I didn’t think to get a pic of our drive-thru line at our Dr’s clinic, it would’ve been nice, ’cause Sheila and I have been lucky enough to get our Covid-19 booster shot (Moderna version)!
There’s several bits of info we learned going through the process of setting up and obtaining our appts for our booster shots —
- Certain folks can get a 3rd shot as soon as 28 days after their 2nd shot if they fit certain guidelines, most specifically moderately to severely compromised immune systems. Folks, many up in years, with ongoing or life long issues, could benefit from bolstering the immune system – https://laist.com/news/health/covid-vaccines-third-dose-booster-los-angeles-southern-california
- Figuring out if oneself should consider the booster shot before the late September date for the general population of health care workers and other elderly isn’t easy. This article says, “people should talk to their healthcare provider about their medical condition, and whether getting an additional dose is appropriate for them.” – https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/coronavirus/covid-booster-shots-who-is-eligible-and-when-can-they-get-one-heres-what-to-know/2593160/ . My Dr told us we should get ours now, so we did 😊
- Neither cost or incentives figured in our decision as we were told early on no insurance was need and cost was covered by the government; ie, our tax $ 😊
- Apparently the 3rd Covid vaccine shot should be of the same as initially taken, ie either Moderna or Pfizer. In the case of J&J single shot vaccine recipients, a 2nd shot from either of the other two vaccines available are acceptable – https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/03/jj-covid-vaccine-recipients-can-get-supplemental-pfizer-or-moderna-shots-in-san-francisco.html
- An excellent overview of the 3 vaccines, and who is most at risk (no surprise, the unvaccinated) via the AAMA – https://www.aamc.org/news-insights/so-you-got-jj-vaccine-here-s-what-you-should-know-about-delta-variant-boosters-and-more
I’ll only add that Covid has been and continues to be an evolving threat, and besides your own best judgement and conscience, your own physician or trusted medical person is the best way to decide if and how you should proceed regarding a 3rd or booster shot. They’re actually defined differently almost strictly on whether one possibly (or definitely) has immune compromised issues. If you’re healthy, it’s a booster. If you’re compromised, it’s a 3rd shot. I guess that helps define the purpose of the shot among the population.
And final word goes to Dr Fauci —
“It has been an almost reproducible phenomenon with COVID-19. If you wait for something bad to happen before you respond to it, you find yourselves considerably behind,” said Fauci. “Better stay ahead of it than chasing after it.”https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/08/19/1028594715/covid-booster-shots-are-coming-heres-what-you-need-to-know
Take care everyone ♥️ Please stay well so others can also; survival of the fittest, human fittest, I believe, requires empathy 💕 If the human species doesn’t survive, there is no fittest human survivor…. ☺️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “ethics, in Books” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- December 03, 2021 – I Am Tired, But I Am Happy; I’ve Been Painting, A Lot!The above pic contrasts below with this earlier pic shot shot in November —
- December 02, 2021 – My Minimalist Art Experiment, “Abstract Minimalism 1 (in-progress) Part 2, Major ShiftThe large blue area (which I loved) had to be muted (or change the other orange/red areas). Blue bottom areas were also muted. The white/yellow glaze over the blue area tinting it into green. But, do I want to do more? Do I need to do more?
- December 01, 2021 – My Minimalist Art Experiment, “Abstract Minimalism 1 (in-progress) Part 1, a BeginningA funny thing happened on my way to my newest attempt to correctly ( ie, satisfyingly ) extrapolate a detail shot ( variations of which I’m calling, “Approach” ) of one of my paintings (Autumn Passage) — — during the 2nd lay-in, after applying Light Molding Paste over the canvas, I ended up, when I’d see it from a distance, ie through a door from another room, very much liking its basic look; enough so I decided to try and enhance the current stage of the painting, yet, keep it’s basic minimalism intact 😊
- November 30, 2021 – My Idea for Promoting My WordPress Blog Posts on Twitter (With My Pinned Tweet), Part 4And so far, I’m very pleased with how it’s working. It’s saving me a bit of time, yet also keeping tweets going out promoting my more recent posts. I could probably do with slightly more frequently….
- November 29, 2021 – Fine Art America News : “Easy Morning” and “Walking in Light” Featured in Art Groups + Sold a “If Dads Were” Coffee CupBoth figures in the painting above and below are watercolors, though, Easy Morning is all watercolor on absorbent ground. Walking in Light’s paint, around the figure below, is acrylic; both the watercolor figure and remainder of my painting done on Golden’s Light Molding Paste. Golden has evidently been at improving acrylics a long time, as I learned in this post (with links to Golden’s article), and I can say that for me, working on their molding paste, in watercolor and acrylic, is a real treat!
- November 28, 2021 – My Most Viewed Image This Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Heart FragmentIf it was an amazing process to see older photos and artwork show up on my most viewed list last week (and it was 😊) then this batch is incredible! Work from so many years have shown up, and such a variety! It tells me, one can never quite tell what folks might be looking for day to day, week to week, and it’s nice for me to have the inventory assortment, “almost” a historical diary, of my work
- November 27, 2021 – LOL! I Don’t Like It, But I WANT It! : Preparing More Paintings and Applications for Places to Show and Sell!!I squashed together what I could to show a “fair” sampling of my work recently finished or in-progress right now. There’s more, tucked here and there among these, lol! And on another wall! I choose to consider that a good problem 😊 Seeing these together like tis, If I had to choose one thing tying them all together – the impressionist skews, the abstracted slants, the washes, the thick tones, the high key and (nearly) BW work – I’d say it’s….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊