Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
Jane Goodall & Earth Day April 22, 2020
Today’s Covid-19 post is a little different in format, being a review of an article I saw earlier today and just got to read.
It also celebrates Earth Day, and CNET’s article does a good job of encompassing both topics, with a really nice of string of photos showing Jane through the years – always consistent – a redundancy worth repeating, lol! 😊
I’m only presenting one of the images, the earliest shown, then giving a few excerpts.
This is a superb article, bringing into focus our interconnectedness, as a species and life among, and how we were warned, quite some time ago, what might happen if we didn’t respect that interconnectedness.
But even more importantly, that there is still much hope ❤️
“Jane Goodall says coronavirus arose from our disrespect for nature”
Q. Why do you think our mistreatment of animals and the environment paved the way for COVID-19?
It’s because we disregard our place in the natural world and we disrespect the environment and animals that COVID-19 happened…. (goes into some nice details)
If you don’t give up, you will find a way. I also help young activists with my group called Jane Goodall’s Roots and Shoots program, where they can choose projects that help the environment and animals. It began with 12 high school students in Tanzania in 1991, and it’s now in 65 countries….
Without hope there’s no point in continuing on. If the nurses didn’t hope they could save COVID-19 patients, they wouldn’t be risking their lives…. (more examples of hope are given)
The article includes the trailer for Jane’s National Geographic special 😊
Every creative act is an act of hope ❤️
Keep hope everyone! We’re all in it together! 💕
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
I did a quick search seeing if anything related to Jane’s article was recent, and this came up – “Link between factory-farmed animals, COVID-19 and preventing the next pandemic” – it’s comprehensive in its scope but not overly long and the concepts and steps reasonably laid out – https://thehill.com/opinion/energy-environment/493811-link-between-factory-farmed-animals-covid-10-and-preventing-the . It’s presented by The Hill as an opinion piece and well present I thought!
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
Note: Each time I post while doing this series (may it be a short series, but if so, for positive reasons), I’ll post one or more links to posts I feel are worth seeing or reading. Some will be COVID-19 specific, some just uplifting, some encouraging via exercise or nutrition etc, but all within the rubric of what we’re all facing tougher ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- February 25, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Is It a Wrap?Is our #TexasFreeze winter storm over? A wrap? Done and ready to be forgotten?
- February 24, 2021 – The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number I.2.1 – with CommentaryI’ve no real idea if this is common, a little common, or just plain uncommon, lol, to other artists.
- February 23, 2021 – Texas Hill Country November – circa 2021 Watercolor – Adan’s PhotoPoemsThough an abstract, I think one of the things I like best about Texas Hill Country November, is it captures a little of the sense of the authentic the Texas landscaped outside….
- February 22, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Power is On, Water is Running, Boil Ban is Canceled, and – I Shaved!It’s hard to express the relief in again having the taken-for-granted luxury of running water, power to heat and cool our air and bodies, and being able to stand with family, even if for a short time, even if we knew we’d all four had to have been social distancing / masking – even if out doors in our relatively fresh Austin city air.
- February 21, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Hope is a Wet Blue Line and One Brave Bird in a TreeMy apologies for the break in communication continuity since yesterday morning – it’s been a rough but promising ride, and, I got my own answer as to how come the phrase/idea, “Why the Caged Bird Sings” has always appealed to me 😊
- February 20, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Possible Light End of A Cold TunnelThe Texas Tribune has lots of articles examining both the overall and details of this disaster. A major component, as voiced from different directions, is cost —
- February 19, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, The Light in the ColdThe Texas Tribune has lots of articles examining both the overall and details of this disaster. A major component, as voiced from different directions, is cost —
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html