Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
Sheltering in place and shaking up my thinking —
I like to read Rob Brezsny‘s Free Will Astrology. Have for years!
It’s fun, positive, always encouraging, sometimes with a sly sense of humor that catches me off guard 😂
For a long time I only read my own sign. I mean, why bother with all those other ones 😊
Then a few years back I added my moon sign’s reading. Lot of times I liked it better than my sun sign reading!
And now, more recently, after reading and thinking about my own sign for a day or two, I go back, start with Aires, and work my way to end, to Pisces. Though, I know some folks feel we should read the wheel the other direction, ‘cause of being on earth. And other folks think we should read ‘em both directions, ‘cause they soul is working down into our bodies (the earth) and our bodies are longing to become like the soul.
Yeah, I’m not that into it 😊
I read mine, then, few days later, when I’m bored, Aires to Pisces. I usually like what Gemini and Leo and Sagittarius say most, in addition to my sun and moon. It’s interesting how I “find” things that click, make sense, for moments within that week’s readings.
And I know I’m liking what I want to hear, but that’s ok.
It’s surprising how often I’d begun to think along those lines. And more surprising when it wakens or reminds me of things I still value, but’d lost sight of. It’s a conversation with myself. Important now, of course, during the virus crisis, but just as often before then. When the crisis was, I’ve realized during our sheltering in place, the day to day.
That’s what, for now, Covid-19 is showing me about myself.
It’s no fun not going out whenever I want, without wipes and gloves and a mask. But it has given us a break from the treadmill, the humdrum, the all too familiar. All too frequent. All too repetitive.
And if I live through this crisis, it’s a lesson I need to review. And remember.
Like the fun way a short positive astrology reminder can do 😊
Stay strong everyone, stay creative – it’s who we are 💕
ps – another example of shaking up my thinking is in my other post today, detailing a little of why I’ve changed the pricing on my prints and gift items at Fine Art America
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
Kirt Tisdale, a photographer I’ve liked for quite awhile was recently featured by a blogger showcasing artists around the country coping with Covid-19. Here’s his post, which links to the blogger with folks from places all over reporting on their experiences – https://thewallgalleryblog.wordpress.com/2020/04/17/views-of-covid-19-across-the-united-states/
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
Note: Each time I post while doing this series (may it be a short series, but if so, for positive reasons 😊), I’ll post one or more links to posts I feel are worth seeing or reading. Some will be COVID-19 specific, some just uplifting, some encouraging via exercise or nutrition etc, but all within the rubric of what we’re all facing tougher ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for Astrology in Books –
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- July 04, 2022 – Happy 4th of July! 🇺🇸Very little to say and so much to feel and think about this great country of ours.
- July 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “We Are the United States of America” : circa 2016 #DigitalPosterIronic, or simply apropos, seeing as tomorrow is the 4th of July, America’s anniversary birthday, my poster from 2016, “We Are the United States of America” was most viewed this past week on Fine Art America ❤️
- July 02, 2022 – #CrescentMoon at Sunset, Austin TexasI hoped, in yesterday’s post, I might be able to post this sunset off our balcony – a crescent moon floating above the sea of crimson orange air – and am so glad I could 🙏
- July 01, 2022 – Our First Pigeon at Our New Place Shows Up for Food, Atop Our New Ivy ScreenSheila and I’ve gotten to experience several 1st’s since moving into The LadyBird here in Austin, so it was specially nice when two 1st’s joined to make a memorable image through our window –
- June 30, 2022 – My Art and Prints on Special Sale At Primal Gallery 4th of July Weekend!Primal Gallery 4th of July sale! Including both my art work and posters 😊
- June 29, 2022 – Someone Very Glad to See Us Today!As per yesterday, still very exhausted feeling, but Sheila & I both beginning to also feel the move-fatigue to our new place is slowly being replaced by relief fatigue….
- June 28, 2022 – Record # of 100 Degree Days in June. Then it Rained….This evening ( Monday, June 27, 2022 ) here in Austin, we broke the all-time record for number of days 100 degrees or more – and – the clouds and rain and cooler air swept through and we dared open the blinds and step outside before 10 pm, lol!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊