I’ve had a PhotoPoems / Photo Poems series of posts seems since near when I 1st started my blog, and was tempted to call this verse, for Angel, a PhotoPoem also.
But even though I’ve a few posts tying poem and art work together, I don’t think that would be in the spirit of the thought behind the poems anymore. An art poem, I feel instinctively, is particular to the type of image – painted art, which for me is a more internally generated final image.
Pink with Maroon Landscape and Bird is a rare painted-in-one-go art work. There was nothing I felt I could add, including fill in the upper 2/3s right.
I saw the mountain-like peak in the middle top right away, then the bird’s head to its right. Then gradually, I began to see the wing spread – 1st the wing to the right, detached in style and coloring from the majority of the painting, then finally, suddenly how the pink & white tipped mountain peak could also be the bird’s left wing. I guess one can plan such an outcome, but I sure didn’t, lol!
This small painting, 10×20 inch acrylic on canvas, is also soon appearing with 2 other selections of mine in Austin’s Creative Arts Society’s 2022 Spring Online Market. I hope to have a post on that once it’s up and running ( early March I believe ). All works by the many Austin area artists represented have committed and agreed to ship any work sold ( if not local ) within the Continental US free 😊
I’ve no time-pattern for these image/verse combinations of mine, sometimes running close together, other times, like this time round, with quite a bit a space between; I hope you’ll enjoy —
The Wings of Life Form From the Sky From the cooling of the molten ball of rock and gas of Earth our souls have chosen to spring from - I must have been among the waves of gases released high above our spinning planet - the first seeds of sentiment springing forth. Our souls spread slowly strongly sensuously among the currents, catching bits of light, gusts, and each other's glances as we gained awareness of each other, finding ourselves together, aloft, tiny feet curled underneath our wide wings. The first flocks were our first friends. When we lost a friend, we gathered tighter. Together we felt stronger. Alone, we knew not where we were... Together It didn't matter so much.... ©Felipe Adan Lerma
I didn’t grow up during any of the World Wars, but I did grow up in a very hot Cold War, which has, defying sanity, heated up again. Life will continue with or without us. It’s us who can choose, collectively, to survive and prosper, or perish. So far..we’ve chosen the former, or fought for it to be so. Please remember than when it’s time to vote later this year. I’m just gonna assume we make it that far. Defeat is not an option. It’ll have to happen despite us…
Stay well everyone! And remember, among our many options, voting is one….
My series of PhotoPoem posts –
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 17, 2022 – I Have a Lot of Happenings ( art & personal ) This Week, But Still Finding Moments To Start a New Painting : Morning’s PromiseIt’s nice to dance the surface of my canvas as needed. And able ☺️ And right now, a light step, at an easy pace, may give me the time – and energy – to get more than a handful of other needed things also done this week. Not a bad compromise. For now 😊
- May 16, 2022 – New Diptych : “Freedom” Almost Finished, Panels Need Signing ( front & back )And what I’ve come across figuring out how to make prints of this that folks can work with, ie, close to or within standard size dimensions, was how to get a 22×28 image convert into – in 2 examples – an 8×10 or 12×18, and I came up with this as a starting prototype….
- May 15, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Spring Rising”I’d done a lot of deep or darker night-like paintings for a bit, so it felt pretty nice to lighten up my palette for awhile. Working back & forth, from the two approaches – playing the potential good from both approaches seems to suit my Libra middle, lol!
- May 14, 2022 – My 1st Classical Stretch Workout with Miranda Esmonde-White ( via YouTube ) in Many Months!Though similar to SilverSneakers’ classes, Miranda’s classes focus largely on making the fascia network in our bodies more fluid. Some movements are very similar, but more extended, dance-like, reflecting Miranda’s ballerina and dance background!
- May 13, 2022 – “Angel” in AVAA’s 1st Austin Art Space Gallery and Studio Group Show in a Long Time!Just a very quick post to announce that my 18×24 inch acrylic on stretched canvas, Angel – has been accepted into Austin Visual Arts Association’s ( AVAA) 1st group show since ( I believe ) the pandemic. Definitely been a long time coming and feels great to be able to be showing with this long time Austin art association again! 😊
- May 12, 2022 – Updated My #Twitter Header Image and Pinned TweetThough Twitter’s future is up in the air, or ether, or virtual landscape; and my own “footprint” there and social media in general is micro-whatever, lol! — it’s still my micro existence, and I want to care for it best I can 😊
- May 11, 2022 – Reblog / Review : Joan Mitchell, “I carry my landscapes around with me” – #Polyptychs…my reading of Joan Mitchell’s work – while often including much of that same connection, speaks more directly to me about the impact of the canvas before me in that process. Especially most specifically in regard to Joan’s work with multi-panel / multi-canvas works of art – ie, polyptychs!