It’s rare one legislative act can encompass so much of what it seems a vast majority of us folks here the US really care about, but it appears it may happen!
Any elected Democrat opposing this, when so many varied groups – from the whole spectrum of so called centrists to so called left and even some from the so called right – support this bill, would probably receive a black eye full of overtime coverage from nearly every news outlet in the country!
Below, in about 2 minutes, Joe outlines what this bill can mean for us. For me it was easiest seeing / hearing him via the short clip in the tweet. The Bloomberg link has a pay wall, and I’ve already read my full share of the free articles, lol!
Vox though, also has a really nicely laid out article, one whose title caught my eye :
What’s in the “game changer” climate bill nobody saw coming, at –
Here’s a sample —
If the bill’s policies work as intended, it would push American consumers and industry away from reliance on fossil fuels, penalize fossil fuel companies for excess emissions of methane, and inject needed funds into pollution cleanup.https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2022/7/28/23281757/whats-in-climate-bill-inflation-reduction-act
The bill would use tax credits to incentivize consumers to buy electric cars, electric HVAC systems, and other forms of cleaner technology that would lead to less emissions from cars and electricity generation, and includes incentives for companies to manufacture that technology in the United States. It also includes money for a host of other climate priorities, like investing in forest and coastal restoration and in resilient agriculture.
I hope you’ll give Vox’s article a look. It’s comprehensive yet I also better understood the breadth of the bill enough to understand its balance and depth and why such diverse groups are supporting this.
Here’s the list of the headings and sub-heading in Vox’s article —
- Most of the Inflation Reduction Act’s investments target climate change
- Clean energy and electric vehicles:
- Fossil fuels:
- Pollution reduction and environmental justice:
- Industrial pollution:
- Domestic manufacturing of clean energy:
- The bigger picture for US climate action
And now, I’ll leave you at nearly 10pm ( again 😊 ) with these two tweets —
The 1st is of Joe Manchin redeeming himself 🙏
And the other is a simple but powerful reminder via Richard Bernabe of the utter beauty of our world ❤️
Earth is our neighborhood now – let’s preserve it… ☺️ 💕
Stay well everyone! ❤️
Voting, in our democracy, is the purest form of expression.
Dissenting, affirming, protesting –
– all flow through the form of the ballot, not, the bullet…
Stay well everyone – for oneself, and for those who need us most..the children….
See & Buy My Art 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
- November 06, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Arc de ( d’Nuit ) Triomphe Poster ” : Image Circa 2012, Poster 2017Once again one of my poster designs was my most viewed image from among my listings for prints and gifts on Fine Art America….
- October 30, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Volleyball Kill Poster” : circa 1994 ( writing ) / 2021 ( poster design )Another of my sayings / posters made it as my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America this past week, Volleyball Kill, which I wrote in the early 90s….
- October 24, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Danseur en Bleu” : circa 2022Quite an unexpected treat to see my newest painting, Danseur en Bleu, it’s 1st week on Fine Art America, be my most viewed of my images for the past week!
- October 23, 2022 – A Beginner’s View : Inflation, the Economy, Climate, Clean Energy, Health etc, How Are They Related in Our Current Everyday Lives? – An On-Going Inquiry, Part 9 – #Inflation and Our 2022 Mid-Term Election to Keep/Improve Our #Democracy…while true that any price guidelines / control can be a slippery slope, we also already know price gouging has easily done slipped-slid-and-sunk into its own quicksand of problems….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊