Reblog, Veteran’s Day 2014 – Let Us Remember Why
I’ve added the info below, as my original 2014 Veteran’s Day post is quite short, though I did update it this week 😊
We know there have wars, in history and our lifetimes, that were just to profit a few; wars that lingered for much the same reason + maybe for one side or the other to keep power; and wars that to not fight would have meant the end of life as we knew it.
In our case, in America, that’s usually meant a greater sense of freedom of expression and peace of mind than most of the time in previous history.
But ultimately, the soldier – the individual woman or man holding a weapon or monitoring a computer screen or providing maintenance and support – it is the individual soldier without whom nothing much else would or could matter – whether profit or protection.
And it is to that reason we must carry forth to ensure our right to vote is both fair and universally accessible.
It is what we have fought for. The right to survive and determine our fate.
To the American solider – I thank you, and I salute you 🙏
Related post via The Brennen Center for Justice –
Key Differences Between the For the People Act and the Freedom to Vote Act
Thanks so much everyone! Staying the course of freedom for our country is staying brave —
It’s the least we owe ourselves and our children and all others we love dearly 💕
Thanks so much everyone!
Direct link to 2014 Veteran’s Day post in tweet above 🇺🇸
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “America” –
Direct link to “Revelations on the River: Healing a Nation, Healing Ourselves” at Amazon – https://amzn.to/3n4Y0bz
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- November 30, 2021 – My Idea for Promoting My WordPress Blog Posts on Twitter (With My Pinned Tweet), Part 4And so far, I’m very pleased with how it’s working. It’s saving me a bit of time, yet also keeping tweets going out promoting my more recent posts. I could probably do with slightly more frequently….
- November 29, 2021 – Fine Art America News : “Easy Morning” and “Walking in Light” Featured in Art Groups + Sold a “If Dads Were” Coffee CupBoth figures in the painting above and below are watercolors, though, Easy Morning is all watercolor on absorbent ground. Walking in Light’s paint, around the figure below, is acrylic; both the watercolor figure and remainder of my painting done on Golden’s Light Molding Paste. Golden has evidently been at improving acrylics a long time, as I learned in this post (with links to Golden’s article), and I can say that for me, working on their molding paste, in watercolor and acrylic, is a real treat!
- November 28, 2021 – My Most Viewed Image This Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Heart FragmentIf it was an amazing process to see older photos and artwork show up on my most viewed list last week (and it was 😊) then this batch is incredible! Work from so many years have shown up, and such a variety! It tells me, one can never quite tell what folks might be looking for day to day, week to week, and it’s nice for me to have the inventory assortment, “almost” a historical diary, of my work
- November 27, 2021 – LOL! I Don’t Like It, But I WANT It! : Preparing More Paintings and Applications for Places to Show and Sell!!I squashed together what I could to show a “fair” sampling of my work recently finished or in-progress right now. There’s more, tucked here and there among these, lol! And on another wall! I choose to consider that a good problem 😊 Seeing these together like tis, If I had to choose one thing tying them all together – the impressionist skews, the abstracted slants, the washes, the thick tones, the high key and (nearly) BW work – I’d say it’s….
- November 26, 2021 – Working on Paintings; In-Progress : 2 New Lay-ins ( “Heart Fragment” and “Approach” ) Based on Details from Two Existing PaintingsThis has been something I’ve toyed with and talked about for a bit now — finding / picking a detail fragment of an existing painting (or photo etc) from which to base new work on. And I shoulda caught on to how well this might work for me, in terms of creativity and viewership, with my success with a related project where I painted an abstracted detail from an existing painting to create a new related one. That happened with Abstract Study 1 shown at the bottom of this post.
- November 25, 2021 – Happy Thanksgiving 2021!!Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I’m posting the same header as last year, Norman Rockwell’s “Freedom From Want” oil on canvas from 1943, smack in the middle of the 2nd World War.
- November 24, 2021 – Working on Paintings; In-Progress : Valentines 2022, In-Progress Since Early October, lol!Not quite finished, but looking fairly good, especially considering back in early October I thought, “Yeah, I can finish this quick then save it for early next year.” Now, I’m thinking, really? Will I really finally get this finished by January next year, lol!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊