Been awhile since I’ve done one of my Day Ahead posts, and this seemed a good time 😊
With the holidays nearing a temporary end after New Years, at least till Valentines Day ❤️ I’ve found myself improving on many fronts (health, fitness, art) yet slowly remembering some of those challenges, those of staying fit and actively creating art, lol! 😂 I‘ve become stronger doing stability and yoga classes each of the last two weeks, yet wake up at night w/intense pain in some new part of my legs, despite plenty of protein after exertion, despite more and more stretching. I’ve found and am enjoying incredibly new ways of creating art via both oils and acrylics, esp the latter creating beautiful watercolor effects on canvas I never thought possible (for me), but require more materials, more canvas prep, and, unless I want to glass my canvases, also need to “fix” the image to protect it.
It’d be nice if there was a simple solution in terms of time for staying fit and being creative. And none of that of course fully encapsulates the energy of being mentally and emotionally engaged with another person, not to mention eating and all those other things 😊
Easy to say “that’s life” or “sounds good” or “easy compared to other folks.”
Easy to say because it’s true, yet, as we all really know, isn’t really living it.
The mingling of both what becomes monotony and the unexpected –
– while remaining conscious, centered, of open heart…
Monotony. Well. Gonna happen. Something that – over time – we either become better at deflecting, or deflects us. And then the easy becomes rather uneasy.
It’s the unexpected that requires vigilance and handling.
Preparing for the un-preparable, lol!
True, the unexpected makes for great movies, books, and some walks 😊 It motivates one to stay attentive. Creates texture in our lives – both crinkly and thrilling.
It’s the energy of dealing with the unexpected that’s not easy.
And the more of the unexpected that finds me, the more I have to focus on less things, choosing which are essential to staying healthy, being happy, promoting wonder and curiosity.
And one choice for all circumstances, or one choice for good or all time, or even one way of doing or handling that choice, doesn’t even seem possible. The vastness and movement of our lives seem too complex for that, even if the world and universe around us could stay static. Flat earth. Earth as center of the universe. No other life beyond our skies.
There are, I believe, those times, when planning and molding a pattern into our lives is so beyond us, the only strategy left and the only attitude possible with it, are, at least for me — hope, and faith 💕
Happy holidays everyone. Merry Christmas to all. And a very happy New Year ❤️
Related Amazon Search & Products
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My PhotoPoem Series 😊
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- July 31, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the WaterThe initial goal was to simply select and mark the area for my figure. Then I freely applied Golden’s light molding paste, leaving the selected area for my figure much more level, and forming the paste into potentially vegetative designs as inspiration and malleable ground meshed —
- July 30, 2021 – What a Difference a New Keyboard Makes : LENRICH iPad pro 12.9 case with keyboardThis is an older now discontinued keyboard, but one of the few still available for my IPad Pro 2nd generation model (current model is 5th generation I believe), but I’m impressed with it enough to post about it and (if all continues well) my renewed ease of use not having to use the onscreen keyboard for blog posts, emails etc – that’s a big deal for me, lol! 😊
- July 29, 2021 – Whew! Yesterday Was a Day of Plowing Through, lol!Above is a picture of me November 2019 (notice the weather is warm but hot, finally 😊) and I look just a bit worn out? I’d just climbed the 218 steps to top of Old Baldy near Wimberley Texas! That’s kinda how I felt yesterday, only without as nice a view, lol! I’ll just say that….
- July 28, 2021 – New 25×40 #Acrylic on Canvas In-Progress : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerA chore heat filled day where my keyboard evidently is deciding it’s had it, lol! Hopefully I finish this post 😊 Basically I started the groundwork for my newest painting, acrylic, wanting to settle on my composition before hand, unlike how I handled my just finished watercolor, same size, where I inserted my figure at the end.
- July 27, 2021 – 4 Weeks Running! My Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, Summer is a Lady : #Watercolor on Paper #ContemporaryImpressionismI’m sure I’ve had images repeat as most viewed 4 times in a row, but I wasn’t paying as much attention to that as I try to nowadays 😊 Summer is a Lady continues to simmer atop my selection of photos and artwork and illustrated poetry ♥️
- July 26, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New #Watercolor on Canvas Completed : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerI just took another look at my newly completed painting (above) to try for some settled sentiment I can include for my post, and I do have that – some settled sentiment. I’m still digesting and assimilating what this new work means to me. Though I know it’s incomplete, because I also know this work is more a conscious marker of where I want to head, and feel compelled to head toward, I do have a grasp enough to point out some things that are making themselves more known to me.
- July 25, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New Watercolor on Canvas in-progress, Developing the Right Figure to AddAs you can tell from my top pic, my efforts to progress from my value study and digital studies below are not going great, lol! I take solace from several things —
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html