Yesterday’s 2nd post was a sad look at our ongoing free and power problems, so here’s a bit of typical Texas humor surfacing from the ice here in Texas 😊
Power is coming back on for lot of folks here in Austin. El Paso, Sheila told me, was wise enough not to go “private” and unanswerable to those “Feds” and had plenty of power via our country’s shared Western Grid.
And one of our Texas senators was able to catch a flight, with police escort, to Mexico.
Those 3 links above should give folks a general overview 😯
And anyone who’s followed the above Senator’s remarks about “Mexicans” know the wry humor in that 😏
And some darn outright good reminders ’bout Mexicans and their history (one of my ancestral lines!)
Plus, some Texas humor – yes, we need it! 😊
And one last reminder, this didn’t need to happen —
Touch or tap tweets above to like, share, and or view.
Hopefully later today I can post a few pics or videos of more snow falling this morning ❤️
Stay warm everyone. The Texas summer’s coming 😯 😊
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for Winter Scenes –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- February 26, 2021 – Day After Our 1st of 2 Covid Shots + Info re 2nd ShotThe young lady above fared fairly well 1st day after our 1st of 2 Moderna Covid shots 😊 A sore arm, a little tired, but able and willing to do today’s SilverSneakers Cardio class! Me? Well 😏
- February 25, 2021 – Got Our 1st of 2 Covid Shots Today!Reposting my FB post here…And a bit more info in general below my pic 😊
- February 25, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Is It a Wrap?Is our #TexasFreeze winter storm over? A wrap? Done and ready to be forgotten?
- February 24, 2021 – The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number I.2.1 – with CommentaryI’ve no real idea if this is common, a little common, or just plain uncommon, lol, to other artists.
- February 23, 2021 – Texas Hill Country November – circa 2021 Watercolor – Adan’s PhotoPoemsThough an abstract, I think one of the things I like best about Texas Hill Country November, is it captures a little of the sense of the authentic the Texas landscaped outside….
- February 22, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Power is On, Water is Running, Boil Ban is Canceled, and – I Shaved!It’s hard to express the relief in again having the taken-for-granted luxury of running water, power to heat and cool our air and bodies, and being able to stand with family, even if for a short time, even if we knew we’d all four had to have been social distancing / masking – even if out doors in our relatively fresh Austin city air.
- February 21, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Hope is a Wet Blue Line and One Brave Bird in a TreeMy apologies for the break in communication continuity since yesterday morning – it’s been a rough but promising ride, and, I got my own answer as to how come the phrase/idea, “Why the Caged Bird Sings” has always appealed to me 😊
Thanks again, everyone! 😊