That I’m running late with today’s blog post is a bit of an understatement, it being 1/2 past 11 and nearly Wednesday! But Sheila and I stayed up late a bit, enjoying peeks of fireworks and seeing folks enjoying being able to ( mostly, but not everywhere : Chicago parade shooting ) be out – the 100 degree heat having cooled into the low 90s with a slow steady southerly breeze carrying our worries about our country away – for a bit anyways ❤️
So then this morning ( the 5th of July ) we overslept, did go for a walk along the lake nearby, then spent the day into the breaking hours of the afternoon fulfilling chores like groceries and such. Then the rest of the day passed, with exercise sets, a small but healthy lunch and, later, an even smaller but as healthy a supper snack with fresh cantaloupe, cheeses and slices of ham and turkey.
No art work today, though I have managed to work up to an every-other-day rhythm, and I’m liking the combo figure / watercolor / acrylic medium work that’s developing. Maybe a good post for tomorrow ( Wed, the 6th? ) Hopefully 😊
Meanwhile, here’s a still image of the fireworks reflecting off – seen through the trees between our balcony and the city – the Frost Tower. Something I loved painting and photographing a decade and a half back when it was 1st “a thing” and more visible than it is now, lol! Actually, even buried among the taller buildings, it still shows up one way or the other ☺️
True, I shoulda used a tripod on both the video & still shot – but I had no idea what to expect, what I’d see, or if I’d like anything I captured — very much like my painting process, very much like life I think 😊
I’ll simply take it as a sign of good things to come 🙏 💕
I support passage of The Voting Rights Act 🙏❤️😊Adan
Voting, in our democracy, is the purest form of expression.
Dissenting, affirming, protesting –
– all flow through the form of the ballot, not, the bullet…
Stay well everyone – for oneself, and for those who need us most..the children….
See & Buy My Art 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 01, 2023 – Happy New Year! : My Most Viewed Image the Last Week of 2022 @FineArtAmerica, Little Steps PosterA wonderfully fitting image as my most viewed this past week, the last week, of 2022 – Little Steps, my poster version ❤️ 🙏 ☺️
- December 18, 2022 – 1st Return Appearance Since Spring : My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Blue with Gold Twilight – #PanoramaOcean waves of blue fill our skies and seas, cascading sighs and whispers of inspiration with each breath.
- December 11, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyMorning Light Poster also recently sold at the Old Bakery and Emporium 🙏😌
- December 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Costa Rica Sunset Panorama” : circa 2017I almost skipped even posting about it, but at 4x the views of the nearest most viewed of my images, I needed to drag myself out of my whatever-it-is recent posting stagnation, lol!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA, Pixels) – https://felipeadan-lerma.pixels.com/
How nice to see the fireworks right from your balcony! I long ago quit going out in the crowds to see them, not worth it these days! 😉
LikeLiked by 1 person
Know what you mean! We were really glad to stay home for this one, lol! It’s been so dry too the city just used sparkler rockets; not as fancy but a whole lot safer! 😊