We’ve gladly been running ragged getting bottled water (til the boil notice ban being lifted was released near sunset), scrounging up good food at HEB and Central Market, placing our 1st wine order in what feels like ages from Total Wine, and enjoying a rare outdoor lunch w/our oldest girl and middle granddaughter 💕
And yes, I shaved!
Symbolic, and somehow necessary in this thaw of temperatures and turn of political fortunes back to a, I believe, a true semblance of humanity – not the shaved part literally – but the exposed, willing to be counted as part of the majority in our country part. Symbolic in what I hope is the best part of us 😊
It’s hard to express the relief in again having the taken-for-granted luxury of running water, power to heat and cool our air and bodies, and being able to stand with family, even if for a short time, even if we knew we’d all four had to have been social distancing / masking – even if out doors in our relatively fresh Austin city air.
I literally have so little more I can say right now, at 8 pm, after a roller coaster of unforeseen depths of cold and want and danger, and finally see an end to that shocking weather episode in our lives.
I do feel the say apex of extreme may be being reaching in our fight against Covid-19.
Sheila and I are on more lists than I can remember.
When, and if, we receive our vaccines – I will let folks know ♥️
Sleep well, sleep better, recover – and – if you really really need to….shave 😊
To celebrate a turning of weather and hopefully other fortunes for the better, my newest watercolor upload 😊 –
Touch or tap tweet above to like and share 💕
Plus see more of images & videos of #TexasFreeze at –
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for Winter Scenes –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- June 19, 2021 – Reblog : 10 Ways To Observe #Juneteenth This Year (via Women’s Health)Reblog – Women’s Health, 10 Ways To Observe Juneteenth This Year
- June18, 2021 – What Makes Dappled Light Work? It Almost Always Looks Good!Being in and around a changing if steady light at the greenbelt near us has given me the visual impetus to actually think about something I’ve long liked in much of Renoir’s and other impressionists’ art work – dappled light.
- June 17, 2021 – Update for Delivering Art for the Reopening of The Old Bakery and Emporium (across from the State Capital) Austin, TexasAlmost a month ago I posted pics of Sheila and I making our 1st visit in over a year to the Old Bakery & Emporium where I show and sell a variety of images and writings…One of the nicer surprise developments has been a request to offer prints of my 7 unit Volleyball series.
- June 16, 2021 – Interesting Tweets I’ve Spotted RecentlyBelow are random tweets I liked for some reason – uplifting, funny, inspiring, informative, hopeful, pretty..something good or encouraging at the least 😊
- June 15, 2021 – My New Upload @FineArtAmerica – Violet Crown Trail Morning (Digital Art) PosterThough most of my hikes to the Barton Springs Greenbelt nearby are still exploratory, even when taking the 8 year old along 😊, I am beginning to recognize when I need, and want, to be there.
- June 14, 2021 – Volleyball Server Poster, My Newest #SportsPoetry Upload @FineArtAmericaLast of my 7 Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Server Poster, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items! 😊
- June 13, 2021 – Austin Texas….on-going authentic aspects of Austin, Texas….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊