Up early to a cold clear day with much to do: early omelette breakfast courtesy of Sheila, then off to Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center for early morning-light pictures. One of the staff there yesterday saw me taking photos, saw a few I’d taken, and suggested I come earlier to catch the slant of morning light, and added a few locations I could try out 😊
I did get some beauties yesterday there, in perfect weather. This morning it’s 38. Colder still than when Max & I went out walking around the neighborhood to see the fall colors and wander down to the trail along Slaughter Creek. So I’ll be a lot more bundled up than yesterday when Max & I left our coats in the car, it being near mid-day when we got there & warmed up to really nice!
After, with maybe another – after yesterday’s stop – at the Wildflower’s cafe for a muffin & coffee 😊 then, I’ll over head to Central Market for cheese and liverwurst goodies, fresh grapes and sourdough bread rolls, plus other misc fun stuff, lol! Sheila’s making me a list thank goodness!
By the time I get home I’ll need to rest, and probably be very ready for lunch ❤️
The Wildflower excursions today and yesterday’ll hopefully lead to a nice post specific to there (vs part of a My Yesterday in Pictures post). There’s so much there, and frankly I was surprised how much of an opportunity of nice spots of fall foliage there were here and there. Yesterday we even saw our youngest girl’s butterfly book, Skydancer, in their gift shop! Very nice!! 💕
Wish me luck! 😊
Listening to time whirl away, though earlier did listen to some great Rolling Stone selections (Wild Horses, Angie, Beast of Burden, Paint it Black, You Can’t Always Get What You Want, Under My Thumb, and maybe my fav maybe ‘cause of my mood – Waiting On a Friend).
Short post today for yesterday as explained above. Did have a wonderful morning with Max morning walking among the autumn foliage and cool clear weather ❤️ followed by a visit to Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center with him and Sheila 💕
My morning w/Max is chronicled in today’s My Yesterday in Pictures.
It’s filled with more pics than usual, fall colors plus pics of Max in action, lol!
My trip to the Wildflower Center itself is still in-progress via my return trip soon early this morning by myself, followed by a grocery run to Central Market. Hope to have the Wildflower picture ready soon 😊
I figured if I waited til all chores were done, then lunch (of course 😊) before writing then posting this post, it’d almost be time to call it a day, lol!
Note: pics of Max and I walking about in yesterday’s autumn colors in Austin, are in today’s My Yesterday in Pictures, Nov 23’19 – link listed automatically once posted, under my Category link —
Related Amazon Search & Products
My Art & Photography Materials, Supplies & Instructions Idea Page
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
Painting Instruction Videos https://amzn.to/2ZNgxfi
Painting Instruction Prime Video https://amzn.to/35oeMq2
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- Adan’s Fine Art America Images # 7 – The Seine And Quay Beside Notre Dame, Autumn (Paris), Photography circa 2012From archival prints to yoga mats and coffee mugs, see it all here – https://felipeadan-lerma.pixels.com/featured/the-seine-and-quay-beside-notre-dame-autumn-felipe-adan-lerma.html
- Adan’s Fine Art America Images # 6 – A Spray of Wild Onions, Photography circa 2001From archival prints to yoga mats and coffee mugs, see it all here – https://fineartamerica.com/featured/a-spray-of-wild-onions-felipe-adan-lerma.html
- Adan’s Fine Art America Images # 5 – Place Saint Michel Paris, Photography circa 2012From archival prints to yoga mats and coffee mugs, see it all here – https://felipeadan-lerma.pixels.com/featured/place-saint-michel-felipe-adan-lerma.html .
- Painting Update – My Lost Edges and Masking Fluid Ideas 02.18.20This weekend, I reblogged two really interesting articles on the aesthetic or idea of employing lost edges, where the boundaries of given recognizable objects meld into the color space around it (side plane, background, etc). I’d already haphazardly begun working with the idea, wondering if I was off-base to even be considering it, when I … Read more
- Painting Looser III: Chasing the Lost … and Found Edge via Caroline Buchanan Watercolors“Lost and found edges normally don’t just happen. You must plan. And you must use restraint. It is MUCH EASIER to complete an edge than to lose and find it.”
- The Power of Understatement (Lost Edges) via Dianne Mize Studio Feb 2020“In the 1960's I attended an art show in which hung a huge mural size painting showing as its content the total of three words: "Say Everything Completely". I rebelled against that message then and I bristle at it now. The reason is that in my work, a part of my personal aesthetic is understatement.”
- 2nd Progress Update Working with Golden Absorbent Ground and Fineline Masking Fluid, on Violet Blooms 02.11.20“Over all I feel my realizations and near misses, design-wise, outweigh my mistakes and the very real possibility this will become a “conversation learning-piece” work vs anything I can call finished and available for sale. I’m hoping I’m wrong about that last part, and find a way to finish it 😊 Very briefly, these are … Read more
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html