Does the new law seem perfect? No.
But for transitional shift impetus, this far reaching new law appears to become a trendsetter not only for vehicles of choice to buy and drive, but also for states to follow!
This a necessarily wide ranging article, and the 3 excerpts below will I hope both encourage you to read the original post, but in turn also give you hope, like it’s done me 😊
..states are joining New York, which passed a similar law last year banning the sale of gasoline-powered cars and light trucks by 2035, and then expanding the ban to cover heavy trucks by 2045…
…an additional 12 states (Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, New Jersey, New Mexico, Nevada, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Vermont) and Washington D.C. have policies tied to California’s, which makes them leading candidates to adopt their own versions of the 2035 ban….https://insideclimatenews.org/news/01092022/california-just-banned-gas-powered-cars-heres-everything-you-need-to-know/
Henry Ford would be proud I think if he saw this below —
“At Ford, combating climate change is a strategic priority, and we’re proud of our partnership with California for stronger vehicle emissions standards,” said Bob Holycross, chief sustainability officer at Ford Motor, in a statement, adding that the new rule “is a landmark standard that will define clean transportation and set an example for the United States.”https://insideclimatenews.org/news/01092022/california-just-banned-gas-powered-cars-heres-everything-you-need-to-know/
GM itself has also been focusing on an eventual shift ; plus the link embedded in the quote below has info directly the purchaser of an EV car —
Already, some EVs have an edge in total cost of ownership because of savings on fuel and maintenance.https://insideclimatenews.org/news/01092022/california-just-banned-gas-powered-cars-heres-everything-you-need-to-know/
In addition, Insideclimatenews includes summaries of these 3 headline articles with even more good news —
- Honda and LG Energy Will Jointly Build a U.S. Battery Plant:
- Climate Law Incentives Prompt First Solar to Build Another U.S. Factory:
- Electric Battery Maker to Locate Factory in West Virginia, Employ Former Miners:
These incentives apparently only 1st require a willingness to save the our planet. That’s not too bad I think ☺️
Stay well everyone! Stay hopeful! ❤️
Voting, in our democracy, is the purest form of expression.
Dissenting, affirming, protesting –
– all flow through the form of the ballot, not, the bullet…
Stay well everyone – for oneself, and for those who need us most..the children….
See & Buy My Art 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- October 02, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Walking With the Stars Poster” : circa 2022Especially nice for to see my poster version of “Walking with the Stars” appear as my most viewed image of the week at Fine Art America 😊
- October 01, 2022 – Opinion: Careening Screaming Laughing Round the Curve and Guardrails America ( and the world ) is Entering Adulthood, Part 1…it’s my opinion humanity will soon decide to survive or not. And that we can only decide to survive by also deciding that means all of us.
- September 28, 2022 – Working Texture and Figures into Compositions I Like, Part 6 : Adding a 5th ( scumbled ) Layer to Danseur en Bleu ( formerly Dancing Turquoise )I don’t want to forget, souls and spirits that we may be, we are also of and from the Earth we stand upon ❤️
- September 27, 2022 – Now This Sounds Right : “Fed can avoid ‘deep pain’ in inflation fight, Bostic says”One of the fun things of being a lay-person in re to an esoteric topic, like the effect of Federal Reserve actions and statements about folks in my fiscal strata is – long as I’m upfront it’s my opinion – I can say how things appear from my socio-economic perspective.
- September 26, 2022 – Changes to My Blog – No Externally Generated Ads / Blogging As AbleI needed to regroup.
- September 25, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Walk Among the Wildflowers” : circa 2020I’m hoping to catch the deadline to submit it to a new-to-me Austin venue, Bee Caves Arts Foundation. Do wish me luck. It’d be a great add-on to its being my most viewed on Fine Art America this past week 😊🙏
- September 22, 2022 – Clean Energy, Part 5 – The Practical Problem, and, How #Solar Kept the Lights on After Fiona Left #PuertoRico in the DarkThe bulk of the info is a very fairly laid out presentation that a 90% of renewable energy is mostly doable and feasible. The only really debatable portion, and Dan presents pluses and minuses for each possible choice, is how to supply that last needed 10%.
Thanks again, everyone! 😊