My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
Plus, instead of having to work images into the My Day Ahead series posts, this new series will enable me to keep those as pure text, and supplement with images from a variety of possibilities here. It’s an experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Return Visit to Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center ❤️
One of the best things Sheila and I’ve done since moving further south in Austin is becoming members of the Wildflower Center. We got to pick a combo seniors / grandparents/family package, and even with just the few visits we’ve made since joining early June (few due to my two surgeries), we’re already coming out ahead. This morning I headed out after our omelette breakfast and, tummy loaded, got there a 1/4 after their 9am opening time. I wanted a close-up of their stone plaque commemorating Lady Bird & no matter which way I turned, my shadow was in it, lol! So I figured, might as well go whole-Monty selfie-shadow 😊
I’m only including pics from the Sunday morning visit, as I plan to dedicate a full post later on with images from both days. This is not the main entrance, but much further deeper into the Wildflower Center. The bridge is over a currently dry creek it’d be interesting to see after a good rain. The rocky dry soil in Central Texas either sends rain water into underground streams, or meanders it toward the Gulf of Mexico. Catching it in rain barrels is also a great alternative!
All I can hope for in this short picture post is give an idea of the vast diversity of sights, attractions, and sheer beauty for folks of all ages, little kids to us seniors ❤️
When I showed this picture to Sheila later in the day, she remembered she and the youngest girl had taken Max to this same spot on the ground nearly four years ago! The butterflies, knowing this, are obviously meticulously maintained, and the coloring and surfaces all appeared brand new! 😊
By the time I decided to “call it” and give in to my 1st muffin since my second surgery (true! picked a blueberry one 😊) + a fresh cup of coffee, it’d been nearly two hours since I’d arrived! I’d explored a lot! And realized I may have only searched out maybe half of the trails, though thinking back, probably not even that! That’s actually a very promising prospect to me! 💕
At Central Market South!
My last stop after filling the tank in the car after leaving the Wildflower Center was Central Market. Almost always a treat going there, even with a grocery list in hand!
But don’t want anyone to think it was all grocery chores, hunting down price codes to weigh produce (think Carnival Squash, lol!) and waiting in line at the deli for specialty cheeses and liverwurst cut just right 😊 Nope, I was munching and crunching and sipping fresh roasted Hawaiian coffee ❤️ Yeah, it’s a chore, but someone’s gotta – ok, I wanna do it! Where else are the perks fresh perked. Sorry couldn’t resist 😂
My Day Ahead series posts elaborate on both my day ahead & the day past, my yesterday.
My Day Ahead for Monday, Nov 25th, posts well after this post, and may carry a bit more commentary about the images above. It’ll also automatically show up via the link above when posted – thanks everyone!
My Photography & Art Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products For This Post
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- February 25, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Is It a Wrap?Is our #TexasFreeze winter storm over? A wrap? Done and ready to be forgotten?
- February 24, 2021 – The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number I.2.1 – with CommentaryI’ve no real idea if this is common, a little common, or just plain uncommon, lol, to other artists.
- February 23, 2021 – Texas Hill Country November – circa 2021 Watercolor – Adan’s PhotoPoemsThough an abstract, I think one of the things I like best about Texas Hill Country November, is it captures a little of the sense of the authentic the Texas landscaped outside….
- February 22, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Power is On, Water is Running, Boil Ban is Canceled, and – I Shaved!It’s hard to express the relief in again having the taken-for-granted luxury of running water, power to heat and cool our air and bodies, and being able to stand with family, even if for a short time, even if we knew we’d all four had to have been social distancing / masking – even if out doors in our relatively fresh Austin city air.
- February 21, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Hope is a Wet Blue Line and One Brave Bird in a TreeMy apologies for the break in communication continuity since yesterday morning – it’s been a rough but promising ride, and, I got my own answer as to how come the phrase/idea, “Why the Caged Bird Sings” has always appealed to me 😊
- February 20, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Possible Light End of A Cold TunnelThe Texas Tribune has lots of articles examining both the overall and details of this disaster. A major component, as voiced from different directions, is cost —
- February 19, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, The Light in the ColdThe Texas Tribune has lots of articles examining both the overall and details of this disaster. A major component, as voiced from different directions, is cost —
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html