Yesterday’s 2nd post was a sad look at our ongoing free and power problems, so here’s a bit of typical Texas humor surfacing from the ice here in Texas 😊
Power is coming back on for lot of folks here in Austin. El Paso, Sheila told me, was wise enough not to go “private” and unanswerable to those “Feds” and had plenty of power via our country’s shared Western Grid.
And one of our Texas senators was able to catch a flight, with police escort, to Mexico.
Those 3 links above should give folks a general overview 😯
And anyone who’s followed the above Senator’s remarks about “Mexicans” know the wry humor in that 😏
And some darn outright good reminders ’bout Mexicans and their history (one of my ancestral lines!)
Plus, some Texas humor – yes, we need it! 😊
And one last reminder, this didn’t need to happen —
Touch or tap tweets above to like, share, and or view.
Hopefully later today I can post a few pics or videos of more snow falling this morning ❤️
Stay warm everyone. The Texas summer’s coming 😯 😊
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for Winter Scenes –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 17, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Morning View Walk in a Light RainI left off our car at a shop we’re trying out near our place for numerous routine minor stuff and walked the short distance back. Luckily I had an umbrella….
- May 16, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, After a Light Rain Barton CreekIt didn’t rain heavy, but it did rain off and on steadily, lol! And more of the same, some heavier, might come our way next 3 days or so. There was just enough rocks still above water I could walk out and….
- May 15, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Bird Friends at Our BalconyGranted, my real life observation of birds is relatively limited, I’ve never seen this before, one Cardinal feeding two! Wonderful really, so amazed at the joy of such a tiny slice of nature ❤️ To say it’s adorable seems nearly a cliche, but adorable it is!
- May 14, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, First Bird to Visit Our New Balcony Brings a FriendAdding on to yesterday’s pic of our 1st bird visitor to our new balcony at our new location is, I assume 😊, the same little bird, but with a friend, her red feathered boy cardinal I think! The expressions, I think, are priceless!
- May 13, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, First Bird to Visit Our Balcony in Our New LocationA simple pic tonight, a simple mingling of sentiments – innocence, curiosity, hunger….
- May 13, 2021 – Our #1 Learned Lesson This Move : Number the Boxes and Make a Digital List!“Such a simple idea, and Sheila says she’s either read or heard something similar, but only occurred to me this morning searching for random items I must’ve stuffed into a box with other stuff and now can’t find them – number each box, make a list of….”
- May 12, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, A Little Water in Barton Creek“…here goes a short quickshot pictorial of my 1st probe of the nearest Austin nature area new to us, one we’ve never explored before; all done yesterday evening at the last moment.”
Thanks again, everyone! 😊