Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
Spotlight on Chinese White via Windsor Newton
Another short post like yesterday’s, lots of knick knack stuff plus taking advantage of long morning and evening walks that bookended another 90+ degree day! Had hope to have more info on the youngest girl’s bilingual presentation of her illustrated children’s book, Skydancer, but hopefully tomorrow 😊
Today, didn’t get to paint, but did spot some nifty pics I liked plus a few articles (museums having a tough time!), but wanted to share this 3 minute read from Windsor Newton re the color Chinese White 🎨
Because I’ve been experimenting with watercolor for a few months now, and “evidently” there’s a difference of opinion if one should use white or not in watercolor, I thought this might be a good read. Plus it’s presented as a 3 minute read, lol!
The short post packs a lot of interesting history about its development as a color, including an impressive list of artists “way” back who 1st starting using it 😊
Keeping the faith art is my way ❤️
Stay well everyone!
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
Greta Olivas, an artist I’ve personally known here in Austin for a few decades, has continued to blossom with her abstract art. I’ve been able to link-suggest several artists in this spot in my Covid series, and hope you’ll take a look at her About page, and then take a look at her creative work 👩🎤
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
Note: Each time I post while doing this series (may it be a short series, but if so, for positive reasons), I’ll post one or more links to posts I feel are worth seeing or reading. Some will be COVID-19 specific, some just uplifting, some encouraging via exercise or nutrition etc, but all within the rubric of what we’re all facing tougher ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 15, 2021 – Placing a Few More WordAds in My Posts, For NowJust a quick post to let folks know I’ll have a few more WordAds in my posts. I’ve had one or so at or near the bottom of my posts, now I’ll also have one or more in the sidebar.
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.17.2“Arturo had arrived along this stretch of the Mediterranean with Rosetta less than a year ago….”
- January 14, 2021 – Grande Roue de Paris Night, Photography circa 2012, Adan’s PhotoPoemsGrande Roue de Paris Night, Photography – Adan’s PhotoPoems, “Reaching into the heights of night….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.17.1“Freshly bathed and dressed in the deep blues of the ocean night nearby, Arturo entered the main ballroom reserved for art shows, weddings, graduations, conventions, and political gatherings. Almost anything anyone could pay or trade for.”
- January 13, 2021 – Monet’s Garden April Rain in Giverny, Photo to Oil to Watercolors through Three Decades, Part 5 – (Non-Professional) Challenges Photographing Painting NuancesYesterday I posted a couple of my watercolor renditions of my mini-Monet’s Garden series of posts, but was immediately unhappy with how one of the two appeared on screen.
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.16.2“At the entrance to the grande fortress hotel, set from the beach to midway up the rough hill facing the ocean….”
- January 12, 2021 – Monet’s Garden April Rain in Giverny, Photo to Oil to Watercolors through Three Decades, Part 4 – Learning Lessons Doing Repetition VariationsPreviously, in Part 3 of this mini series, I showcased my 1st watercolor (seen below) keyed off an original oil of 2001, itself keyed off an original photo of the same year.
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html