I didn’t think to get a pic of our drive-thru line at our Dr’s clinic, it would’ve been nice, ’cause Sheila and I have been lucky enough to get our Covid-19 booster shot (Moderna version)!
There’s several bits of info we learned going through the process of setting up and obtaining our appts for our booster shots —
- Certain folks can get a 3rd shot as soon as 28 days after their 2nd shot if they fit certain guidelines, most specifically moderately to severely compromised immune systems. Folks, many up in years, with ongoing or life long issues, could benefit from bolstering the immune system – https://laist.com/news/health/covid-vaccines-third-dose-booster-los-angeles-southern-california
- Figuring out if oneself should consider the booster shot before the late September date for the general population of health care workers and other elderly isn’t easy. This article says, “people should talk to their healthcare provider about their medical condition, and whether getting an additional dose is appropriate for them.” – https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/coronavirus/covid-booster-shots-who-is-eligible-and-when-can-they-get-one-heres-what-to-know/2593160/ . My Dr told us we should get ours now, so we did 😊
- Neither cost or incentives figured in our decision as we were told early on no insurance was need and cost was covered by the government; ie, our tax $ 😊
- Apparently the 3rd Covid vaccine shot should be of the same as initially taken, ie either Moderna or Pfizer. In the case of J&J single shot vaccine recipients, a 2nd shot from either of the other two vaccines available are acceptable – https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/03/jj-covid-vaccine-recipients-can-get-supplemental-pfizer-or-moderna-shots-in-san-francisco.html
- An excellent overview of the 3 vaccines, and who is most at risk (no surprise, the unvaccinated) via the AAMA – https://www.aamc.org/news-insights/so-you-got-jj-vaccine-here-s-what-you-should-know-about-delta-variant-boosters-and-more
I’ll only add that Covid has been and continues to be an evolving threat, and besides your own best judgement and conscience, your own physician or trusted medical person is the best way to decide if and how you should proceed regarding a 3rd or booster shot. They’re actually defined differently almost strictly on whether one possibly (or definitely) has immune compromised issues. If you’re healthy, it’s a booster. If you’re compromised, it’s a 3rd shot. I guess that helps define the purpose of the shot among the population.
And final word goes to Dr Fauci —
“It has been an almost reproducible phenomenon with COVID-19. If you wait for something bad to happen before you respond to it, you find yourselves considerably behind,” said Fauci. “Better stay ahead of it than chasing after it.”https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/08/19/1028594715/covid-booster-shots-are-coming-heres-what-you-need-to-know
Take care everyone ♥️ Please stay well so others can also; survival of the fittest, human fittest, I believe, requires empathy 💕 If the human species doesn’t survive, there is no fittest human survivor…. ☺️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “ethics, in Books” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 21, 2022 – Sheila & I Are Attending 2 Gallery Openings Today! #PrimalGalleryDS #AustinArtSpaceSheila and I are off to a busy fun art-openings day that include some of my art at two local galleries today – AVAA’s Austin Art Space, and Primal Gallery in nearby Dripping Springs!
- May 20, 2022 – Will My New #Austin #Photography Poster, Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Join My Austin Pink Sunset Photo and Lou Neff Digital Art Poster in Sales?The question itself, whether Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt will match or join my currently selling best prints, is a question more of hope and companionship for my image of a truly usually bright spot in Austin, the system of greenbelts preserving the water that makes living here even possible ❤️
- May 19, 2022 – Hardest / Best Part of My Strength Class Recently – Releasing Myself a SmileIt’s nearing 8pm and I’m trying to apply an exercise lesson our online SilverSneakers instructor, Michelle, brought up a few times today – smile 😊
- May 18, 2022 – Places In or Near Austin Texas You Can See and Buy My Prints ( Art and Photography ) #PrimalGallery #OldBakery&EmporiumPrints have consistently out-sold my originals if for no other reasons than they are less expensive and usually have more items to choose from. Not bad reasons at all 😊 What I want to do now though is, begin to –
- May 17, 2022 – I Have a Lot of Happenings ( art & personal ) This Week, But Still Finding Moments To Start a New Painting : Morning’s PromiseIt’s nice to dance the surface of my canvas as needed. And able ☺️ And right now, a light step, at an easy pace, may give me the time – and energy – to get more than a handful of other needed things also done this week. Not a bad compromise. For now 😊
- May 16, 2022 – New Diptych : “Freedom” Almost Finished, Panels Need Signing ( front & back )And what I’ve come across figuring out how to make prints of this that folks can work with, ie, close to or within standard size dimensions, was how to get a 22×28 image convert into – in 2 examples – an 8×10 or 12×18, and I came up with this as a starting prototype….
- May 15, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Spring Rising”I’d done a lot of deep or darker night-like paintings for a bit, so it felt pretty nice to lighten up my palette for awhile. Working back & forth, from the two approaches – playing the potential good from both approaches seems to suit my Libra middle, lol!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊