Today marks a week since Sheila and I got our booster shots, and I’m very glad to say we seem to have recovered from it (esp me) much quicker and cleaner than either shots 1 or 2!
The nasty looking, nasty feeling Covid arm red round spot (our oldest girl in the med field says she got one her 1st shot, but none after!) caused some concern but did fade out over the next couple of days.
I’d of course also by then looked the red spot up and evidently it’s not exactly an allergic reaction but actually a rash, potentially very serious if one gets real dizzy / itchy / or has difficulty breathing.
The CDC evidently has known this & the more serious allergic reactions and posted some good different IG information on a page from last year that’s apparently updated as needed. This is an excerpt re the rash, the kind Sheila & I got –
…some people have experienced a red, itchy, swollen, or painful rash where they got the shot. These rashes can start a few days to more than a week after the first shot and are sometimes quite large. These rashes are also known as “COVID arm.” If you experience “COVID arm” after getting the first shot, you should still get the second shot at the recommended interval if the vaccine you got needs a second shot. Tell your vaccination provider that you experienced a rash or “COVID arm” after the first shot. [ bold emphasis via CDC ]https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/allergic-reaction.html
I did take a pic of my own arm, and it was so scary, well, the way the wirey-ness of the hairs on my arm stood out, I almost decided not to post it, lol!
I only wish my camera would capture detail like this on my art work! 😏
Sheila’s arm looks lovely as ever again now a week later. Mine, wirey as ever, is no longer red, but doesn’t need a new pic posted, lol!
And yesterday, for the 1st time in a week, we felt up to venturing outdoors, to the shenanigans at Zilker Park! We had sun, we had sprinkles of rain, and we had the 8 year old with us after school 💕
Some things just take awhile to work out 😊 Stay well everyone! ♥️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “stay healthy” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- June 29, 2022 – Someone Very Glad to See Us Today!As per yesterday, still very exhausted feeling, but Sheila & I both beginning to also feel the move-fatigue to our new place is slowly being replaced by relief fatigue….
- June 28, 2022 – Record # of 100 Degree Days in June. Then it Rained….This evening ( Monday, June 27, 2022 ) here in Austin, we broke the all-time record for number of days 100 degrees or more – and – the clouds and rain and cooler air swept through and we dared open the blinds and step outside before 10 pm, lol!
- June 27, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyLast week my most viewed image on Fine Art America was an Austin sunset image ( circa 2017 ) and this week a recent 2021 early am summer shot, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” – an image I captured in the greenbelt on the Violet Crown trail 😊
- June 26, 2022 – Sending Me Memories : A Grandchild in #ParisI know that look, I know that stance, and I know that view 💕 Our youngest grandchild and his mom are spending a few days in Paris, and who can’t resist making a stop at the Louvre? I know Sheila and I couldn’t when we were there, lol!
- June 25, 2022 – Aging Gracefully : A Spot of Oasis in My Life From the Heat OutsideThough we again went out in the morning for chores, and held them down to groceries and some exercise, the heat finally got to me today.
- June 24, 2022 – Aging Gracefully : Doing Chores, Exercises, Eating Well and Hanging in There in 100+ Degree HeatIt’s a minute to ten, past my bedtime for all practical purposes, lol! But had to get this short post out so ya’ll will know us 70+ year olds ( wife & I ) are – so far – successfully pacing through a 2nd month of all time record high temps here in Austin.
- June 23, 2022 – El Marisquero Seafood – 1st Time Eating Outside in a Texas Summer in Decades! #FoodTruck #EastAustinThough I definitely can’t make it a habit, having a great tasting lunch break “outside” in the middle of the day in 100+ degree weather here in Austin was more than bearable – actually a pleasure!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊