Slept ten hours last night! Woke woozy but better, more rested, and the sun is shining again this morning plus predicted to be lower than yesterday’s near 90! Whew, lol!
I also woke realizing, if I am to paint regularly again, and maintain the fitness progress I began mid January the start of this year, My Day Ahead has to become intermittent 😞
My Yesterday in Pictures will have to be the mainstay for now. And I have a backlog of reblogs and regular posts I haven’t been able to get to, some very important, one of which I’m determined to do today, on the near-nationwide recall of romaine lettuce as reported via my Consumer Reports newsletter.
So today, am having my 1st cup of ☕️, gonna have one of Sheila’s famous Sunday morning omelette breakfasts, then off to Central Market. After that, not sure, but that’s ok. Should be great walking weather, nice light for painting, and preparing for a very busy week ahead: help at 1/2 day art check in for a huge consignors’ art show at the Old Bakery, reception for same said art show Friday evening (like the one earlier this year), and an even longer possible (probable?) 1/2 day art show I’ve tried to do for years, the Christmas arts show at Don’s Depot, a classic Austin honky tonk! 😊
Listening to the sun rise brightly and warmly from a 40s low ☀️ 😊
Acrylic Painting Experiment 🎨
I continue my slow but at least steady progress with my acrylic painting experiment of my photo, Floating Blooms, featured in my post about floral images I’ve captured over the last near-20 years 🌺
My Yesterday in Pictures linked below has a running detail of my thoughts and ideas as I work along. I hope you’ll take a look if you’re interested in art and how one artist thinks, or whatever it is we do when we try to work creatively, which I’m beginning to think more and more, is a balancing of letting the creativity happen tempered with a little bit of experience and book knowledge so to speak. But only lightly tempered, lol! To the better and to the bad sometimes, but the way it must be for me to be creative 💕
Take care everyone! Hope the Thanksgiving weekend continues well ❤️
Note: pics of my acrylic painting in progress are in today’s My Yesterday in Pictures, Nov 30’19 – link listed automatically once posted, under my Category link —
Related Amazon Search & Products
My Art & Photography Materials, Supplies & Instructions Idea Page
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- January 17, 2022 – Art Delivery to Cypress Grill Austin for a Creative Arts Society Rotating Member ShowingI’m happy to post I’m placing my 1st piece of art work at a Creative Arts Society member venue in over a year and a half!
- January 16, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Fantasy Landscape – New 16×20 #LyricalAbstract #AcrylicPaintingFantasy Landscape is currently residing at the Old Bakery & Emporium in downtown Austin across from the Texas State Capital. It’s a super playful acrylic I didn’t realize would be “so much” a landscape as it turned out, lol! All part of the “discovery” process inside each artist, often call the landscape inside, probably in more senses than one, as Joan Mitchell has alluded to.
- January 15, 2022 – New 12×24 Inch #Acrylic Upload @FineArtAmerica – Blue Impressionist Abstract 1Third of my 3 uploaded acrylic color blocks, each 12×24 inches on gallery wrapped canvas, Blue gives me a triad of sorts, the other two paintings being red and yellow. A link to related blog posts is – https://felipeadanlerma.com/?s=Impressionist+abstract I’ve always like panoramas, even in my….
- January 14, 2022 – Painting + Capturing Photos of the Sides of 2 #ImpressionistAbstract Panoramas Accepted by Art for the People Gallery AustinA few posts ago I announced about my art audition for an upcoming show at Austin local gallery, Art for the People, and mentioned I’d had a couple of my Impressionist Abstract panoramas chosen! One, the red version, already had its sides painted, but the newer blue version didn’t, so I got to work right away. Like I tell folks who like hearing ’bout how I put these together, painting the sides almost always takes as long or longer than the painting! Why?
- January 13, 2022 – 2 New Works In-Progress : Good Conversation + Healthy Vines Happy Hearts – #AbstractPainting #LyricalAbstraction #TheAdjacentPossibleWasn’t sure what I wanted to paint this particular day, just really needed to 😊 I’ve been reading a creativity book, The Adjacent Possible; filled with good ideas, one of which emphasizes “just starting.” A concept the author calls zero to 1, which she explains is like this huge leap, from nothing, to something. She says it over and over, all different ways, and I understood it. First intellectually. Then emotionally. And today, physically.
- January 12, 2022 – Auditioned 3 Paintings at #ArtForThePeopleGallery, Snuck in 3 Unannounced Works, Got 4 of 6 Accepted!!!Well, I didn’t really “sneak” 3 additional works into my art audition at Art for the People Gallery here in Austin — but I did pack 3 extra pieces into my car & after they’d seen the 3 they’d asked to see, I asked them if they’d like to see some even newer work, basically blocks of color, with texture, that I had with me? And they said yes! The 3 they first asked to see….
- January 11, 2022 – Adan’s #ArtPoems / #PhotoPoems : Light is But Darkness Feeling…I’ve had a PhotoPoems / Photo Poems series of posts seems since near when I 1st started my blog, and was tempted to call this verse, for Angel, a PhotoPoem also. But even though I’ve a few posts tying poem and art work together, I don’t think that would be in the spirit of the thought behind the poems anymore. An art poem, I feel instinctively, is….
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html