My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
Plus, instead of having to work images into the My Day Ahead series posts, this new series will enable me to keep those as pure text, and supplement with images from a variety of possibilities here. It’s an experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Return Visit to Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center ❤️
One of the best things Sheila and I’ve done since moving further south in Austin is becoming members of the Wildflower Center. We got to pick a combo seniors / grandparents/family package, and even with just the few visits we’ve made since joining early June (few due to my two surgeries), we’re already coming out ahead. This morning I headed out after our omelette breakfast and, tummy loaded, got there a 1/4 after their 9am opening time. I wanted a close-up of their stone plaque commemorating Lady Bird & no matter which way I turned, my shadow was in it, lol! So I figured, might as well go whole-Monty selfie-shadow 😊
I’m only including pics from the Sunday morning visit, as I plan to dedicate a full post later on with images from both days. This is not the main entrance, but much further deeper into the Wildflower Center. The bridge is over a currently dry creek it’d be interesting to see after a good rain. The rocky dry soil in Central Texas either sends rain water into underground streams, or meanders it toward the Gulf of Mexico. Catching it in rain barrels is also a great alternative!
All I can hope for in this short picture post is give an idea of the vast diversity of sights, attractions, and sheer beauty for folks of all ages, little kids to us seniors ❤️
When I showed this picture to Sheila later in the day, she remembered she and the youngest girl had taken Max to this same spot on the ground nearly four years ago! The butterflies, knowing this, are obviously meticulously maintained, and the coloring and surfaces all appeared brand new! 😊
By the time I decided to “call it” and give in to my 1st muffin since my second surgery (true! picked a blueberry one 😊) + a fresh cup of coffee, it’d been nearly two hours since I’d arrived! I’d explored a lot! And realized I may have only searched out maybe half of the trails, though thinking back, probably not even that! That’s actually a very promising prospect to me! 💕
At Central Market South!
My last stop after filling the tank in the car after leaving the Wildflower Center was Central Market. Almost always a treat going there, even with a grocery list in hand!
But don’t want anyone to think it was all grocery chores, hunting down price codes to weigh produce (think Carnival Squash, lol!) and waiting in line at the deli for specialty cheeses and liverwurst cut just right 😊 Nope, I was munching and crunching and sipping fresh roasted Hawaiian coffee ❤️ Yeah, it’s a chore, but someone’s gotta – ok, I wanna do it! Where else are the perks fresh perked. Sorry couldn’t resist 😂
My Day Ahead series posts elaborate on both my day ahead & the day past, my yesterday.
My Day Ahead for Monday, Nov 25th, posts well after this post, and may carry a bit more commentary about the images above. It’ll also automatically show up via the link above when posted – thanks everyone!
My Photography & Art Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products For This Post
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 17, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Morning View Walk in a Light RainI left off our car at a shop we’re trying out near our place for numerous routine minor stuff and walked the short distance back. Luckily I had an umbrella….
- May 16, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, After a Light Rain Barton CreekIt didn’t rain heavy, but it did rain off and on steadily, lol! And more of the same, some heavier, might come our way next 3 days or so. There was just enough rocks still above water I could walk out and….
- May 15, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Bird Friends at Our BalconyGranted, my real life observation of birds is relatively limited, I’ve never seen this before, one Cardinal feeding two! Wonderful really, so amazed at the joy of such a tiny slice of nature ❤️ To say it’s adorable seems nearly a cliche, but adorable it is!
- May 14, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, First Bird to Visit Our New Balcony Brings a FriendAdding on to yesterday’s pic of our 1st bird visitor to our new balcony at our new location is, I assume 😊, the same little bird, but with a friend, her red feathered boy cardinal I think! The expressions, I think, are priceless!
- May 13, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, First Bird to Visit Our Balcony in Our New LocationA simple pic tonight, a simple mingling of sentiments – innocence, curiosity, hunger….
- May 13, 2021 – Our #1 Learned Lesson This Move : Number the Boxes and Make a Digital List!“Such a simple idea, and Sheila says she’s either read or heard something similar, but only occurred to me this morning searching for random items I must’ve stuffed into a box with other stuff and now can’t find them – number each box, make a list of….”
- May 12, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, A Little Water in Barton Creek“…here goes a short quickshot pictorial of my 1st probe of the nearest Austin nature area new to us, one we’ve never explored before; all done yesterday evening at the last moment.”
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html