I’ve had a PhotoPoems / Photo Poems series of posts seems since near when I 1st started my blog, and was tempted to call this verse, for Angel, a PhotoPoem also.
But even though I’ve a few posts tying poem and art work together, I don’t think that would be in the spirit of the thought behind the poems anymore. An art poem, I feel instinctively, is particular to the type of image – painted art, which for me is a more internally generated final image.
Blue with Gold Twilight,
This small painting, 10×20 inch acrylic on canvas, is now appearing with 2 other selections of mine in Austin’s Creative Arts Society’s 2022 Spring Online Market. All the art works are by the many Austin area artists represented who have committed and agreed to ship any work sold ( if not local ) within the Continental US free! 😊
I’ve no time-pattern for these image/verse combinations of mine, sometimes running close together, other times, like this time round, with quite a bit a space between; I hope you’ll enjoy —
Dome of Light Amid the waves of gold speckled blues cresting foam and dancing white - Amid the rolls of turning rolling heart beats from the our ocean's depths of longings to feel our connections - A dome rises. Glistening with smeared ragged edges it rises white against the depths surrounding it. It seeks to be itself. It seeks to glisten with gold castoff from its heart pulsing with the waves. It seeks to rise remaining connected to the birthing waves. It only asks to be held in remembrance. In colors. Sounds. Rolling round Earth's first sighs. Earth's first sight of us.... ©Felipe Adan Lerma
We, people, are the 1st we know of with the power to destroy from whence our very bodies and nourishment for those bodies come from.
We may be souls. I pray we are. We may be spirits. I dream we are. But it’s hard for me to believe those souls and spirits in us want to destroy the bodies, the vehicles, we express ourselves through 🙏 💕
Stay well everyone! Gotta hope and expect good things! 😊
My series of PhotoPoem posts –
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 17, 2022 – I Have a Lot of Happenings ( art & personal ) This Week, But Still Finding Moments To Start a New Painting : Morning’s PromiseIt’s nice to dance the surface of my canvas as needed. And able ☺️ And right now, a light step, at an easy pace, may give me the time – and energy – to get more than a handful of other needed things also done this week. Not a bad compromise. For now 😊
- May 16, 2022 – New Diptych : “Freedom” Almost Finished, Panels Need Signing ( front & back )And what I’ve come across figuring out how to make prints of this that folks can work with, ie, close to or within standard size dimensions, was how to get a 22×28 image convert into – in 2 examples – an 8×10 or 12×18, and I came up with this as a starting prototype….
- May 15, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Spring Rising”I’d done a lot of deep or darker night-like paintings for a bit, so it felt pretty nice to lighten up my palette for awhile. Working back & forth, from the two approaches – playing the potential good from both approaches seems to suit my Libra middle, lol!
- May 14, 2022 – My 1st Classical Stretch Workout with Miranda Esmonde-White ( via YouTube ) in Many Months!Though similar to SilverSneakers’ classes, Miranda’s classes focus largely on making the fascia network in our bodies more fluid. Some movements are very similar, but more extended, dance-like, reflecting Miranda’s ballerina and dance background!
- May 13, 2022 – “Angel” in AVAA’s 1st Austin Art Space Gallery and Studio Group Show in a Long Time!Just a very quick post to announce that my 18×24 inch acrylic on stretched canvas, Angel – has been accepted into Austin Visual Arts Association’s ( AVAA) 1st group show since ( I believe ) the pandemic. Definitely been a long time coming and feels great to be able to be showing with this long time Austin art association again! 😊
- May 12, 2022 – Updated My #Twitter Header Image and Pinned TweetThough Twitter’s future is up in the air, or ether, or virtual landscape; and my own “footprint” there and social media in general is micro-whatever, lol! — it’s still my micro existence, and I want to care for it best I can 😊
- May 11, 2022 – Reblog / Review : Joan Mitchell, “I carry my landscapes around with me” – #Polyptychs…my reading of Joan Mitchell’s work – while often including much of that same connection, speaks more directly to me about the impact of the canvas before me in that process. Especially most specifically in regard to Joan’s work with multi-panel / multi-canvas works of art – ie, polyptychs!