Now that we’ve had our bird feeder up a few months at our new location, we’ve come across a wider variety of birds (and other critters) and’ve been working at grabbing shots of birds in motion I might could use for sketches and such 🦅
I’ve included small winged lines of birds in many of my paintings, and even have a favored oil of birds on a lamp post, an image I’ve had on Fine Art America but for some reason never posted about here; have to correct that some time 😊 —
And I’ve even used a photograph on a poster; this one an image I’ve used extensively here on my site –
But taking multiple quick still shots, and then video, and now 4K video on my iPhone(XR), I’m seeing all kinds of stuff, lol!
Some parts, like a squirrel trying to commandeer the bird’s feeder (unsuccessfully), not as desirable on our part, lol; but a heck of a sight to see!
And the 4K video does seem to make a difference, as seen by the side by side below —
From the little I’m learning, 4K has 4 times the pixel info as HD (8 vs 2 thousand pixels?), plus I used 60 frames per second (fps) with the 4K vs 30fps with my normal video.
I should add, the pigeons and cardinals and chickadeas that’ve been frequenting the feeder don’t have any problem with the squirrels rummaging along the balcony floor (we do! 😊) but on their feeder, disrupting their balance – yeah, that’s a BIG no-no, lol!
Further along, I want to be able to grab even more nuanced figure shots in movement; though, admittedly, I need to just plain get better at painting them (figures). Still. Being able to grab a nuanced shot of say, the 8 year old, in one of his trademark contorted I’m-having-a-blast jumps in the air as he walks, well – if I can do that and continue improving painting figures, yeah, that’ll be nice ❤️
Take care everyone! 💕
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “birds” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- October 24, 2021 – My Most Viewed Image This Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Arm Chair View Paris, an early #watercolor #blackandwhite #figureart circa Sept 2020An interesting most viewed results on my Fine Art America site this past viewing period — Plus, as surprising, was the fact 4 of my top 6 most viewed images were Paris themed, 2 of the remainder were also from places we’ve visited (New York & Vermont), followed by most viewed “period” of an Austin pink sunset 😊 On top of that I’ve apparently never included an image of Arm Chair View Paris in one of my blog posts before! Well we’re remedying that here now ❤️
- October 23, 2021 – New #Acrylic Upload @FineArtAmerica – Mother and ChildIt’s been quite a development for this painting, growing from an idea of a previous work with a less defined at the time unrealized depiction of a younger and older person. Probably the most important development is my own realization of that development, lol! Frankly, though I often saw a realization-glimpse of that sort even from my 20s about my art, and maybe as a child, I literally blew it off and kept on going 😊
- October 22, 2021 – A Day With the 8 Year Old = Painting His Wooden Sword for Halloween, Circling the Trailhead to Barton Creek Greenbelt, Visiting Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center, Celebrating Veterans Art at the Old Bakery & Emporium, and Watching Big Hero 6 on Disney+!!!This post is long on pictures, mostly because it was a long day from getting up to getting back to bed, lol! But what a good day it was ❤️ Here’s hoping this long post of pictures brings a similar good feeling! First up, above, is a special project Max has had his heart on, re-creating a magical sword he sees and experiences using in one of his video games – Zelda Breath of the Wild! All part of his progressing Halloween costume….
- October 21, 2021 – Delivering New Art to the Old Bakery and Emporium (across from the State Capital) Austin, Texas – 3 Piece Floral Set and 1 Autumn 6×6, all #WatercolorsDespite my many gripes about living in Austin, Texas, there’s of course a handful of things I do like. Among them is the opportunity the city makes for artisans 50 or older living in the Austin area to show their creative work. I’ve been fortunate to have some sales, and am very grateful to be able to replenish my inventory with the paintings above.
- October 20, 2021 – Sold! At the Old Bakery and Emporium (across from the State Capital) Austin, Texas – Paris Dreams (Dreaming of Paris)I’m very grateful to my buyer at the Old Bakery & Emporium in Austin Texas! 🙏 With as few months as the Old Bakery’s been reopen, and all the precautions needed to be taken recently here in Austin, it’s a miracle to be able to share my art a this time 💕
- October 19, 2021 – Turning 71 Feels Like Turning on the Spigots!I’ve meandered around what to write for my birthday post this year, probably reflecting not exactly the chaos (though there’s enough of that, lol!) but the whirl of activity in my life right now – fitness activities, art – of all kind, family, and the stutteringly slow but certain shift from unbearable 6 month summer in Austin to, well, breathable walkable art-doable weather ❤️ Weatherman says the weekend days’ highs into my birthday (Tuesday) are the coolest temps since mid-April. That’s a very long time, lol! 😅
- October 18, 2021 – A Good Problem, Lots of Interesting Pics and Posts Developing in My Blog Pipeline! Part 3, 1st Completed Work of 5 – “Playtime, Mother and Child”I’m also breaking a bit of tradition in terms of my routine and going ahead and posting my completed image, not as good a resolution etc as I’d like (yet), and also not yet uploaded to Fine Art America. It’s simply a time choice. Paint and create. Or paint less but massage the photo capture & upload to FAA more. It’s not really a win-lose thing.
Thanks again, everyone! 😊