Don’t know how much more I’ll get done on this tomorrow ( Tue, April 29, 2022 ) as I’m preparing a handful or more of audition paintings for a newly opened gallery just west of Austin, ie, wiring, signing, framing ( some ) etc – I’ll have more on the potential new place to show once I get to meet the owner etc mid-week 🤞 😊
Meanwhile, about this new in-progress work :
It’s tentatively titled Dawn, or Desire at Dawn – if I figure out how to work in some red or pink in a way I’d like, with the feeling of the beginnings of something, like embers; maybe suggestive of those kindling moments before one is fully aware – then all too aware! – that something good is happening, lol!
The deep Prussian blues and Mars black, with touches of dark turquoise, are nearly where I want them, so inserting vestiges of pinks or red in the right places might be very tricky. There’s some white areas I’d hate to ruin.
It’s said one shouldn’t let any one painting or portion of one become so “precious” one is frozen from moving on with more creative work on that piece.
True. But – I also need to know when to stop, when to preserve areas I want to be there.
Here’s a detail shot look ( which despite using a larger palette knife, I’m still seeing where a small segment of the total work, if the details were full size by themself, on a larger canvas, might be really interesting! I’m determined to still see myself have this happen ☺️ ) —
So, bottomline, as usual, is – we’ll see! ❤️
Stay well everyone! 💕
Where You Can See & Buy My Art 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 21, 2022 – Sheila & I Are Attending 2 Gallery Openings Today! #PrimalGalleryDS #AustinArtSpaceSheila and I are off to a busy fun art-openings day that include some of my art at two local galleries today – AVAA’s Austin Art Space, and Primal Gallery in nearby Dripping Springs!
- May 20, 2022 – Will My New #Austin #Photography Poster, Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Join My Austin Pink Sunset Photo and Lou Neff Digital Art Poster in Sales?The question itself, whether Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt will match or join my currently selling best prints, is a question more of hope and companionship for my image of a truly usually bright spot in Austin, the system of greenbelts preserving the water that makes living here even possible ❤️
- May 19, 2022 – Hardest / Best Part of My Strength Class Recently – Releasing Myself a SmileIt’s nearing 8pm and I’m trying to apply an exercise lesson our online SilverSneakers instructor, Michelle, brought up a few times today – smile 😊
- May 18, 2022 – Places In or Near Austin Texas You Can See and Buy My Prints ( Art and Photography ) #PrimalGallery #OldBakery&EmporiumPrints have consistently out-sold my originals if for no other reasons than they are less expensive and usually have more items to choose from. Not bad reasons at all 😊 What I want to do now though is, begin to –
- May 17, 2022 – I Have a Lot of Happenings ( art & personal ) This Week, But Still Finding Moments To Start a New Painting : Morning’s PromiseIt’s nice to dance the surface of my canvas as needed. And able ☺️ And right now, a light step, at an easy pace, may give me the time – and energy – to get more than a handful of other needed things also done this week. Not a bad compromise. For now 😊
- May 16, 2022 – New Diptych : “Freedom” Almost Finished, Panels Need Signing ( front & back )And what I’ve come across figuring out how to make prints of this that folks can work with, ie, close to or within standard size dimensions, was how to get a 22×28 image convert into – in 2 examples – an 8×10 or 12×18, and I came up with this as a starting prototype….
- May 15, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Spring Rising”I’d done a lot of deep or darker night-like paintings for a bit, so it felt pretty nice to lighten up my palette for awhile. Working back & forth, from the two approaches – playing the potential good from both approaches seems to suit my Libra middle, lol!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊