I didn’t think to get a pic of our drive-thru line at our Dr’s clinic, it would’ve been nice, ’cause Sheila and I have been lucky enough to get our Covid-19 booster shot (Moderna version)!
There’s several bits of info we learned going through the process of setting up and obtaining our appts for our booster shots —
- Certain folks can get a 3rd shot as soon as 28 days after their 2nd shot if they fit certain guidelines, most specifically moderately to severely compromised immune systems. Folks, many up in years, with ongoing or life long issues, could benefit from bolstering the immune system – https://laist.com/news/health/covid-vaccines-third-dose-booster-los-angeles-southern-california
- Figuring out if oneself should consider the booster shot before the late September date for the general population of health care workers and other elderly isn’t easy. This article says, “people should talk to their healthcare provider about their medical condition, and whether getting an additional dose is appropriate for them.” – https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/coronavirus/covid-booster-shots-who-is-eligible-and-when-can-they-get-one-heres-what-to-know/2593160/ . My Dr told us we should get ours now, so we did 😊
- Neither cost or incentives figured in our decision as we were told early on no insurance was need and cost was covered by the government; ie, our tax $ 😊
- Apparently the 3rd Covid vaccine shot should be of the same as initially taken, ie either Moderna or Pfizer. In the case of J&J single shot vaccine recipients, a 2nd shot from either of the other two vaccines available are acceptable – https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/03/jj-covid-vaccine-recipients-can-get-supplemental-pfizer-or-moderna-shots-in-san-francisco.html
- An excellent overview of the 3 vaccines, and who is most at risk (no surprise, the unvaccinated) via the AAMA – https://www.aamc.org/news-insights/so-you-got-jj-vaccine-here-s-what-you-should-know-about-delta-variant-boosters-and-more
I’ll only add that Covid has been and continues to be an evolving threat, and besides your own best judgement and conscience, your own physician or trusted medical person is the best way to decide if and how you should proceed regarding a 3rd or booster shot. They’re actually defined differently almost strictly on whether one possibly (or definitely) has immune compromised issues. If you’re healthy, it’s a booster. If you’re compromised, it’s a 3rd shot. I guess that helps define the purpose of the shot among the population.
And final word goes to Dr Fauci —
“It has been an almost reproducible phenomenon with COVID-19. If you wait for something bad to happen before you respond to it, you find yourselves considerably behind,” said Fauci. “Better stay ahead of it than chasing after it.”https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/08/19/1028594715/covid-booster-shots-are-coming-heres-what-you-need-to-know
Take care everyone ♥️ Please stay well so others can also; survival of the fittest, human fittest, I believe, requires empathy 💕 If the human species doesn’t survive, there is no fittest human survivor…. ☺️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “ethics, in Books” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- September 25, 2021 – Walking in Dappled Light Study 1, #Watercolor on Paper, CompletedNot much difference between the previous post’s study version and the completed version above. As you can tell, from the 2nd duo sets of contrasts below, all I did was soften the upper slanting line separating red and white on the lady’s back. But for me, it….
- September 24, 2021 – New Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, Ridges of Spring Light, #watercolor, painted late 2019I’ve recently been including Ridges of Spring Light in several of my blog posts about dappled light and masking fluid, not because it was meant to “be” dappled light, or that I used masking fluid creating it, though it does have three distinct areas of canvas (coated with absorbent ground to accept watercolors). No, Ridges of Spring Light contains a sense of dappleness, often created with masking fluid, and I used that image here to illustrate the idea that a variable sense of light sometimes just comes about, even in an abstract.
- September 23, 2021 – Walking in Dappled Light Study 1, #Watercolor on Paper, Masking Fluid RemovedThere’s a lot I like about how this looks with the masking fluid gone (removed prev night and slept on the shock of seeing the changes, lol!) – which doesn’t mean though I’m not looking at what to try to improve how I feel about this work 😊 Initially, 1st impression, I was determined to restore & “correct” some of the changes —
- September 22, 2021 – Walking in Dappled Light Study 1, #Watercolor on Paper; 1st Paint Lay-in with Masking FluidAt 9×12 on 140lb x watercolor paper, I was able to use my brushes fairly effectively where I wanted them, and applied some Turner masking fluid (with a thin palette knife) “fairly” easy. And yes, some foot proportions are off a bit, lol, and her back blouse almost looks like it’s the front, but all in not too bad toward my primary priority – quickly achieve some degree of dappling look. Once the masking fluid comes off though, it could be very different….
- September 21, 2021 – Initial Review of “Breath: The New Science of a Lost Art” by James NestorI’d been doing a day to day posting of a continuing study-sketch project with figures in a watercolor landscape and ran into a time roadblock – grandchild, groceries, fitness (walking, yoga, Essentrics), picking up line art to practice-paint at my printer, etc 😊 and wasn’t able to wiggle any more time to work on that project and write about it, so… I took a deep breath and picked up a book (virtually, via my Kindle Reader, lol!) The editorial reviews often mentioned this read like a novel & my intro and beginning pages already confirm that.
- September 20, 2021 – Dappled Light, “Figures in a Landscape Study” Still Not Done, But, Already a Learning Tool For Me!“Learning Tool for Me” is part of my blog title today simply ’cause I’ve looking at this post as specifically geared to get me where I wanna go – keeping in mind my destination is a generalized abstraction of image / feeling / and intuitive aspiration (hopefully including figurative work) & it’s reached a point of development over my previous renditions that I now need to put my resolve into concrete, hopefully creative, useful thoughts for my future directions. Lot of contradictions. Like life. Like me 😊 Here goes (for now) —
- September 19, 2021 – Dappled Light, “Figures in a Landscape Study” ContinuedJust a quick post updating yesterday’s release showing what I’ve changed/added on to a watercolor on paper I’d 1st posted about on Sept 7th…A bigger factor in today’s image update is the addition of more “white”.
Thanks again, everyone! 😊