My Day Ahead is already well underway at 10:11 in the morning, lol! Sheila’s gone on to SilverSneakers Cardio at Gold’s Gym, with an after exercise visit to Randalls for some BBQ ribs, and this afternoon – hopefully clearing though still breeze cool – pick up the 6 year old! From that point on it’s usually a rumble tumble cascade of activities, lol! It’ll be good to see the little guy ❤️
Listening to curated list of “hits” on Amazon Prime Music. I like to listen to lists like this every once in awhile to see what’s new I’ve obviously missed, since I mostly listen to my own curated lists 😊 Most the songs have a little something catchy about them that’s made them, well, catch on! Esp, I would think, w/younger viewers. Oh wait, that’d be anyone under 60 now. Well, then, much younger listeners! But I do like a lot of current music, I’m just more picky toward my own tastes now, after absorbing the beginnings of rock n’roll from my many older cousins I grew up around in the 50’s, through the early Beatles & Stones and other British rock wave of the 60’s, and into and way beyond the 70s, 80s and now. So what I’ve like so far, in this new Greatest Hits list is one from Miley Cyrus (really like her voice and nuancing) w/Slide Away, and something called Graveyard by someone named Halsey. Nice controlled emotional power I thought in the latter. With that I noticed, via my Recents – Song History list, yesterday’s Toto hit, Hold the Line and went back to it. Just a little jump of nearly half a century in music. Nice ❤️
Then pushing through the 1/2 century mark, enjoyed Roy Orbison’s 5 octave rendition of Blue Bayou, which reminded me of Linda Ronstadt’s decade+ later version. Searched it out and gave it a long time ago re-listen. Sheila and I saw her and Aaron Neville at Auditorium Shores in Austin back in, maybe, the very early 90s (when regular folk could walk to listen to music in Austin lol 😂) Linda’s version on the playlist? Slower, more sultry, very passionate! Glad I did a little exploring 😊
Morning, Evening Walks – Painting
Legs needing more limbering, warming up than usual (maybe ‘cause I’ve been pushing to go out while the weather’s been so nice) – I still took longer than usual morning, after-lunch, and evening walks yesterday. Though the day was already grey early morning, the wind wasn’t up kicking yet. Without the bright Austin sun, the muted colors of a muted autumn laid gently out to be seen. Dry yellows creased with rusty reds and crusty browns. On the ground the colors appeared like well worn well loved carpets, while, the trees, sighing with relief to soon be resting for the winter, shone almost brightly, almost Vermonty, against the slate grey blue nearly neutral sky. By evening the winds had gathered themselves in soft fits, infant winds, not sure how to use their arms and legs to reach out and touch yet. I waited below the sight of the Texas and U.S. flags, watched them flap, fade, then flap again. First one would unwrap showing itself, while the other hid curled. Then switched, til, in a few lucky moments, I caught both unfurled. Waving proudly to stand tall and open and free….
I continued my touch-up work on my unnamed sailboat in a vast abstract, but the light had dimmed too much to capture anything even vaguely representative by the time I’d finished with it for the day. The varnish on In the Light continues to dry, and it too didn’t co-operate with they day’s dying light for a shot. Mountain Canoe, though, highly textured, small (8×8) I’d worked on earlier, and did capture a kinda-good before and after comparison. Enhanced the canoe & man in it plus added a long paddle; added a few stars, and modulated some of the dark areas – adding light highlights, toning down some color casts on 1st version. Today I hope to capture an even better image of the worked-on newer version. The prior image is already on Fine Art America, so when I’m fully satisfied w/no more changes, I’ll update the image there too 😊
Note: pics of paintings and walking and more, are in today’s My Yesterday in Pictures, Nov 21’19 – link listed automatically once posted, under my Category link —
Related Amazon Search & Products
My Art & Photography Materials, Supplies & Instructions Idea Page
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- August 19, 2022 – “Fantasy Walk” and “Walking in Light” in New Juried Art Show at Inspired Mind Art Center!The show overall has a great selection! Here’s a small sampling, with photos of the show from fellow Austin artist, Leslie Kell
- August 18, 2022 – #Inflation or #Deflation or Any One Nation : #ClimageChange Doesn’t Seem to Care…It’s Pervasively Here Now….It’s rare lately I post a second post the same day, but the news about the climate we all live within and depend on, is pervasive, even appearing on our local Austin Fox News news-scroll!
- August 18, 2022 – A Beginner’s View : Inflation, the Economy, Climate, Clean Energy, Health etc, How Are They Related in Our Current Everyday Lives? – An On-Going Inquiry, Part 2..life, unpredictable, full of both pleasant and difficult surprises – plus easy, and not so easy choices. That’s what the articles I’ve been reading also seem to reflect….
- August 17, 2022 – A Beginner’s View : Inflation, the Economy, Climate, Clean Energy, Health etc, How Are They Related in Our Current Everyday Lives? – An On-Going Inquiry, Part 1I’ve no idea how long this series on climate etc will run, but I need some kind of framework to place pieces of information together that are helping me understand the rapidly changing potentially deteriorating world we live in.
- August 16, 2022 – Me, 1st Full Day Without a Beard for “Awhile”Sheila patiently re-posed me for a re-take of my no-beard pic today….
- August 15, 2022 – Me, Last Day With a Beard for “Awhile”A very quick post this evening – had my pre-op appt with my surgeon for a slew of breathing related fixes he and my my ENT dr / surgeon will do together..and this is me with my several-years long beard I’ve sported 😊
- August 14, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Time at the Musee d’Orsay” : circa 2012I would hope Sheila and I get to make at least one more wonderful extended trip to Paris 🙏 ❤️ 🇫🇷
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html