It’s rare one legislative act can encompass so much of what it seems a vast majority of us folks here the US really care about, but it appears it may happen!
Any elected Democrat opposing this, when so many varied groups – from the whole spectrum of so called centrists to so called left and even some from the so called right – support this bill, would probably receive a black eye full of overtime coverage from nearly every news outlet in the country!
Below, in about 2 minutes, Joe outlines what this bill can mean for us. For me it was easiest seeing / hearing him via the short clip in the tweet. The Bloomberg link has a pay wall, and I’ve already read my full share of the free articles, lol!
Vox though, also has a really nicely laid out article, one whose title caught my eye :
What’s in the “game changer” climate bill nobody saw coming, at –
Here’s a sample —
If the bill’s policies work as intended, it would push American consumers and industry away from reliance on fossil fuels, penalize fossil fuel companies for excess emissions of methane, and inject needed funds into pollution cleanup.https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2022/7/28/23281757/whats-in-climate-bill-inflation-reduction-act
The bill would use tax credits to incentivize consumers to buy electric cars, electric HVAC systems, and other forms of cleaner technology that would lead to less emissions from cars and electricity generation, and includes incentives for companies to manufacture that technology in the United States. It also includes money for a host of other climate priorities, like investing in forest and coastal restoration and in resilient agriculture.
I hope you’ll give Vox’s article a look. It’s comprehensive yet I also better understood the breadth of the bill enough to understand its balance and depth and why such diverse groups are supporting this.
Here’s the list of the headings and sub-heading in Vox’s article —
- Most of the Inflation Reduction Act’s investments target climate change
- Clean energy and electric vehicles:
- Fossil fuels:
- Pollution reduction and environmental justice:
- Industrial pollution:
- Domestic manufacturing of clean energy:
- The bigger picture for US climate action
And now, I’ll leave you at nearly 10pm ( again 😊 ) with these two tweets —
The 1st is of Joe Manchin redeeming himself 🙏
And the other is a simple but powerful reminder via Richard Bernabe of the utter beauty of our world ❤️
Earth is our neighborhood now – let’s preserve it… ☺️ 💕
Stay well everyone! ❤️
Voting, in our democracy, is the purest form of expression.
Dissenting, affirming, protesting –
– all flow through the form of the ballot, not, the bullet…
Stay well everyone – for oneself, and for those who need us most..the children….
See & Buy My Art 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- August 11, 2022 – Aging Gracefully, Riding the Tide of a Busy DayHad wanted to write about a well-deserved much-needed Go Fund Me for a gallery I’m showing in ( Primal Gallery ), but….
- August 10, 2022 – A Beginner’s ( Layman’s ) View : Today’s #Inflation Report on #Food and #EnergyI came across several good articles, and felt The Hilll’s piece particularly well balanced and thoughtful, and, unlike as has been the case with many complex subjects, like the economy and climate and clean energy, not initially headline-presented in over-cheerily words.
- August 09, 2022 – Revisiting #FestivalBeachFoodForest with Max the 9-Year OldAnd while Max helped with some watering, I asked Karen about a bright berry cluster in a small tree the morning light was glowing on —
- August 08, 2022 – Bingo! At #TheLadyBird’s 55+ Residences #AustinTexasAfter a full day of live online SilverSneakers exercise classes, painting…and of course Sheila’s wonderful meals – Sheila and I, plus the 9 year old and his mom, had a good old-fashioned Bingo bash, lol! ❤️
- August 07, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week (again) @FineArtAmerica, “Walking in Light” : circa 2021Having reappeared last week as my most viewed image on Fine Art America last week – after also being most viewed late last year ( 2021 ) – “Walking in Light” has again surfaced as my most viewed this 1st week of August 2022!
- August 06, 2022 – Discovering / Exploring #FestivalBeachFoodForest with the 9-Year Old!!Sheila and I had heard there was to be a walk-through and intro to one of the garden areas near where we’ve recently relocated ( The LadyBird 55+ Austin Texas ) this Saturday ( today ) and we also happened to have the 9 year old overnight so… 😊
- August 05, 2022 – 2 Paintings Accepted for Juried Show at Inspired Minds Art Center, Buda Texas!!…the bigger news is I’ve had two paintings, “Fantasy Walk” and “Walking in Light” accepted for a juried show at Inspired Minds At Center, sponsored by Creative Arts Society, opening later this month!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊