Now that we’ve had our bird feeder up a few months at our new location, we’ve come across a wider variety of birds (and other critters) and’ve been working at grabbing shots of birds in motion I might could use for sketches and such 🦅
I’ve included small winged lines of birds in many of my paintings, and even have a favored oil of birds on a lamp post, an image I’ve had on Fine Art America but for some reason never posted about here; have to correct that some time 😊 —
And I’ve even used a photograph on a poster; this one an image I’ve used extensively here on my site –
But taking multiple quick still shots, and then video, and now 4K video on my iPhone(XR), I’m seeing all kinds of stuff, lol!
Some parts, like a squirrel trying to commandeer the bird’s feeder (unsuccessfully), not as desirable on our part, lol; but a heck of a sight to see!
And the 4K video does seem to make a difference, as seen by the side by side below —
From the little I’m learning, 4K has 4 times the pixel info as HD (8 vs 2 thousand pixels?), plus I used 60 frames per second (fps) with the 4K vs 30fps with my normal video.
I should add, the pigeons and cardinals and chickadeas that’ve been frequenting the feeder don’t have any problem with the squirrels rummaging along the balcony floor (we do! 😊) but on their feeder, disrupting their balance – yeah, that’s a BIG no-no, lol!
Further along, I want to be able to grab even more nuanced figure shots in movement; though, admittedly, I need to just plain get better at painting them (figures). Still. Being able to grab a nuanced shot of say, the 8 year old, in one of his trademark contorted I’m-having-a-blast jumps in the air as he walks, well – if I can do that and continue improving painting figures, yeah, that’ll be nice ❤️
Take care everyone! 💕
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “birds” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- August 13, 2022 – My 1st Back to Back SilverSneakers 45 Minute Zoom Classes : Circuit and Yoga!!What’s particularly nice and that I really like about how SilverSneakers has their class info organized, is that one can do nearly any kind of search top of their class listings page….
- August 12, 2022 – Texas TOD ( Tourist Orientated Designation ) Sign Go-Fund-Me for #PrimalGalleryDSExpanding on yesterday’s post, there’s a well-deserved much-needed Go Fund Me for a gallery I’m showing in – Primal Gallery! Joe the owner literally built his gallery from the ground up….
- August 11, 2022 – Aging Gracefully, Riding the Tide of a Busy DayHad wanted to write about a well-deserved much-needed Go Fund Me for a gallery I’m showing in ( Primal Gallery ), but….
- August 10, 2022 – A Beginner’s ( Layman’s ) View : Today’s #Inflation Report on #Food and #EnergyI came across several good articles, and felt The Hilll’s piece particularly well balanced and thoughtful, and, unlike as has been the case with many complex subjects, like the economy and climate and clean energy, not initially headline-presented in over-cheerily words.
- August 09, 2022 – Revisiting #FestivalBeachFoodForest with Max the 9-Year OldAnd while Max helped with some watering, I asked Karen about a bright berry cluster in a small tree the morning light was glowing on —
- August 08, 2022 – Bingo! At #TheLadyBird’s 55+ Residences #AustinTexasAfter a full day of live online SilverSneakers exercise classes, painting…and of course Sheila’s wonderful meals – Sheila and I, plus the 9 year old and his mom, had a good old-fashioned Bingo bash, lol! ❤️
- August 07, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week (again) @FineArtAmerica, “Walking in Light” : circa 2021Having reappeared last week as my most viewed image on Fine Art America last week – after also being most viewed late last year ( 2021 ) – “Walking in Light” has again surfaced as my most viewed this 1st week of August 2022!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊