That I’m running late with today’s blog post is a bit of an understatement, it being 1/2 past 11 and nearly Wednesday! But Sheila and I stayed up late a bit, enjoying peeks of fireworks and seeing folks enjoying being able to ( mostly, but not everywhere : Chicago parade shooting ) be out – the 100 degree heat having cooled into the low 90s with a slow steady southerly breeze carrying our worries about our country away – for a bit anyways ❤️
So then this morning ( the 5th of July ) we overslept, did go for a walk along the lake nearby, then spent the day into the breaking hours of the afternoon fulfilling chores like groceries and such. Then the rest of the day passed, with exercise sets, a small but healthy lunch and, later, an even smaller but as healthy a supper snack with fresh cantaloupe, cheeses and slices of ham and turkey.
No art work today, though I have managed to work up to an every-other-day rhythm, and I’m liking the combo figure / watercolor / acrylic medium work that’s developing. Maybe a good post for tomorrow ( Wed, the 6th? ) Hopefully 😊
Meanwhile, here’s a still image of the fireworks reflecting off – seen through the trees between our balcony and the city – the Frost Tower. Something I loved painting and photographing a decade and a half back when it was 1st “a thing” and more visible than it is now, lol! Actually, even buried among the taller buildings, it still shows up one way or the other ☺️
True, I shoulda used a tripod on both the video & still shot – but I had no idea what to expect, what I’d see, or if I’d like anything I captured — very much like my painting process, very much like life I think 😊
I’ll simply take it as a sign of good things to come 🙏 💕
Voting, in our democracy, is the purest form of expression.
Dissenting, affirming, protesting –
– all flow through the form of the ballot, not, the bullet…
Stay well everyone – for oneself, and for those who need us most..the children….
See & Buy My Art 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- August 19, 2022 – “Fantasy Walk” and “Walking in Light” in New Juried Art Show at Inspired Mind Art Center!The show overall has a great selection! Here’s a small sampling, with photos of the show from fellow Austin artist, Leslie Kell
- August 18, 2022 – #Inflation or #Deflation or Any One Nation : #ClimageChange Doesn’t Seem to Care…It’s Pervasively Here Now….It’s rare lately I post a second post the same day, but the news about the climate we all live within and depend on, is pervasive, even appearing on our local Austin Fox News news-scroll!
- August 18, 2022 – A Beginner’s View : Inflation, the Economy, Climate, Clean Energy, Health etc, How Are They Related in Our Current Everyday Lives? – An On-Going Inquiry, Part 2..life, unpredictable, full of both pleasant and difficult surprises – plus easy, and not so easy choices. That’s what the articles I’ve been reading also seem to reflect….
- August 17, 2022 – A Beginner’s View : Inflation, the Economy, Climate, Clean Energy, Health etc, How Are They Related in Our Current Everyday Lives? – An On-Going Inquiry, Part 1I’ve no idea how long this series on climate etc will run, but I need some kind of framework to place pieces of information together that are helping me understand the rapidly changing potentially deteriorating world we live in.
- August 16, 2022 – Me, 1st Full Day Without a Beard for “Awhile”Sheila patiently re-posed me for a re-take of my no-beard pic today….
- August 15, 2022 – Me, Last Day With a Beard for “Awhile”A very quick post this evening – had my pre-op appt with my surgeon for a slew of breathing related fixes he and my my ENT dr / surgeon will do together..and this is me with my several-years long beard I’ve sported 😊
- August 14, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Time at the Musee d’Orsay” : circa 2012I would hope Sheila and I get to make at least one more wonderful extended trip to Paris 🙏 ❤️ 🇫🇷
Thanks again, everyone! 😊