Posting new updates to top of post —
7:10 pm – all went well today in terms of our heat, electricity etc & I’m very grateful our Texas energy grid held ( other than, I believe, some scattered outages ). I saw a brief stmt saying we used nearly as much power as last year’s storm, but also had a decent surplus still available.
My question though is, if I’m understanding correctly, that areas such as Houston or Galveston, and I’d presume the Valley, like Brownsville and such, did not go significantly or for an extended time below freezing, what percent of last year’s power usage would that have used?
And from there, how close – if at all – would we have been to over-taxing our power grid?
I don’t know. But it’d be good for all of us to know I think.
Beyond that, grateful that, so far, we’ve been able to keep warm and have running water 🙏 ❤️
7:48 am – still have power, and internet; news showing huge # of wrecks and big trees down, temps in low 20s; this being “a” winter storm vs 5 last year is sure helping though; keeping our fingers crossed, facets dripping, and keeping the coffee warm ☕️ 😊
I’ll continue updating as able and / or needed with newest info stacked to the top of this initial post today. Not planning to join others going out on the ice caked roads, that’s for sure, lol!
Stay safe everyone,
ps – did get some painting in yesterday evening; here’s a look at my newest color field 12×24 block using burnt sienna 👩🎨 😊 🎨
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 17, 2022 – I Have a Lot of Happenings ( art & personal ) This Week, But Still Finding Moments To Start a New Painting : Morning’s PromiseIt’s nice to dance the surface of my canvas as needed. And able ☺️ And right now, a light step, at an easy pace, may give me the time – and energy – to get more than a handful of other needed things also done this week. Not a bad compromise. For now 😊
- May 16, 2022 – New Diptych : “Freedom” Almost Finished, Panels Need Signing ( front & back )And what I’ve come across figuring out how to make prints of this that folks can work with, ie, close to or within standard size dimensions, was how to get a 22×28 image convert into – in 2 examples – an 8×10 or 12×18, and I came up with this as a starting prototype….
- May 15, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Spring Rising”I’d done a lot of deep or darker night-like paintings for a bit, so it felt pretty nice to lighten up my palette for awhile. Working back & forth, from the two approaches – playing the potential good from both approaches seems to suit my Libra middle, lol!
- May 14, 2022 – My 1st Classical Stretch Workout with Miranda Esmonde-White ( via YouTube ) in Many Months!Though similar to SilverSneakers’ classes, Miranda’s classes focus largely on making the fascia network in our bodies more fluid. Some movements are very similar, but more extended, dance-like, reflecting Miranda’s ballerina and dance background!
- May 13, 2022 – “Angel” in AVAA’s 1st Austin Art Space Gallery and Studio Group Show in a Long Time!Just a very quick post to announce that my 18×24 inch acrylic on stretched canvas, Angel – has been accepted into Austin Visual Arts Association’s ( AVAA) 1st group show since ( I believe ) the pandemic. Definitely been a long time coming and feels great to be able to be showing with this long time Austin art association again! 😊
- May 12, 2022 – Updated My #Twitter Header Image and Pinned TweetThough Twitter’s future is up in the air, or ether, or virtual landscape; and my own “footprint” there and social media in general is micro-whatever, lol! — it’s still my micro existence, and I want to care for it best I can 😊
- May 11, 2022 – Reblog / Review : Joan Mitchell, “I carry my landscapes around with me” – #Polyptychs…my reading of Joan Mitchell’s work – while often including much of that same connection, speaks more directly to me about the impact of the canvas before me in that process. Especially most specifically in regard to Joan’s work with multi-panel / multi-canvas works of art – ie, polyptychs!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊