It’s only gotten dark and gone below 100 a half hour ago ( though I did get a bit of canvas prep to start another painting – still struggling to feel I’ve “finished” one of my recent starts ) and I really want to discuss today’s inflation report – as a layman, which is what I am, though an immersed layman, as I’m also thoroughly embedded within our country’s economy and feel each shudder of pricing and availability changes.
I came across several good articles, and felt The Hilll’s piece particularly well balanced and thoughtful, and, unlike as has been the case with many complex subjects, like the economy and climate and clean energy, not initially headline-presented in over-cheerily words.
The Hill’s post is titled – “Inflation eases in July But Remains Near 40 Year Highs”.
Inflation did indeed ease, in key categories ( energy ), but also rose – slightly – in other just as key categories ( food & shelter ). My wife, when I talked with her about the article, immediately said, well those are the main ones – food & shelter. And thank God we were sitting in a functioning air-conditioned apartment ( energy ) apart and away from the 100+ degree heat outside. Complex issues. Life & death issues really.
But I came away, thinking about the broad base of information in The Hill’s article, and how truly complex and critically interrelated all the pieces of our lives really are nowadays, and that I had one over-riding sensation – confidence.
Not the kind of confidence of invincibility or immunity from all the potential mishaps of living in today’s modern evolving technological society while also struggling to maintain our Democracy.
Rather though, the confidence that the majority of folks currently running our government, our country, and so many facets of our lives – are literally putting a priority on the welfare of all of us Americans now!
I see it in the efforts to get legislation passed to benefit our quality of life. I see it in the political compromises made to make progress, ease our medical worries, begin to save our planet for us and our children, and enable the majority of us, the vast majority of us that make up the so-called lower 80% in income to afford to live our lives! 🙏
I’ve done just enough reading now the last few months to be convinced no one ( and the Fed I believe has acknowledged this ) knows exactly how to steer a ship of hundreds of millions of souls, much less billions of souls. But the folks in charge right now, our elected reps, are working together enough to get some truly major legislation passed that should help all of us!
Plus, the fact there’s so many articles for any of us who want to, to read and study and discuss and promote and disagree about in relation to our economy, means we are not a closed society – but – we are also not going to entertain blatantly misleading or openly false information.
We know our climate is dramatically altering. We know things that make our lives possible are often costing more than we can afford. And we know there’s no longer valid reasons for allowing either our climate or our means of living to not encompass all of us….
So I’m sharing this particular article from The Hill, because it is balanced, it cautionary, and it’s hopeful ❤️
Stay well everyone! Stay cool! Stay informed! Make yourself heard – civilly 😊
My related posts – https://felipeadanlerma.com/?s=Inflation
I support passage of The Voting Rights Act 🙏❤️😊Adan
Voting, in our democracy, is the purest form of expression.
Dissenting, affirming, protesting –
– all flow through the form of the ballot, not, the bullet…
Stay well everyone – for oneself, and for those who need us most..the children….
See & Buy My Art 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 01, 2023 – Happy New Year! : My Most Viewed Image the Last Week of 2022 @FineArtAmerica, Little Steps PosterA wonderfully fitting image as my most viewed this past week, the last week, of 2022 – Little Steps, my poster version ❤️ 🙏 ☺️
- December 18, 2022 – 1st Return Appearance Since Spring : My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Blue with Gold Twilight – #PanoramaOcean waves of blue fill our skies and seas, cascading sighs and whispers of inspiration with each breath.
- December 11, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyMorning Light Poster also recently sold at the Old Bakery and Emporium 🙏😌
- December 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Costa Rica Sunset Panorama” : circa 2017I almost skipped even posting about it, but at 4x the views of the nearest most viewed of my images, I needed to drag myself out of my whatever-it-is recent posting stagnation, lol!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA, Pixels) – https://felipeadan-lerma.pixels.com/