Hi everyone, just a quick note. Haven’t been able to post this weekend like I’d like ‘cause, well, simply put, I had to choose between posting and being able to take advantage of a rare beauty of a weekend here in Austin with family and art projects 😊
I esp enjoyed spending a morning w/the youngest grandchild applying ideas I got from a watercolor ink combo video and plan to have product review of the video and a pic of the 6 year old’s very fun application of it. Or I should say, what I grasped of this new-to-me application-combo of watercolors and ink drawing – found it really interesting! I’m assuming the ink-wash combo would work w/acrylics, and maybe water soluble oils, but I don’t know enough about this to say for sure.
Update: 01.13.20 – Link to watercolor line/wash review –
Episode 9, Line & Wash, A Whole New Creative Avenue For Me & The 6 Year Old!
After that post, I must do a catching-up post about all my on-going experimental art projects: liquid masking, absorbent ground variations (white opaque, transparent, textured, tinted), watercolor washes, acrylic washes, and water soluble oil redos of partially done older work – a lot. Doesn’t even include readings, videos, walking, SilverSneakers classes, and of course, the 6 year old ❤️
But my health and fitness is gratefully continuing to improve, and my art, well, evolving, lol! 😂 But also, gratefully, keeping me interested!
The pic above is one of several evenings recently that yielded some nice shots! This one’s pixelated and shaky but kinda interesting.
Thanks so much everyone! Stay happily busy when it’s good for you. Then rest! 💕
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- September 21, 2021 – Initial Review of “Breath: The New Science of a Lost Art” by James NestorI’d been doing a day to day posting of a continuing study-sketch project with figures in a watercolor landscape and ran into a time roadblock – grandchild, groceries, fitness (walking, yoga, Essentrics), picking up line art to practice-paint at my printer, etc 😊 and wasn’t able to wiggle any more time to work on that project and write about it, so… I took a deep breath and picked up a book (virtually, via my Kindle Reader, lol!) The editorial reviews often mentioned this read like a novel & my intro and beginning pages already confirm that.
- September 20, 2021 – Dappled Light, “Figures in a Landscape Study” Still Not Done, But, Already a Learning Tool For Me!“Learning Tool for Me” is part of my blog title today simply ’cause I’ve looking at this post as specifically geared to get me where I wanna go – keeping in mind my destination is a generalized abstraction of image / feeling / and intuitive aspiration (hopefully including figurative work) & it’s reached a point of development over my previous renditions that I now need to put my resolve into concrete, hopefully creative, useful thoughts for my future directions. Lot of contradictions. Like life. Like me 😊 Here goes (for now) —
- September 19, 2021 – Dappled Light, “Figures in a Landscape Study” ContinuedJust a quick post updating yesterday’s release showing what I’ve changed/added on to a watercolor on paper I’d 1st posted about on Sept 7th…A bigger factor in today’s image update is the addition of more “white”.
- September 18, 2021 – Dapple Light, My Creative Conundrum and CaldronMy regular readers know I’ve been more and more attracted to the idea of being able to paint dappled light, consciously, and hopefully, eventually more spontaneously. I titled my post to include both “conundrum” – which I kept misspelling til I looked it up 😊 – and “caldron” – which I keep feeling my creative heart and mind are swimming in (over their heads) lol!
- September 17, 2021 – New Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, “Fantasy Walk” : Watercolor on Canvas on Light Molding Paste, #ContemporaryImpressionismSome times, some days, the little things, like the big things, if they are good and hopeful, then they are helpful.
- September 16, 2021 – Reblog(s) : Graham McQuade, Benchmarks 1 & 2 (Acrylic Painting) #figureartThis necessarily (on my part) a short post due to some time constraints, although I should add, Graham’s posts will be a quick read. They’re short, tight with information. What will take a little time, if you notice the time 😊 is….
- September 15, 2021 – Birds at Pfluger Bridge Austin @FineArtAmericaBirds at Pfluger Bridge Austin is an 11×14 oil painting I finished a little over 3 years ago, but never wrote up about individually on my blog. I realized this was the case when I tried to find my WordPress image from an older blog post to include in my most recent post; about birds of course 😊 Why I hadn’t done a post, announcing when I’d uploaded it to Fine Art America is simply that I….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html