Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
Jane Goodall & Earth Day April 22, 2020
Today’s Covid-19 post is a little different in format, being a review of an article I saw earlier today and just got to read.
It also celebrates Earth Day, and CNET’s article does a good job of encompassing both topics, with a really nice of string of photos showing Jane through the years – always consistent – a redundancy worth repeating, lol! 😊
I’m only presenting one of the images, the earliest shown, then giving a few excerpts.
This is a superb article, bringing into focus our interconnectedness, as a species and life among, and how we were warned, quite some time ago, what might happen if we didn’t respect that interconnectedness.
But even more importantly, that there is still much hope ❤️
“Jane Goodall says coronavirus arose from our disrespect for nature”
Q. Why do you think our mistreatment of animals and the environment paved the way for COVID-19?
It’s because we disregard our place in the natural world and we disrespect the environment and animals that COVID-19 happened…. (goes into some nice details)
If you don’t give up, you will find a way. I also help young activists with my group called Jane Goodall’s Roots and Shoots program, where they can choose projects that help the environment and animals. It began with 12 high school students in Tanzania in 1991, and it’s now in 65 countries….
Without hope there’s no point in continuing on. If the nurses didn’t hope they could save COVID-19 patients, they wouldn’t be risking their lives…. (more examples of hope are given)
The article includes the trailer for Jane’s National Geographic special 😊
Every creative act is an act of hope ❤️
Keep hope everyone! We’re all in it together! 💕
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
I did a quick search seeing if anything related to Jane’s article was recent, and this came up – “Link between factory-farmed animals, COVID-19 and preventing the next pandemic” – it’s comprehensive in its scope but not overly long and the concepts and steps reasonably laid out – https://thehill.com/opinion/energy-environment/493811-link-between-factory-farmed-animals-covid-10-and-preventing-the . It’s presented by The Hill as an opinion piece and well present I thought!
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
Note: Each time I post while doing this series (may it be a short series, but if so, for positive reasons), I’ll post one or more links to posts I feel are worth seeing or reading. Some will be COVID-19 specific, some just uplifting, some encouraging via exercise or nutrition etc, but all within the rubric of what we’re all facing tougher ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 17, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Morning View Walk in a Light RainI left off our car at a shop we’re trying out near our place for numerous routine minor stuff and walked the short distance back. Luckily I had an umbrella….
- May 16, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, After a Light Rain Barton CreekIt didn’t rain heavy, but it did rain off and on steadily, lol! And more of the same, some heavier, might come our way next 3 days or so. There was just enough rocks still above water I could walk out and….
- May 15, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Bird Friends at Our BalconyGranted, my real life observation of birds is relatively limited, I’ve never seen this before, one Cardinal feeding two! Wonderful really, so amazed at the joy of such a tiny slice of nature ❤️ To say it’s adorable seems nearly a cliche, but adorable it is!
- May 14, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, First Bird to Visit Our New Balcony Brings a FriendAdding on to yesterday’s pic of our 1st bird visitor to our new balcony at our new location is, I assume 😊, the same little bird, but with a friend, her red feathered boy cardinal I think! The expressions, I think, are priceless!
- May 13, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, First Bird to Visit Our Balcony in Our New LocationA simple pic tonight, a simple mingling of sentiments – innocence, curiosity, hunger….
- May 13, 2021 – Our #1 Learned Lesson This Move : Number the Boxes and Make a Digital List!“Such a simple idea, and Sheila says she’s either read or heard something similar, but only occurred to me this morning searching for random items I must’ve stuffed into a box with other stuff and now can’t find them – number each box, make a list of….”
- May 12, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, A Little Water in Barton Creek“…here goes a short quickshot pictorial of my 1st probe of the nearest Austin nature area new to us, one we’ve never explored before; all done yesterday evening at the last moment.”
Thanks again, everyone! 😊