Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
Spotlight on Chinese White via Windsor Newton
Another short post like yesterday’s, lots of knick knack stuff plus taking advantage of long morning and evening walks that bookended another 90+ degree day! Had hope to have more info on the youngest girl’s bilingual presentation of her illustrated children’s book, Skydancer, but hopefully tomorrow 😊
Today, didn’t get to paint, but did spot some nifty pics I liked plus a few articles (museums having a tough time!), but wanted to share this 3 minute read from Windsor Newton re the color Chinese White 🎨
Because I’ve been experimenting with watercolor for a few months now, and “evidently” there’s a difference of opinion if one should use white or not in watercolor, I thought this might be a good read. Plus it’s presented as a 3 minute read, lol!
The short post packs a lot of interesting history about its development as a color, including an impressive list of artists “way” back who 1st starting using it 😊
Keeping the faith art is my way ❤️
Stay well everyone!
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
Greta Olivas, an artist I’ve personally known here in Austin for a few decades, has continued to blossom with her abstract art. I’ve been able to link-suggest several artists in this spot in my Covid series, and hope you’ll take a look at her About page, and then take a look at her creative work 👩🎤
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
Note: Each time I post while doing this series (may it be a short series, but if so, for positive reasons), I’ll post one or more links to posts I feel are worth seeing or reading. Some will be COVID-19 specific, some just uplifting, some encouraging via exercise or nutrition etc, but all within the rubric of what we’re all facing tougher ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- July 05, 2022 – Small But Welcome 4th of July Celebrations from Our New Location at #TheLadyBird #AustinTexasThat I’m running late with today’s blog post is a bit of an understatement, it being 1/2 past 11 and nearly Wednesday! But Sheila and I stayed up late a bit, enjoying peeks of fireworks and seeing folks enjoying being able to ( mostly, but not everywhere : Chicago parade shooting ) be out –
- July 04, 2022 – Happy 4th of July! 🇺🇸Very little to say and so much to feel and think about this great country of ours.
- July 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “We Are the United States of America” : circa 2016 #DigitalPosterIronic, or simply apropos, seeing as tomorrow is the 4th of July, America’s anniversary birthday, my poster from 2016, “We Are the United States of America” was most viewed this past week on Fine Art America ❤️
- July 02, 2022 – #CrescentMoon at Sunset, Austin TexasI hoped, in yesterday’s post, I might be able to post this sunset off our balcony – a crescent moon floating above the sea of crimson orange air – and am so glad I could 🙏
- July 01, 2022 – Our First Pigeon at Our New Place Shows Up for Food, Atop Our New Ivy ScreenSheila and I’ve gotten to experience several 1st’s since moving into The LadyBird here in Austin, so it was specially nice when two 1st’s joined to make a memorable image through our window –
- June 30, 2022 – My Art and Prints on Special Sale At Primal Gallery 4th of July Weekend!Primal Gallery 4th of July sale! Including both my art work and posters 😊
- June 29, 2022 – Someone Very Glad to See Us Today!As per yesterday, still very exhausted feeling, but Sheila & I both beginning to also feel the move-fatigue to our new place is slowly being replaced by relief fatigue….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html