Bright beautiful morning! Plan to visit the Lady Bird Wildflower Center late morning. I like going then ‘cause the cafe opens around 11 and I love going to the cafe, lol! Had a nice shot of it in this article, but hope to get new pics, especially of any fall colors 😊
After breakfast, going for a picture taking walk w/the 6 year old. We’ll see how that works out, lol! ❤️
Listening to the six year old play among his “treasures” of “old” toys from when he was a “little” kid ❤️ Grandma’s told him to see if there’s any of them he’d like to donate to another child for Christmas. He likes the idea. He doesn’t seem liking separating from the toys. Or is it from memories he’s still very close to? 😊
Fall Colors in Austin 2019 🍂
Unlike yesterday, today’s full sunshine ☀️ Still in the 30’s but rising to the low 70s. If possible we’ll go to the Lady Bird Wildflower Center nearby late morning. I’m really curious to see if we see any fall foliage left there. It is more of a prairie land with rolling grasses, but I’ll be taking a different look, maybe at things I’d simply skimmed over looking for flowers and such, ie, trees, lol!
Yesterday, mostly morning, while walking, I noticed so much more fall color among the trees than usual. The sky was grey and I couldn’t help but think it was like the grey painter’s palette pads that’ve sold to help artists see the actual color of their paint pigment better (yes, I want one 😊)
Then I started wondering why I was even noticing so much more fall color than expected. The grey sky palette idea could explain some of it, but still, even though scattered, not pervasive like say in Vermont, the red and yellow tree leaves were eye-catching. When we went to pick up the 6 year old mid-afternoon though, my eye didn’t get called to anything “fall-ish.” I asked Sheila later if she’d notice any fall colors in our old neighborhood (we’d lived a few blocks from the grandson’s school then) and she said no. And there’s more trees in our old neighborhood, bigger trees, all fed by the moisture underground fed by underground springs and Lady Bird Lake just a few blocks further north.
So I’ve temporarily come to the conclusion it must the type of trees in our new neighborhood. This is true of fall foliage I’ve heard about in East Texas in the piney woods areas, and of course, Lost Maples in the heart of the Hill Country. There’s a nice variety of articles about the Uvalde Bigtooth Maples in Lost Maples in this search. And there’s a nice selection of images here.
But I do think the grey sky vs our usual intense Texas sun had something to do with it. I just took a break from this post and went to a spot I shot one of Friday’s fall color pics for My Yesterday in Pictures, and took a similar shot. Much brighter colors, yes, but also less coverage, in less than 24 hours! Partly the intense sun, and partly the extreme quickness of any fall season here, ie, the leaves are dropping rapidly now!!
My Yesterday in Pictures for today, Sat Nov 23’19 posting around midnight tonight should have some comparison shots 😊
Note: pics of Friday and more, are in today’s My Yesterday in Pictures, Nov 22’19 – link listed automatically once posted, under my Category link —
Note: More of my Austin Autumn imagery is also in my Fall Colors gallery at Fine Art America, including images of Vermont, Paris and paintings ❤️
Related Amazon Search & Products
My Art & Photography Materials, Supplies & Instructions Idea Page
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- Update Using Spectrafix Non-Toxic Fixative Spray for Watercolors (The Earth is a Garden & Violet Blooms Cluster Varied Background) 02.22.20“Now, is it just me (cause I just noticed this after I shot this pic, late yesterday evening at last light) that there two very friendly floral “spirits” facing / embracing each other as they come out of the earth-like sphere?”
- Adan’s Fine Art America Images # 7 – The Seine And Quay Beside Notre Dame, Autumn (Paris), Photography circa 2012From archival prints to yoga mats and coffee mugs, see it all here – https://felipeadan-lerma.pixels.com/featured/the-seine-and-quay-beside-notre-dame-autumn-felipe-adan-lerma.html
- Adan’s Fine Art America Images # 6 – A Spray of Wild Onions, Photography circa 2001From archival prints to yoga mats and coffee mugs, see it all here – https://fineartamerica.com/featured/a-spray-of-wild-onions-felipe-adan-lerma.html
- Adan’s Fine Art America Images # 5 – Place Saint Michel Paris, Photography circa 2012From archival prints to yoga mats and coffee mugs, see it all here – https://felipeadan-lerma.pixels.com/featured/place-saint-michel-felipe-adan-lerma.html .
- Painting Update – My Lost Edges and Masking Fluid Ideas 02.18.20This weekend, I reblogged two really interesting articles on the aesthetic or idea of employing lost edges, where the boundaries of given recognizable objects meld into the color space around it (side plane, background, etc). I’d already haphazardly begun working with the idea, wondering if I was off-base to even be considering it, when I … Read more
- Painting Looser III: Chasing the Lost … and Found Edge via Caroline Buchanan Watercolors“Lost and found edges normally don’t just happen. You must plan. And you must use restraint. It is MUCH EASIER to complete an edge than to lose and find it.”
- The Power of Understatement (Lost Edges) via Dianne Mize Studio Feb 2020“In the 1960's I attended an art show in which hung a huge mural size painting showing as its content the total of three words: "Say Everything Completely". I rebelled against that message then and I bristle at it now. The reason is that in my work, a part of my personal aesthetic is understatement.”
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html