I’ve tried since Friday’s photopoem (with the image of my latest painting to sell) to post again, but from that evening to this evening has been as full a series a days since way before last summer’s surgeries!
So either I’m definitely finally really getting better, lol! Or I’ve been living a dulled version of my life before then! Either way, I prefer myself now – busy!
I’m painting nearly daily, even if it’s just a line of light on a ridge of raised texture from an imaginary sun shining through my life these days – mostly 😊
My absorbent ground 6×6 experiments are continuing, and I’ve punched through each “learning lesson” along the way, usually salvaging and saving the better parts toward a finished work I really like, so I should’ve been more prepared for my inevitable 1st “hard” learning lesson. My First Twinkle of Snow piece I’d worked so hard over suffered a huge set back when I placed the isolation coat on it.
I’d hoped to have a new-to-me non-toxic spray call Spectrafix arrive today & show folks how this new initial isolating coat works, but there was a delivery misstep & I hope to have it to try & show tomorrow. Here’s the image I’m trying it on –
Easy to see this one’s gonna be a super bowl level challenge to preserve 😂
Wish me luck, and meanwhile, hope you had your own great Super Bowl weekend. As I mentioned, Sheila & I were so busy our heads spun, lol! But all in a good way with a trip to Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center to hear our youngest girl read her Skydancer children’s book 1st time this year – I’ll have a post on that soon too ❤️ And of course what dominated our time since Friday afternoon’s been the youngest grandchild – school, sick, soccer, and lots of socializing 💕
I didn’t watch the game this year, but I did take a much needed walk, saw the clouds pull a blanket over our weekend of blue skies, and caught the image at top at last light. Not bad 😊
No, my super-Super Bowl watching days were Terry Bradshaw and Joe Montana; oh, and Super Bowl XX with the Refrigerator (William Perry); and my Super Bowl dream game would’ve included Earl Campbell. Yeah, long time ago….
So, hope everyone’s a winner, in their own best way!
Happy super bowl on what Sheila says won’t happen again for another 900 years, not since 11.11.1111! A palindrome – 02.02.2020!
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
101 Sports Poetry, by Felipe Adan Lerma 😊
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- October 17, 2021 – My Most Viewed Image For a 2nd Week @FineArtAmerica, Abstract Study 1, #watercolorThough I’ve had some of my images repeat a 2nd week or more, or return again after awhile to place top of my views for the week at Fine Art America, it’s still rare for an abstract of mine to do so. It’s sorta ironic for me, since I began painting in earnest in the 80s creating acrylic abstracts (after fooling around doing clouds and Dali-ish dripping clocks in my 20s 😊), and then….
- October 16, 2021 – My Idea for Promoting My WordPress Blog Posts on Twitter (Besides My Pinned Tweet), Part 2Knowing me, I doubt this’ll be my final tweet format I can use on Twitter to let folks see & know what my most recent blog posts are. I of course tweet the individual blog posts themselves out, often using them here in my posts. But I felt the need for a more inclusive, easy to change to keep up-to-date format and after some earlier incarnations, this tweet above may work for me for awhile, changing the screen shot of my current blogs as needed 😊
- October 15, 2021 – 2nd Time Out Sketching with Austin’s #UrbanSketchers Group! Still a Treat! #PeaseParkThough immensely more challenging this time around for October’s outting with Austin’s Urban Sketchers chapter (heat indexes near 100 – hopefully a forerunner to an expected cool front; traffic challenges due to Austin City Limits festival), and, not particularly enamored with my resultant efforts this time around — — it was so good to talk with other artists! Be out among so many folks and families, and, “try” my 2nd time out painting plein air since (I think) the early 2000s!
- October 14, 2021 – My Idea for Promoting My WordPress Blog Posts on Twitter (Besides My Pinned Tweet), Part 1I have my pinned tweet on my Twitter timeline of course, where I show images of my work on Fine Art America, with link to my site there of course, and, also list my blog site here on WordPress. But as you can tell above, the latter, my WordPress website, gets not that much focus. Though if you’d like to retweet it, please do, lol! 😊 So basically, I asked myself, how – beyond a 2 short lines in the text – can I better promote my WordPress site, along with my Fine Art America site?
- October 13, 2021 – A Good Problem, Lots of Interesting Pics and Posts Developing in My Blog Pipeline! Part 2Recently I posted 3 other canvas paintings I’ve been working on, and here I’m showing the 2 I’d mentioned in that post but didn’t have photo captures of yet. Both are 18×24 on canvas, with light molding paste from Golden, but, at this stage applied slightly differently.
- October 12, 2021 – Reblog/Review : Long Covid Presentation with Patrick McKeown (YouTube)My biggest take away from Patrick McKeown’s hour and a half YouTube presentation (a recorded Zoom session) is how gentle and doable it can be for most of us to go as slow as we need, and we’ll get there – “there” being better easier healthier breathing and as a result, the potential for a happier better life.
- October 11, 2021 – A Good Problem, Lots of Interesting Pics and Posts Developing in My Blog Pipeline! Part 1And the 3 images above do not include 2 more 18×24 semi-abstract semi-figure works, lol! Which is great for my painting and fitness interests, but leaving me a tiny bit in the lurch blogging-time wise – but – with a wealth of new material, well, materializing 😊 It’s my intent to have a blog post for each of these images here plus the two not shown 🤞
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html