I’ve tried since Friday’s photopoem (with the image of my latest painting to sell) to post again, but from that evening to this evening has been as full a series a days since way before last summer’s surgeries!
So either I’m definitely finally really getting better, lol! Or I’ve been living a dulled version of my life before then! Either way, I prefer myself now – busy!
I’m painting nearly daily, even if it’s just a line of light on a ridge of raised texture from an imaginary sun shining through my life these days – mostly 😊
My absorbent ground 6×6 experiments are continuing, and I’ve punched through each “learning lesson” along the way, usually salvaging and saving the better parts toward a finished work I really like, so I should’ve been more prepared for my inevitable 1st “hard” learning lesson. My First Twinkle of Snow piece I’d worked so hard over suffered a huge set back when I placed the isolation coat on it.
I’d hoped to have a new-to-me non-toxic spray call Spectrafix arrive today & show folks how this new initial isolating coat works, but there was a delivery misstep & I hope to have it to try & show tomorrow. Here’s the image I’m trying it on –
Easy to see this one’s gonna be a super bowl level challenge to preserve 😂
Wish me luck, and meanwhile, hope you had your own great Super Bowl weekend. As I mentioned, Sheila & I were so busy our heads spun, lol! But all in a good way with a trip to Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center to hear our youngest girl read her Skydancer children’s book 1st time this year – I’ll have a post on that soon too ❤️ And of course what dominated our time since Friday afternoon’s been the youngest grandchild – school, sick, soccer, and lots of socializing 💕
I didn’t watch the game this year, but I did take a much needed walk, saw the clouds pull a blanket over our weekend of blue skies, and caught the image at top at last light. Not bad 😊
No, my super-Super Bowl watching days were Terry Bradshaw and Joe Montana; oh, and Super Bowl XX with the Refrigerator (William Perry); and my Super Bowl dream game would’ve included Earl Campbell. Yeah, long time ago….
So, hope everyone’s a winner, in their own best way!
Happy super bowl on what Sheila says won’t happen again for another 900 years, not since 11.11.1111! A palindrome – 02.02.2020!
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
101 Sports Poetry, by Felipe Adan Lerma 😊
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- July 31, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the WaterThe initial goal was to simply select and mark the area for my figure. Then I freely applied Golden’s light molding paste, leaving the selected area for my figure much more level, and forming the paste into potentially vegetative designs as inspiration and malleable ground meshed —
- July 30, 2021 – What a Difference a New Keyboard Makes : LENRICH iPad pro 12.9 case with keyboardThis is an older now discontinued keyboard, but one of the few still available for my IPad Pro 2nd generation model (current model is 5th generation I believe), but I’m impressed with it enough to post about it and (if all continues well) my renewed ease of use not having to use the onscreen keyboard for blog posts, emails etc – that’s a big deal for me, lol! 😊
- July 29, 2021 – Whew! Yesterday Was a Day of Plowing Through, lol!Above is a picture of me November 2019 (notice the weather is warm but hot, finally 😊) and I look just a bit worn out? I’d just climbed the 218 steps to top of Old Baldy near Wimberley Texas! That’s kinda how I felt yesterday, only without as nice a view, lol! I’ll just say that….
- July 28, 2021 – New 25×40 #Acrylic on Canvas In-Progress : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerA chore heat filled day where my keyboard evidently is deciding it’s had it, lol! Hopefully I finish this post 😊 Basically I started the groundwork for my newest painting, acrylic, wanting to settle on my composition before hand, unlike how I handled my just finished watercolor, same size, where I inserted my figure at the end.
- July 27, 2021 – 4 Weeks Running! My Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, Summer is a Lady : #Watercolor on Paper #ContemporaryImpressionismI’m sure I’ve had images repeat as most viewed 4 times in a row, but I wasn’t paying as much attention to that as I try to nowadays 😊 Summer is a Lady continues to simmer atop my selection of photos and artwork and illustrated poetry ♥️
- July 26, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New #Watercolor on Canvas Completed : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerI just took another look at my newly completed painting (above) to try for some settled sentiment I can include for my post, and I do have that – some settled sentiment. I’m still digesting and assimilating what this new work means to me. Though I know it’s incomplete, because I also know this work is more a conscious marker of where I want to head, and feel compelled to head toward, I do have a grasp enough to point out some things that are making themselves more known to me.
- July 25, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New Watercolor on Canvas in-progress, Developing the Right Figure to AddAs you can tell from my top pic, my efforts to progress from my value study and digital studies below are not going great, lol! I take solace from several things —
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html