It had to happen, lol! I had to finally apply my new line art with wash coloring style to one of my writings and I figured, well, my volleyball poem series has about seven titles, so they’d be a good one to create alternative choice imaging for! 😊
Affinity Photo provides plenty of layers and layer options (most of which I don’t know how to use yet), so the program, I can tell, will and does work fine for my current purposes, barely 😏 😂 There is a full fledged manual coming out later this year for the iPad version (what I have) from an author / user (Frank Walters) of the software who’s reviews for the desktop version software are really good.
Below is the screen shot of one of my final versions for this rendition of Volleyball Setter.
At this point I’m literally randomly trying out effects, sometimes remembering enough to recreate them as needed, and just as often not remembering how, or why, lol!
An up-to date clear manual would be invaluable!
At this point, because the 1st design, with the deeper blues and photo of one of my granddaughters and high-flying volleyball, lets me inset each new poem fairly easily without much change to the background or ball or granddaughter’s image, means I’ll probably do the rest of our volleyball poem series on this design 1st.
The second design, this new softer line art with wash rendition, requires me to (if I want text clarity) to manually erase and/or keep portions of the outline of my granddaughter’s silhouette as needed to let the text read clearly.
Since each individual volleyball poem is (by definition) different, then differing portions of the line work will need to be tweaked. That’ll take time, so that series will come after the 1st series I think.
Meanwhile, if any readers would like to give their comments on to preference between the two, and why – whether vague or detailed, I’d love to hear them.
I myself have my druthers about both versions, but they’re each their own thing now.
And I’d probably always keep both, once they’re all created.
But, well, I need the feedback ☺️
Stay well everyone!
Our packing and sorting is getting ragged, so harder and harder to do actual painting. Part of why I’m probably leaning into the digital art so much for now – easier to stop/start than wet pigments etc. I’m guessing once the move is finally done (and sorta settled) I’ll be “really” ready to push pigment around again 😊
ps – I’m even doing a little reading ‘tween exhaustions, lol! Pecking at How to Paint Like Turner late at night before sleep 😴
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for Affinity Photo Workbooks –
Please tap tweet above to like, share or see workbook 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- April 11, 2021 – Poetry Titles and Covers That Caught my Eye on AmazonI was tweeting some poetry titles I’d found & liked on Amazon and thought, a short tweet string of some of these might be interesting….
- April 10, 2021 – Interesting Tweets This WeekBelow are random tweets I liked for some reason – uplifting, funny, inspiring, informative, hopeful, pretty..something good or encouraging at the least 😊
- April 09, 2021 – Volleyball Blocker Poster, My Newest #Sports Gift Upload @FineArtAmericaQuick post to let folks know the 3rd of my seven Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Blocker, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items!
- April 09, 2021 – Reading “How to Paint Like Turner” – Stirring Vestiges Inside Me I’d Almost Forgotten or Thrown AwayI bought this book because it has good reviews re seeing “how” JMW Turner evolved – his whole artistic life it appears – as an artist absorbed in the creative process.
- April 08, 2021 – Volleyball Poster, My Newest #Sports Gift Upload @FineArtAmericaAfter only having Volleyball Setter Poster available for a long time, I’ve finally begun uploading my full Volleyball sports poetry series, beginning with Volleyball Poster, onto Fine Art America! Additional Volleyball titles….
- April 07, 2021 – Volleyball Setter Poster 2 : Poetry, Line Art and Digital WashIt had to happen, lol! I had to finally apply my new line art with wash coloring style to one of my writings and I figured, well, my volleyball poem series has about seven titles, so they’d be a good one to create alternative choice imaging for! 😊
- April 06, 2021 – My Most Viewed Image This Week @FineArtAmerica, Inspiring Gift Writing, “Radiology Technologist”Radiology Technologist is my newest “most viewed” for a one week period at Fine Art America! 😊
Thanks again, everyone! 😊