, I want to finish this short post. For awhile, earlier this week, during the height of the #TexasFreeze, I was mostly only able to blog, now, recovering, it’s a squeeze. So, hopefully very soon, a better balance all around will shape back up.
Tomorrow our oldest girl is coming in from Houston for the middle granddaughter plus bringing us more H2O.
We’re not out of the recovery woods yet, but just talking about restoring and removing and resetting ourselves is a HUGE plus! 😊
Hopefully I’ll even soon be able to paint again, and post about that again!
Take care everyone 🙏
ps – recently posted my 1st new #watercolor on Fine Art America in awhile ❤️ –
Below, some of the pluses and minuses from #TexasFreeze via The Texas Tribune
Touch or tap tweets above to like and share 💕
See more of images & videos of #TexasFreeze at –
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for Winter Scenes –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 15, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Spring Rising”I’d done a lot of deep or darker night-like paintings for a bit, so it felt pretty nice to lighten up my palette for awhile. Working back & forth, from the two approaches – playing the potential good from both approaches seems to suit my Libra middle, lol!
- May 14, 2022 – My 1st Classical Stretch Workout with Miranda Esmonde-White ( via YouTube ) in Many Months!Though similar to SilverSneakers’ classes, Miranda’s classes focus largely on making the fascia network in our bodies more fluid. Some movements are very similar, but more extended, dance-like, reflecting Miranda’s ballerina and dance background!
- May 13, 2022 – “Angel” in AVAA’s 1st Austin Art Space Gallery and Studio Group Show in a Long Time!Just a very quick post to announce that my 18×24 inch acrylic on stretched canvas, Angel – has been accepted into Austin Visual Arts Association’s ( AVAA) 1st group show since ( I believe ) the pandemic. Definitely been a long time coming and feels great to be able to be showing with this long time Austin art association again! 😊
- May 12, 2022 – Updated My #Twitter Header Image and Pinned TweetThough Twitter’s future is up in the air, or ether, or virtual landscape; and my own “footprint” there and social media in general is micro-whatever, lol! — it’s still my micro existence, and I want to care for it best I can 😊
- May 11, 2022 – Reblog / Review : Joan Mitchell, “I carry my landscapes around with me” – #Polyptychs…my reading of Joan Mitchell’s work – while often including much of that same connection, speaks more directly to me about the impact of the canvas before me in that process. Especially most specifically in regard to Joan’s work with multi-panel / multi-canvas works of art – ie, polyptychs!
- May 10, 2022 – BW Impressionist Abstract 1, Completed!A few posts back, about a new diptych in-progress, Freedom, in the 2nd 1/2 of the post, I mentioned having another in-progress work, BW Impressionist Abstract 1, that the 9 year old ( our youngest grandchild ) said he really liked, but wanted more “gold” in it, and pointed out where & how much more gold paint 😊 So I took him at his word & did the changes –
- May 09, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, 2nd Time This Year My Top 3 Most Viewed Images Are Photographs!Part of what I find fascinating about this posting’s top 3 viewed of my images at Fine Art America, is that all 3 are BW, or mostly so! As fascinating is I’ve also had a series of intermittent paintings of featuring mostly dark tones, even some with gold tones, like as seen in Bridge into the Night above. Among them have been —
Thanks again, everyone! 😊