Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
Jane Goodall & Earth Day April 22, 2020
Today’s Covid-19 post is a little different in format, being a review of an article I saw earlier today and just got to read.
It also celebrates Earth Day, and CNET’s article does a good job of encompassing both topics, with a really nice of string of photos showing Jane through the years – always consistent – a redundancy worth repeating, lol! 😊
I’m only presenting one of the images, the earliest shown, then giving a few excerpts.
This is a superb article, bringing into focus our interconnectedness, as a species and life among, and how we were warned, quite some time ago, what might happen if we didn’t respect that interconnectedness.
But even more importantly, that there is still much hope ❤️
“Jane Goodall says coronavirus arose from our disrespect for nature”
Q. Why do you think our mistreatment of animals and the environment paved the way for COVID-19?
It’s because we disregard our place in the natural world and we disrespect the environment and animals that COVID-19 happened…. (goes into some nice details)
If you don’t give up, you will find a way. I also help young activists with my group called Jane Goodall’s Roots and Shoots program, where they can choose projects that help the environment and animals. It began with 12 high school students in Tanzania in 1991, and it’s now in 65 countries….
Without hope there’s no point in continuing on. If the nurses didn’t hope they could save COVID-19 patients, they wouldn’t be risking their lives…. (more examples of hope are given)
The article includes the trailer for Jane’s National Geographic special 😊
Every creative act is an act of hope ❤️
Keep hope everyone! We’re all in it together! 💕
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
I did a quick search seeing if anything related to Jane’s article was recent, and this came up – “Link between factory-farmed animals, COVID-19 and preventing the next pandemic” – it’s comprehensive in its scope but not overly long and the concepts and steps reasonably laid out – https://thehill.com/opinion/energy-environment/493811-link-between-factory-farmed-animals-covid-10-and-preventing-the . It’s presented by The Hill as an opinion piece and well present I thought!
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
Note: Each time I post while doing this series (may it be a short series, but if so, for positive reasons), I’ll post one or more links to posts I feel are worth seeing or reading. Some will be COVID-19 specific, some just uplifting, some encouraging via exercise or nutrition etc, but all within the rubric of what we’re all facing tougher ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- August 03, 2021 – Working a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the Water, Refining the Figure, Developing the BackgroundI wanted to do more on this but things are happening re Covid, in my life. I’ll have more on this very soon – nothing w/me or family here in Austin (despite horrid #s lately), but nearby, also here in Texas. Wonderful how fluid and flexible art is, giving us challenges one day, inspiration on another, and solace even when needed.
- August 02, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the Water, 1st Figure Lay-inI included my most recent updated image from a post a few days ago further below. Besides the figure work (not yet complete), you can see where I continued to rework the area around the figure, setting her off more completely.
- August 01, 2021 – Some Interruptions in Life are BlessingsJust back from an incredible trip to the Galapagos west of Ecuador, wife & I got the opportunity to have the youngest grandchild over. This is from our mid-morning walk in warm dappled light ❤️ I only wish I’d realized the value of this with our own children more fully…
- July 31, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the WaterThe initial goal was to simply select and mark the area for my figure. Then I freely applied Golden’s light molding paste, leaving the selected area for my figure much more level, and forming the paste into potentially vegetative designs as inspiration and malleable ground meshed —
- July 30, 2021 – What a Difference a New Keyboard Makes : LENRICH iPad pro 12.9 case with keyboardThis is an older now discontinued keyboard, but one of the few still available for my IPad Pro 2nd generation model (current model is 5th generation I believe), but I’m impressed with it enough to post about it and (if all continues well) my renewed ease of use not having to use the onscreen keyboard for blog posts, emails etc – that’s a big deal for me, lol! 😊
- July 29, 2021 – Whew! Yesterday Was a Day of Plowing Through, lol!Above is a picture of me November 2019 (notice the weather is warm but hot, finally 😊) and I look just a bit worn out? I’d just climbed the 218 steps to top of Old Baldy near Wimberley Texas! That’s kinda how I felt yesterday, only without as nice a view, lol! I’ll just say that….
- July 28, 2021 – New 25×40 #Acrylic on Canvas In-Progress : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerA chore heat filled day where my keyboard evidently is deciding it’s had it, lol! Hopefully I finish this post 😊 Basically I started the groundwork for my newest painting, acrylic, wanting to settle on my composition before hand, unlike how I handled my just finished watercolor, same size, where I inserted my figure at the end.
Thanks again, everyone! 😊