I’ve tried since Friday’s photopoem (with the image of my latest painting to sell) to post again, but from that evening to this evening has been as full a series a days since way before last summer’s surgeries!
So either I’m definitely finally really getting better, lol! Or I’ve been living a dulled version of my life before then! Either way, I prefer myself now – busy!
I’m painting nearly daily, even if it’s just a line of light on a ridge of raised texture from an imaginary sun shining through my life these days – mostly 😊
My absorbent ground 6×6 experiments are continuing, and I’ve punched through each “learning lesson” along the way, usually salvaging and saving the better parts toward a finished work I really like, so I should’ve been more prepared for my inevitable 1st “hard” learning lesson. My First Twinkle of Snow piece I’d worked so hard over suffered a huge set back when I placed the isolation coat on it.
I’d hoped to have a new-to-me non-toxic spray call Spectrafix arrive today & show folks how this new initial isolating coat works, but there was a delivery misstep & I hope to have it to try & show tomorrow. Here’s the image I’m trying it on –
Easy to see this one’s gonna be a super bowl level challenge to preserve 😂
Wish me luck, and meanwhile, hope you had your own great Super Bowl weekend. As I mentioned, Sheila & I were so busy our heads spun, lol! But all in a good way with a trip to Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center to hear our youngest girl read her Skydancer children’s book 1st time this year – I’ll have a post on that soon too ❤️ And of course what dominated our time since Friday afternoon’s been the youngest grandchild – school, sick, soccer, and lots of socializing 💕
I didn’t watch the game this year, but I did take a much needed walk, saw the clouds pull a blanket over our weekend of blue skies, and caught the image at top at last light. Not bad 😊
No, my super-Super Bowl watching days were Terry Bradshaw and Joe Montana; oh, and Super Bowl XX with the Refrigerator (William Perry); and my Super Bowl dream game would’ve included Earl Campbell. Yeah, long time ago….
So, hope everyone’s a winner, in their own best way!
Happy super bowl on what Sheila says won’t happen again for another 900 years, not since 11.11.1111! A palindrome – 02.02.2020!
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
101 Sports Poetry, by Felipe Adan Lerma 😊
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.18.2“The room around them returned slowly. People approached. Congratulating them. On the show, on their togetherness. ‘Your show looks fabulous,’ Rosetta said to Arturo, ‘Macario came through.'”
- January 21, 2021 – Inauguration Day, The Day After – An Energy’s Been Unleashed!“I couldn’t decide what I’d write today!…And there can only be one reason – other than we’re one day closer to Valentines Day, my wife’s fav ❤️ — A new day has risen for America! For all of us who want it.”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.18.1“Arturo caught sight of Rosetta and immediately felt his heart expand. Her legs split the fold in her dress as she stepped….”
- January 20, 2021 – Inauguration Day, A Promise of a PromiseI’ve seen Inauguration Days since I was a kid, beginning with John F. Kennedy’s. (video – https://youtu.be/PEC1C4p0k3E) I still remember how thrilled I was, and then, how shocked, when he said we should ask not what our country can do for us, but what we could do for our country, lol! What! Me? I was barely ten!
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.17.5“A brief gust shook the large panes ever so slightly, barely a tremor of vibration. ‘I think it’s her….'”
- January 19, 2021 – My Latest Images (Paintings, Digital, Photos) on Fine Art America“The funny thing is, this was to be a simple formatting job, getting the images I wanted into this post, lol! But at least I have a quick way to show ya’ll my most recent pics, from paintings to photos to digital work. And, when the facing image for one of my collections changes, I’ll update the pic below.”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.17.4“‘I thought food was being served…’ Me too, smiled Arturo….”
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html