Well, I didn’t really “sneak” 3 additional works into my art audition at Art for the People Gallery here in Austin — but I did pack 3 extra pieces into my car & after they’d seen the 3 they’d asked to see, I asked them if they’d like to see some even newer work, basically blocks of color, with texture, that I had with me?
And they said yes!
The 3 they first asked to see ya’ll’ve seen on my art room walls lately –
Though the work on the easel and around it lower down has changed in the meantime, now looking like this —
Knowing this show & audition was coming up over the holidays, I held those 3 pieces on the wall. I’ll have much more on this once I deliver the work later this month.
Meanwhile, the 3 newer work is part of my Impressionist Abstract series I’ve shown and uploaded to Fine Art America recently, plus one I hadn’t uploaded yet.
Here’s the 2 I’ve uploaded to FAA —
The gallery chose the red color block, plus a blue one I haven’t upload yet; soon as I do I’ll do a post on it, soon I hope!
My plan is to paint the sides of them and I simply hadn’t gotten to doing 2 of them, the yellow and the blue, and the gallery folk’d requested some on-the-wall photo shots including side views with the sides painted.
Yes, I got very busy very quick 🙏 😊
My 71 year old body said, “Really? Now?”
And I said, “Yes, please. Would you like some dark chocolate?”
One has to learn how to deal gently with oneself sometimes ☺️ 🍫
Til I have more info, stay well everyone! I’ll post more as it all develops!
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- June 29, 2022 – Someone Very Glad to See Us Today!As per yesterday, still very exhausted feeling, but Sheila & I both beginning to also feel the move-fatigue to our new place is slowly being replaced by relief fatigue….
- June 28, 2022 – Record # of 100 Degree Days in June. Then it Rained….This evening ( Monday, June 27, 2022 ) here in Austin, we broke the all-time record for number of days 100 degrees or more – and – the clouds and rain and cooler air swept through and we dared open the blinds and step outside before 10 pm, lol!
- June 27, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyLast week my most viewed image on Fine Art America was an Austin sunset image ( circa 2017 ) and this week a recent 2021 early am summer shot, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” – an image I captured in the greenbelt on the Violet Crown trail 😊
- June 26, 2022 – Sending Me Memories : A Grandchild in #ParisI know that look, I know that stance, and I know that view 💕 Our youngest grandchild and his mom are spending a few days in Paris, and who can’t resist making a stop at the Louvre? I know Sheila and I couldn’t when we were there, lol!
- June 25, 2022 – Aging Gracefully : A Spot of Oasis in My Life From the Heat OutsideThough we again went out in the morning for chores, and held them down to groceries and some exercise, the heat finally got to me today.
- June 24, 2022 – Aging Gracefully : Doing Chores, Exercises, Eating Well and Hanging in There in 100+ Degree HeatIt’s a minute to ten, past my bedtime for all practical purposes, lol! But had to get this short post out so ya’ll will know us 70+ year olds ( wife & I ) are – so far – successfully pacing through a 2nd month of all time record high temps here in Austin.
- June 23, 2022 – El Marisquero Seafood – 1st Time Eating Outside in a Texas Summer in Decades! #FoodTruck #EastAustinThough I definitely can’t make it a habit, having a great tasting lunch break “outside” in the middle of the day in 100+ degree weather here in Austin was more than bearable – actually a pleasure!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊