Been awhile since I’ve done one of my Day Ahead posts, and this seemed a good time 😊
With the holidays nearing a temporary end after New Years, at least till Valentines Day ❤️ I’ve found myself improving on many fronts (health, fitness, art) yet slowly remembering some of those challenges, those of staying fit and actively creating art, lol! 😂 I‘ve become stronger doing stability and yoga classes each of the last two weeks, yet wake up at night w/intense pain in some new part of my legs, despite plenty of protein after exertion, despite more and more stretching. I’ve found and am enjoying incredibly new ways of creating art via both oils and acrylics, esp the latter creating beautiful watercolor effects on canvas I never thought possible (for me), but require more materials, more canvas prep, and, unless I want to glass my canvases, also need to “fix” the image to protect it.
It’d be nice if there was a simple solution in terms of time for staying fit and being creative. And none of that of course fully encapsulates the energy of being mentally and emotionally engaged with another person, not to mention eating and all those other things 😊
Easy to say “that’s life” or “sounds good” or “easy compared to other folks.”
Easy to say because it’s true, yet, as we all really know, isn’t really living it.
The mingling of both what becomes monotony and the unexpected –
– while remaining conscious, centered, of open heart…
Monotony. Well. Gonna happen. Something that – over time – we either become better at deflecting, or deflects us. And then the easy becomes rather uneasy.
It’s the unexpected that requires vigilance and handling.
Preparing for the un-preparable, lol!
True, the unexpected makes for great movies, books, and some walks 😊 It motivates one to stay attentive. Creates texture in our lives – both crinkly and thrilling.
It’s the energy of dealing with the unexpected that’s not easy.
And the more of the unexpected that finds me, the more I have to focus on less things, choosing which are essential to staying healthy, being happy, promoting wonder and curiosity.
And one choice for all circumstances, or one choice for good or all time, or even one way of doing or handling that choice, doesn’t even seem possible. The vastness and movement of our lives seem too complex for that, even if the world and universe around us could stay static. Flat earth. Earth as center of the universe. No other life beyond our skies.
There are, I believe, those times, when planning and molding a pattern into our lives is so beyond us, the only strategy left and the only attitude possible with it, are, at least for me — hope, and faith 💕
Happy holidays everyone. Merry Christmas to all. And a very happy New Year ❤️
Related Amazon Search & Products
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My PhotoPoem Series 😊
Something went wrong. Please refresh the page and/or try again.
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- Adan’s Fine Art America Images # 8 – Busy Butterfly Side 2, Photography circa 2016From archival prints to yoga mats and coffee mugs, see it all here – Busy Butterfly Side 2 ©Felipe Adan Lerma https://felipeadan-lerma.pixels.com/featured/busy-butterfly-side-2-felipe-adan-lerma.html
- Feeding the Artist Behind the Scene (Michelangelo, and Us 😊) via Dianne Mize Studio Feb 2020“Master artists know how drawing plays a major role in feeding their artist within. A lot of behind the scenes drawing activities shape the outcome of every painting that has endured the ages.”
- Update Using Spectrafix Non-Toxic Fixative Spray for Watercolors (The Earth is a Garden & Violet Blooms Cluster Varied Background) 02.22.20“Now, is it just me (cause I just noticed this after I shot this pic, late yesterday evening at last light) that there two very friendly floral “spirits” facing / embracing each other as they come out of the earth-like sphere?”
- Adan’s Fine Art America Images # 7 – The Seine And Quay Beside Notre Dame, Autumn (Paris), Photography circa 2012From archival prints to yoga mats and coffee mugs, see it all here – https://felipeadan-lerma.pixels.com/featured/the-seine-and-quay-beside-notre-dame-autumn-felipe-adan-lerma.html
- Adan’s Fine Art America Images # 6 – A Spray of Wild Onions, Photography circa 2001From archival prints to yoga mats and coffee mugs, see it all here – https://fineartamerica.com/featured/a-spray-of-wild-onions-felipe-adan-lerma.html
- Adan’s Fine Art America Images # 5 – Place Saint Michel Paris, Photography circa 2012From archival prints to yoga mats and coffee mugs, see it all here – https://felipeadan-lerma.pixels.com/featured/place-saint-michel-felipe-adan-lerma.html .
- Painting Update – My Lost Edges and Masking Fluid Ideas 02.18.20This weekend, I reblogged two really interesting articles on the aesthetic or idea of employing lost edges, where the boundaries of given recognizable objects meld into the color space around it (side plane, background, etc). I’d already haphazardly begun working with the idea, wondering if I was off-base to even be considering it, when I … Read more
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html