Literally days of bits and pieces sandwiched round one morning’s 2 hour stretch, Morning’s Promise has come to be a way out for me from my deadening sense of helplessness back into action against the violence even our most vulnerable – our nation’s children – are being battered with now.
There is a persistence in hope, and if we are to live a life worth living, it seems we must persist, we must hope – and – we must act.
Besides calling out the atrocious – the most vile of behavior around us — we must also breathe out, in any manner best for us, what it is we persist for, hope for, long for – need….
For me, I want for all of us a more beautiful life – meaning the clean air, healthy food and time – time enough to truly taste being alive, especially with those we love.
Morning’s Promise spoke to me before the most recent ( #Uvalde ) awful mass shooting happened, but very shortly after the one before it ( #BuffaloNY ).
I didn’t know, when I began this work, exactly how or where it would go. It had to organically go through it’s own path of discovery. But I knew from the beginning it needed to be sensuous yet strong, of both the earth and sky. And feel beautiful to me, even if not traditionally so.
Appropriately though, Morning’s Promise is both watercolor and acrylic.
It’s getting there. In little patches of time. Much like healing 💕
Voting, in our democracy, is the purest form of expression.
Dissenting, affirming, protesting –
– all flow through the form of the ballot, not, the bullet…
Stay well everyone – for oneself, and for those who need us most..the children….
See & Buy My Art 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- July 02, 2022 – #CrescentMoon at Sunset, Austin TexasI hoped, in yesterday’s post, I might be able to post this sunset off our balcony – a crescent moon floating above the sea of crimson orange air – and am so glad I could 🙏
- July 01, 2022 – Our First Pigeon at Our New Place Shows Up for Food, Atop Our New Ivy ScreenSheila and I’ve gotten to experience several 1st’s since moving into The LadyBird here in Austin, so it was specially nice when two 1st’s joined to make a memorable image through our window –
- June 30, 2022 – My Art and Prints on Special Sale At Primal Gallery 4th of July Weekend!Primal Gallery 4th of July sale! Including both my art work and posters 😊
- June 29, 2022 – Someone Very Glad to See Us Today!As per yesterday, still very exhausted feeling, but Sheila & I both beginning to also feel the move-fatigue to our new place is slowly being replaced by relief fatigue….
- June 28, 2022 – Record # of 100 Degree Days in June. Then it Rained….This evening ( Monday, June 27, 2022 ) here in Austin, we broke the all-time record for number of days 100 degrees or more – and – the clouds and rain and cooler air swept through and we dared open the blinds and step outside before 10 pm, lol!
- June 27, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyLast week my most viewed image on Fine Art America was an Austin sunset image ( circa 2017 ) and this week a recent 2021 early am summer shot, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” – an image I captured in the greenbelt on the Violet Crown trail 😊
- June 26, 2022 – Sending Me Memories : A Grandchild in #ParisI know that look, I know that stance, and I know that view 💕 Our youngest grandchild and his mom are spending a few days in Paris, and who can’t resist making a stop at the Louvre? I know Sheila and I couldn’t when we were there, lol!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊