Don’t know how much more I’ll get done on this tomorrow ( Tue, April 29, 2022 ) as I’m preparing a handful or more of audition paintings for a newly opened gallery just west of Austin, ie, wiring, signing, framing ( some ) etc – I’ll have more on the potential new place to show once I get to meet the owner etc mid-week 🤞 😊
Meanwhile, about this new in-progress work :
It’s tentatively titled Dawn, or Desire at Dawn – if I figure out how to work in some red or pink in a way I’d like, with the feeling of the beginnings of something, like embers; maybe suggestive of those kindling moments before one is fully aware – then all too aware! – that something good is happening, lol!
The deep Prussian blues and Mars black, with touches of dark turquoise, are nearly where I want them, so inserting vestiges of pinks or red in the right places might be very tricky. There’s some white areas I’d hate to ruin.
It’s said one shouldn’t let any one painting or portion of one become so “precious” one is frozen from moving on with more creative work on that piece.
True. But – I also need to know when to stop, when to preserve areas I want to be there.
Here’s a detail shot look ( which despite using a larger palette knife, I’m still seeing where a small segment of the total work, if the details were full size by themself, on a larger canvas, might be really interesting! I’m determined to still see myself have this happen ☺️ ) —
So, bottomline, as usual, is – we’ll see! ❤️
Stay well everyone! 💕
See & Buy My Art 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 01, 2023 – Happy New Year! : My Most Viewed Image the Last Week of 2022 @FineArtAmerica, Little Steps PosterA wonderfully fitting image as my most viewed this past week, the last week, of 2022 – Little Steps, my poster version ❤️ 🙏 ☺️
- December 18, 2022 – 1st Return Appearance Since Spring : My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Blue with Gold Twilight – #PanoramaOcean waves of blue fill our skies and seas, cascading sighs and whispers of inspiration with each breath.
- December 11, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyMorning Light Poster also recently sold at the Old Bakery and Emporium 🙏😌
- December 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Costa Rica Sunset Panorama” : circa 2017I almost skipped even posting about it, but at 4x the views of the nearest most viewed of my images, I needed to drag myself out of my whatever-it-is recent posting stagnation, lol!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
Thanks again, everyone! 😊