Posting new updates to top of post —
7:10 pm – all went well today in terms of our heat, electricity etc & I’m very grateful our Texas energy grid held ( other than, I believe, some scattered outages ). I saw a brief stmt saying we used nearly as much power as last year’s storm, but also had a decent surplus still available.
My question though is, if I’m understanding correctly, that areas such as Houston or Galveston, and I’d presume the Valley, like Brownsville and such, did not go significantly or for an extended time below freezing, what percent of last year’s power usage would that have used?
And from there, how close – if at all – would we have been to over-taxing our power grid?
I don’t know. But it’d be good for all of us to know I think.
Beyond that, grateful that, so far, we’ve been able to keep warm and have running water 🙏 ❤️
7:48 am – still have power, and internet; news showing huge # of wrecks and big trees down, temps in low 20s; this being “a” winter storm vs 5 last year is sure helping though; keeping our fingers crossed, facets dripping, and keeping the coffee warm ☕️ 😊
I’ll continue updating as able and / or needed with newest info stacked to the top of this initial post today. Not planning to join others going out on the ice caked roads, that’s for sure, lol!
Stay safe everyone,
ps – did get some painting in yesterday evening; here’s a look at my newest color field 12×24 block using burnt sienna 👩🎨 😊 🎨
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 01, 2023 – Happy New Year! : My Most Viewed Image the Last Week of 2022 @FineArtAmerica, Little Steps PosterA wonderfully fitting image as my most viewed this past week, the last week, of 2022 – Little Steps, my poster version ❤️ 🙏 ☺️
- December 18, 2022 – 1st Return Appearance Since Spring : My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Blue with Gold Twilight – #PanoramaOcean waves of blue fill our skies and seas, cascading sighs and whispers of inspiration with each breath.
- December 11, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyMorning Light Poster also recently sold at the Old Bakery and Emporium 🙏😌
- December 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Costa Rica Sunset Panorama” : circa 2017I almost skipped even posting about it, but at 4x the views of the nearest most viewed of my images, I needed to drag myself out of my whatever-it-is recent posting stagnation, lol!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
Thanks again, everyone! 😊