We’ve gladly been running ragged getting bottled water (til the boil notice ban being lifted was released near sunset), scrounging up good food at HEB and Central Market, placing our 1st wine order in what feels like ages from Total Wine, and enjoying a rare outdoor lunch w/our oldest girl and middle granddaughter 💕
And yes, I shaved!
Symbolic, and somehow necessary in this thaw of temperatures and turn of political fortunes back to a, I believe, a true semblance of humanity – not the shaved part literally – but the exposed, willing to be counted as part of the majority in our country part. Symbolic in what I hope is the best part of us 😊
It’s hard to express the relief in again having the taken-for-granted luxury of running water, power to heat and cool our air and bodies, and being able to stand with family, even if for a short time, even if we knew we’d all four had to have been social distancing / masking – even if out doors in our relatively fresh Austin city air.
I literally have so little more I can say right now, at 8 pm, after a roller coaster of unforeseen depths of cold and want and danger, and finally see an end to that shocking weather episode in our lives.
I do feel the say apex of extreme may be being reaching in our fight against Covid-19.
Sheila and I are on more lists than I can remember.
When, and if, we receive our vaccines – I will let folks know ♥️
Sleep well, sleep better, recover – and – if you really really need to….shave 😊
To celebrate a turning of weather and hopefully other fortunes for the better, my newest watercolor upload 😊 –
Touch or tap tweet above to like and share 💕
Plus see more of images & videos of #TexasFreeze at –
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for Winter Scenes –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- March 06, 2021 – A Yoga Teacher – Gift Writing / Poetry by AdanYesterday I posted about another of my gift writings, one that sold just recently, Volleyball Setter, and I thought I’d post a short note about another I’ve always liked – A Yoga Teacher.
- March 05, 2021 – Volleyball Setter Gallery Wrap Canvas Print SOLD @FineArtAmerica“…pleased to say I’ve sold a gallery wrapped canvas print featured in one of my most viewed posts on my site, Volleyball Setter – Original Sports Poetry Back in Stock, to a buyer in Sturgis, Michigan!”
- March 04, 2021 – Masks in Grocery Stores in Austin – Back to Mask/Mass ConfusionAll I feel I can really do is wish and pray for the safety of everyone in those stores without mandates, whether pro or con re the masks. If we’re in this together, we really need to act like we’re are in this together ♥️
- March 03, 2021 – Why We’re Only Shopping at Sprouts For Groceries (and a few others) Here in Austin For Now, Hint: Covid-19“… for us to choose to voluntarily restrict ourselves to Sprouts, and a few other stores I’ll highlight hopefully tomorrow, is a big deal. Fixed incomes of the qualifying-for-most-any-level of stimulus cut-off-money work that way 😊 “
- March 02, 2021 – 1st Full Day of Recovery After My 1st Covid VaccinationI’m developing a different kind of problem ☺️ – too many good things to choose from I want to do!
- March 01, 2021 – Floating Butterfly 1 Pen and Ink with Watercolor – circa 2021 Watercolor – Adan’s PhotoPoems“…wings spotted like the sun’s own face….”
- February 28, 2021 – My Most Viewed Image This Week @FineArtAmerica, Watercolor, “Charcoal Mountain”Using one of Arteza’s black brush pens, it shows the pen’s exceptional ability to lay down thick and wash pigment (see image below). The thick nicely textured Canson XL watercolor paper of course helps too 😊
Thanks again, everyone! 😊