Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
Sheltering in place and shaking up my thinking —
I like to read Rob Brezsny‘s Free Will Astrology. Have for years!
It’s fun, positive, always encouraging, sometimes with a sly sense of humor that catches me off guard 😂
For a long time I only read my own sign. I mean, why bother with all those other ones 😊
Then a few years back I added my moon sign’s reading. Lot of times I liked it better than my sun sign reading!
And now, more recently, after reading and thinking about my own sign for a day or two, I go back, start with Aires, and work my way to end, to Pisces. Though, I know some folks feel we should read the wheel the other direction, ‘cause of being on earth. And other folks think we should read ‘em both directions, ‘cause they soul is working down into our bodies (the earth) and our bodies are longing to become like the soul.
Yeah, I’m not that into it 😊
I read mine, then, few days later, when I’m bored, Aires to Pisces. I usually like what Gemini and Leo and Sagittarius say most, in addition to my sun and moon. It’s interesting how I “find” things that click, make sense, for moments within that week’s readings.
And I know I’m liking what I want to hear, but that’s ok.
It’s surprising how often I’d begun to think along those lines. And more surprising when it wakens or reminds me of things I still value, but’d lost sight of. It’s a conversation with myself. Important now, of course, during the virus crisis, but just as often before then. When the crisis was, I’ve realized during our sheltering in place, the day to day.
That’s what, for now, Covid-19 is showing me about myself.
It’s no fun not going out whenever I want, without wipes and gloves and a mask. But it has given us a break from the treadmill, the humdrum, the all too familiar. All too frequent. All too repetitive.
And if I live through this crisis, it’s a lesson I need to review. And remember.
Like the fun way a short positive astrology reminder can do 😊
Stay strong everyone, stay creative – it’s who we are 💕
ps – another example of shaking up my thinking is in my other post today, detailing a little of why I’ve changed the pricing on my prints and gift items at Fine Art America
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
Kirt Tisdale, a photographer I’ve liked for quite awhile was recently featured by a blogger showcasing artists around the country coping with Covid-19. Here’s his post, which links to the blogger with folks from places all over reporting on their experiences – https://thewallgalleryblog.wordpress.com/2020/04/17/views-of-covid-19-across-the-united-states/
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
Note: Each time I post while doing this series (may it be a short series, but if so, for positive reasons 😊), I’ll post one or more links to posts I feel are worth seeing or reading. Some will be COVID-19 specific, some just uplifting, some encouraging via exercise or nutrition etc, but all within the rubric of what we’re all facing tougher ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for Astrology in Books –
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 15, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Bird Friends at Our BalconyGranted, my real life observation of birds is relatively limited, I’ve never seen this before, one Cardinal feeding two! Wonderful really, so amazed at the joy of such a tiny slice of nature ❤️ To say it’s adorable seems nearly a cliche, but adorable it is!
- May 14, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, First Bird to Visit Our New Balcony Brings a FriendAdding on to yesterday’s pic of our 1st bird visitor to our new balcony at our new location is, I assume 😊, the same little bird, but with a friend, her red feathered boy cardinal I think! The expressions, I think, are priceless!
- May 13, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, First Bird to Visit Our Balcony in Our New LocationA simple pic tonight, a simple mingling of sentiments – innocence, curiosity, hunger….
- May 13, 2021 – Our #1 Learned Lesson This Move : Number the Boxes and Make a Digital List!“Such a simple idea, and Sheila says she’s either read or heard something similar, but only occurred to me this morning searching for random items I must’ve stuffed into a box with other stuff and now can’t find them – number each box, make a list of….”
- May 12, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, A Little Water in Barton Creek“…here goes a short quickshot pictorial of my 1st probe of the nearest Austin nature area new to us, one we’ve never explored before; all done yesterday evening at the last moment.”
- May 12, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Map for Barton Creek Greenbelt Near Us via Google Maps“…here goes a short quickshot pictorial of my 1st probe of the nearest Austin nature area new to us, one we’ve never explored before; all done yesterday evening at the last moment.”
- May 11, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Absorbing Nature“…here goes a short quickshot pictorial of my 1st probe of the nearest Austin nature area new to us, one we’ve never explored before; all done yesterday evening at the last moment.”
Thanks again, everyone! 😊