Bright beautiful morning! Plan to visit the Lady Bird Wildflower Center late morning. I like going then ‘cause the cafe opens around 11 and I love going to the cafe, lol! Had a nice shot of it in this article, but hope to get new pics, especially of any fall colors 😊
After breakfast, going for a picture taking walk w/the 6 year old. We’ll see how that works out, lol! ❤️
Listening to the six year old play among his “treasures” of “old” toys from when he was a “little” kid ❤️ Grandma’s told him to see if there’s any of them he’d like to donate to another child for Christmas. He likes the idea. He doesn’t seem liking separating from the toys. Or is it from memories he’s still very close to? 😊
Fall Colors in Austin 2019 🍂
Unlike yesterday, today’s full sunshine ☀️ Still in the 30’s but rising to the low 70s. If possible we’ll go to the Lady Bird Wildflower Center nearby late morning. I’m really curious to see if we see any fall foliage left there. It is more of a prairie land with rolling grasses, but I’ll be taking a different look, maybe at things I’d simply skimmed over looking for flowers and such, ie, trees, lol!
Yesterday, mostly morning, while walking, I noticed so much more fall color among the trees than usual. The sky was grey and I couldn’t help but think it was like the grey painter’s palette pads that’ve sold to help artists see the actual color of their paint pigment better (yes, I want one 😊)
Then I started wondering why I was even noticing so much more fall color than expected. The grey sky palette idea could explain some of it, but still, even though scattered, not pervasive like say in Vermont, the red and yellow tree leaves were eye-catching. When we went to pick up the 6 year old mid-afternoon though, my eye didn’t get called to anything “fall-ish.” I asked Sheila later if she’d notice any fall colors in our old neighborhood (we’d lived a few blocks from the grandson’s school then) and she said no. And there’s more trees in our old neighborhood, bigger trees, all fed by the moisture underground fed by underground springs and Lady Bird Lake just a few blocks further north.
So I’ve temporarily come to the conclusion it must the type of trees in our new neighborhood. This is true of fall foliage I’ve heard about in East Texas in the piney woods areas, and of course, Lost Maples in the heart of the Hill Country. There’s a nice variety of articles about the Uvalde Bigtooth Maples in Lost Maples in this search. And there’s a nice selection of images here.
But I do think the grey sky vs our usual intense Texas sun had something to do with it. I just took a break from this post and went to a spot I shot one of Friday’s fall color pics for My Yesterday in Pictures, and took a similar shot. Much brighter colors, yes, but also less coverage, in less than 24 hours! Partly the intense sun, and partly the extreme quickness of any fall season here, ie, the leaves are dropping rapidly now!!
My Yesterday in Pictures for today, Sat Nov 23’19 posting around midnight tonight should have some comparison shots 😊
Note: pics of Friday and more, are in today’s My Yesterday in Pictures, Nov 22’19 – link listed automatically once posted, under my Category link —
Note: More of my Austin Autumn imagery is also in my Fall Colors gallery at Fine Art America, including images of Vermont, Paris and paintings ❤️
Related Amazon Search & Products
My Art & Photography Materials, Supplies & Instructions Idea Page
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- Easy Morning – New Watercolor #FigureArt on Absorbent Ground, May 2020Easy Morning, new watercolor on absorbent ground 6×6 gallery wrap canvas #figureart My newest figure work had the usual tug and pull process painting it 😊 I really like the soft gentle feel of it, and especially like the look my wife got seeing it ❤️
- At Rest With Nature – New Watercolor on Absorbent Ground, May 2020At Peace With Nature has several firsts for me. One, it’s a 5×7 stretched canvas, another size like my recent 6×12, A Walk Among the Wildflowers, I haven’t done in quite awhile, certainly even further back by maybe even decades, lol! It’s an interesting size, being small, yet enabling and enhancing the sense of length or height, like the 6×12, but more subtly.
- Aging Through Covid-19, May 27, 2020Personal Transitions During Stay-at-Home Distancing No BIG in the typical sense of what I tend to think “big” life change/transitions are, but with no blog post for 5 or 6 days, I gave up figuring out the exact # of days, lol, I felt compelled to say a little something.
- Aging Through Covid-19, May 26, 2020Photo Lessons for Dummies by BE KITSCHIG is a superb humor laden look at the all too common pitfalls and inadvertent mistakes we all non-professionals make with our cameras 😂
- A Walk Among the WildFlowers – New Watercolor on Absorbent Ground, May 2020As one can tell by my photo below, I took a few liberties, but to some extent, that happens whether I plan it or not, lol 😂 But I like the result too much to alter anything on it. Another version, another time, will elicit a different response, and I do think this is one motif I’ll want to do more of, vs variations for just practice 😊
- Aging Through Covid-19, May 20, 2020A bit of news out of my home state of Texas. For the past decade, the two main political parties of that state have battled in and out of court in regard to things vote related. Actually seemingly everything vote related, lol!
- Covid-19 Visit to Lady Bird Wildflower Center May 2020 💐First trip I can think of for Sheila & myself, much less with Max, since maybe pre-Covid! 💕 Short, less than 2 hours, and less than 15 minutes from home, but what a treat! 😊
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html