My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
Plus, instead of having to work images into the My Day Ahead series posts, this new series will enable me to keep those as pure text, and supplement with images from a variety of possibilities here. It’s an experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Return Visit to Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center ❤️
One of the best things Sheila and I’ve done since moving further south in Austin is becoming members of the Wildflower Center. We got to pick a combo seniors / grandparents/family package, and even with just the few visits we’ve made since joining early June (few due to my two surgeries), we’re already coming out ahead. This morning I headed out after our omelette breakfast and, tummy loaded, got there a 1/4 after their 9am opening time. I wanted a close-up of their stone plaque commemorating Lady Bird & no matter which way I turned, my shadow was in it, lol! So I figured, might as well go whole-Monty selfie-shadow 😊
I’m only including pics from the Sunday morning visit, as I plan to dedicate a full post later on with images from both days. This is not the main entrance, but much further deeper into the Wildflower Center. The bridge is over a currently dry creek it’d be interesting to see after a good rain. The rocky dry soil in Central Texas either sends rain water into underground streams, or meanders it toward the Gulf of Mexico. Catching it in rain barrels is also a great alternative!
All I can hope for in this short picture post is give an idea of the vast diversity of sights, attractions, and sheer beauty for folks of all ages, little kids to us seniors ❤️
When I showed this picture to Sheila later in the day, she remembered she and the youngest girl had taken Max to this same spot on the ground nearly four years ago! The butterflies, knowing this, are obviously meticulously maintained, and the coloring and surfaces all appeared brand new! 😊
By the time I decided to “call it” and give in to my 1st muffin since my second surgery (true! picked a blueberry one 😊) + a fresh cup of coffee, it’d been nearly two hours since I’d arrived! I’d explored a lot! And realized I may have only searched out maybe half of the trails, though thinking back, probably not even that! That’s actually a very promising prospect to me! 💕
At Central Market South!
My last stop after filling the tank in the car after leaving the Wildflower Center was Central Market. Almost always a treat going there, even with a grocery list in hand!
But don’t want anyone to think it was all grocery chores, hunting down price codes to weigh produce (think Carnival Squash, lol!) and waiting in line at the deli for specialty cheeses and liverwurst cut just right 😊 Nope, I was munching and crunching and sipping fresh roasted Hawaiian coffee ❤️ Yeah, it’s a chore, but someone’s gotta – ok, I wanna do it! Where else are the perks fresh perked. Sorry couldn’t resist 😂
My Day Ahead series posts elaborate on both my day ahead & the day past, my yesterday.
My Day Ahead for Monday, Nov 25th, posts well after this post, and may carry a bit more commentary about the images above. It’ll also automatically show up via the link above when posted – thanks everyone!
My Photography & Art Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products For This Post
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- Aging Through Covid-19, March 31, 2020My walking, which was beginning to suffer because of pain in my legs, esp at night, has been incredibly helped by some simple shin splits stretches. The hardest part is holding the stretch for 30 seconds, lol!
- Aging Through Covid-19, March 30, 2020Though generally healthy, but in the target age group for most vulnerable, Sheila and I had early on began practicing social distancing. We also ate well, better even. More veggies. More sleep – can’t tell you what a blessing that’s been for me, lol! 😊
- New SilverSneakers Exercise Streaming Opportunity on Facebook Monday 03.23.20 10:30 CSTI’m glad SilverSneakers has already added/scheduled a followup to this week’s initial live class stream – very much looking forward to it! 💕
- Update / Review : SilverSneakers Exercise Streaming Opportunity on Facebook Thursday 03.19.20Jenny, the instructor, carried all the energy and humor and relatedness that can only be found in a live class, and only surpassed by a live class of the same caliber teacher but with equally real time feedback to the participants in the class.
- SilverSneakers Exercise Streaming Opportunity on Facebook Thursday 03.19.20At a time when so many resources are being curtailed, and much needed other health resources are just beginning to be provided, it’s good, and very welcome, that such a solid standby for seniors as SilverSneakers is providing this.
- Flowering at Dawn – New Watercolor with Absorbent Ground Painting Progress Update 03.13.20 Plus Thoughts on the Virus Crisis 😊Having interests, passions even, one can pursue, and let’s say pursue relatively easily, is important for everyone, but especially, I think, for young children and for older adults. I’ll let each person decide what an older adult, or a young child, lol, is, age-wise 💕
- Adan’s Fine Art America Images # 12 – Snow Waterfront Park Walk, Digital Art Photography circa 2016From archival prints to yoga mats and coffee mugs, see it all here – Snow Waterfront Park Walk ©Felipe Adan Lerma https://felipeadan-lerma.pixels.com/featured/snow-waterfront-park-walk-felipe-adan-lerma.html
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html