The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is scheduled on Wednesday to propose draft rules to boost the resilience of the $23 trillion Treasury market, the world’s largest bond market which serves as a benchmark for dollar assets globally.https://www.fidelity.com/news/article/top-news/202209120606RTRSNEWSCOMBINED_KBN2QD0P3-OUSBS_1
I for one, after reading the full article ( not too long, but dense ) am thinking, “the sooner the better!” 😊
Though there are obviously many things ( like people ) more important than money, money is our medium of exchange when we share things we have created or earned, for things another has too, creating or earning their worth in money.
There’s also obviously many obstacles in our global societies hindering a fair means of earning or exchanging money.
This article’s focus aims to relay how the Federal Reserve, Treasury Department and SEC are attempting to strengthen our ability to safely and fairly buy and sell U.S. Treasuries, and some of the why’s this has become necessary.
Over the past decade, the Treasury market has suffered gyrations which have put regulators on edge.
When my parents, now both passed away, wanted to know where or how to park their money, I suggested Treasuries. At my and their level of monetary options, if we couldn’t depend on U.S. Treasuries, then we’d have a whole other level of things to worry about….
That may or not be true for other folk with more or less means than me, but that’s my financial seawall against chaos. And I figure that’s enough reason for me to value this article enough to share ☺️
Stay well everyone! Stay vigilant, even if just in knowing best you can! ❤️ 😊
Voting, in our democracy, is the purest form of expression.
Dissenting, affirming, protesting –
– all flow through the form of the ballot, not, the bullet…
Stay well everyone – for oneself, and for those who need us most..the children….
See & Buy My Art 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- October 02, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Walking With the Stars Poster” : circa 2022Especially nice for to see my poster version of “Walking with the Stars” appear as my most viewed image of the week at Fine Art America 😊
- October 01, 2022 – Opinion: Careening Screaming Laughing Round the Curve and Guardrails America ( and the world ) is Entering Adulthood, Part 1…it’s my opinion humanity will soon decide to survive or not. And that we can only decide to survive by also deciding that means all of us.
- September 28, 2022 – Working Texture and Figures into Compositions I Like, Part 6 : Adding a 5th ( scumbled ) Layer to Danseur en Bleu ( formerly Dancing Turquoise )I don’t want to forget, souls and spirits that we may be, we are also of and from the Earth we stand upon ❤️
- September 27, 2022 – Now This Sounds Right : “Fed can avoid ‘deep pain’ in inflation fight, Bostic says”One of the fun things of being a lay-person in re to an esoteric topic, like the effect of Federal Reserve actions and statements about folks in my fiscal strata is – long as I’m upfront it’s my opinion – I can say how things appear from my socio-economic perspective.
- September 26, 2022 – Changes to My Blog – No Externally Generated Ads / Blogging As AbleI needed to regroup.
- September 25, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Walk Among the Wildflowers” : circa 2020I’m hoping to catch the deadline to submit it to a new-to-me Austin venue, Bee Caves Arts Foundation. Do wish me luck. It’d be a great add-on to its being my most viewed on Fine Art America this past week 😊🙏
- September 22, 2022 – Clean Energy, Part 5 – The Practical Problem, and, How #Solar Kept the Lights on After Fiona Left #PuertoRico in the DarkThe bulk of the info is a very fairly laid out presentation that a 90% of renewable energy is mostly doable and feasible. The only really debatable portion, and Dan presents pluses and minuses for each possible choice, is how to supply that last needed 10%.
Thanks again, everyone! 😊