External paint-treatment —
A different kind of textural experiment for me, as most the painting’s pigments were laid in with generous amounts of either transparent white acrylic, heavy matte gel acrylic or both. With sprinkles of marble dust here and there 😊
Once I’ve signed both panels front and back, adding additional info on the back of each, I’ll upload and present a cleaner clearer rendition.
Typically, or I should say recently, ie, from late last year to now, I like also adding generous amount of either light or regular molding paste, and building very thick, very often very opaque layers.
Morning’s Promise has much thinner, much more transparent layering, though texture still “happens” & if I like what happens, I leave it vs brushing or palette knifing it flat. Then, when I apply the next layer, also with transparent white and heavy matte gel medium mixed into the paint, the new layer scumbles the previous textured areas, creating tonal differences across close passages of otherwise similar colors.
And there’s a touch of line art 😊
Internal painting reflection —
Lately, except for one 2 hours sessions a fews days back, all my sessions, especially with Morning’s Promise, have been relatively short – 10 to 15 or maybe 20 minutes, with lots of looking and contemplation in-between.
The world’s – ie, the human world’s – seeming willingness to destroy itself, or major portions of itself sits heavy on me between sessions. #Ukraine, #Uvalde, #BuffaloNY, voter intimidations, climate change, hate. Yet also always present, is my wife and I’s love not only for each other, but our grandchildren and children. For our friends, here in Texas and far away in other states. Even folks we know together or separately on social media. Assuming they’re not bots, lol!
But we know who we know online pretty well, if they haven’t been hacked 😂
Our exercising saves us. Our interests in being alive save us.
Our humor humanizes us….
And painting, painting is that rare activity for me that merges all that, combining all the bad and good of the world – and it’s in quite an in-your-face battle now – with all my usually quiet interior world – which wants & needs to be okay to be sad right now….
All of which, results in this –
Morning’s Promise presents more than a hint of the resting ridge of a female figure, immersed in and surrounded by and yet buoyed by the existence of earth and sky around her.
I hadn’t intended to, figuring I didn’t have enough time or energy, but wallah! Here’s a sorta detail shot, the coloring a bit more evident, as well as the figure —
There’s genuine merited hope there I think, encased and immersed in the world, being part of the world to begin with. It’s what I feel, it’s what I pray for, it’s what I work for 💕
Thanks so much everyone!!!
Voting, in our democracy, is the purest form of expression.
Dissenting, affirming, protesting –
– all flow through the form of the ballot, not, the bullet…
Stay well everyone – for oneself, and for those who need us most..the children….
See & Buy My Art 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- July 01, 2022 – Our First Pigeon at Our New Place Shows Up for Food, Atop Our New Ivy ScreenSheila and I’ve gotten to experience several 1st’s since moving into The LadyBird here in Austin, so it was specially nice when two 1st’s joined to make a memorable image through our window –
- June 30, 2022 – My Art and Prints on Special Sale At Primal Gallery 4th of July Weekend!Primal Gallery 4th of July sale! Including both my art work and posters 😊
- June 29, 2022 – Someone Very Glad to See Us Today!As per yesterday, still very exhausted feeling, but Sheila & I both beginning to also feel the move-fatigue to our new place is slowly being replaced by relief fatigue….
- June 28, 2022 – Record # of 100 Degree Days in June. Then it Rained….This evening ( Monday, June 27, 2022 ) here in Austin, we broke the all-time record for number of days 100 degrees or more – and – the clouds and rain and cooler air swept through and we dared open the blinds and step outside before 10 pm, lol!
- June 27, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyLast week my most viewed image on Fine Art America was an Austin sunset image ( circa 2017 ) and this week a recent 2021 early am summer shot, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” – an image I captured in the greenbelt on the Violet Crown trail 😊
- June 26, 2022 – Sending Me Memories : A Grandchild in #ParisI know that look, I know that stance, and I know that view 💕 Our youngest grandchild and his mom are spending a few days in Paris, and who can’t resist making a stop at the Louvre? I know Sheila and I couldn’t when we were there, lol!
- June 25, 2022 – Aging Gracefully : A Spot of Oasis in My Life From the Heat OutsideThough we again went out in the morning for chores, and held them down to groceries and some exercise, the heat finally got to me today.
Thanks again, everyone! 😊