Now that we’ve had our bird feeder up a few months at our new location, we’ve come across a wider variety of birds (and other critters) and’ve been working at grabbing shots of birds in motion I might could use for sketches and such 🦅
I’ve included small winged lines of birds in many of my paintings, and even have a favored oil of birds on a lamp post, an image I’ve had on Fine Art America but for some reason never posted about here; have to correct that some time 😊 —
And I’ve even used a photograph on a poster; this one an image I’ve used extensively here on my site –
But taking multiple quick still shots, and then video, and now 4K video on my iPhone(XR), I’m seeing all kinds of stuff, lol!
Some parts, like a squirrel trying to commandeer the bird’s feeder (unsuccessfully), not as desirable on our part, lol; but a heck of a sight to see!
And the 4K video does seem to make a difference, as seen by the side by side below —
From the little I’m learning, 4K has 4 times the pixel info as HD (8 vs 2 thousand pixels?), plus I used 60 frames per second (fps) with the 4K vs 30fps with my normal video.
I should add, the pigeons and cardinals and chickadeas that’ve been frequenting the feeder don’t have any problem with the squirrels rummaging along the balcony floor (we do! 😊) but on their feeder, disrupting their balance – yeah, that’s a BIG no-no, lol!
Further along, I want to be able to grab even more nuanced figure shots in movement; though, admittedly, I need to just plain get better at painting them (figures). Still. Being able to grab a nuanced shot of say, the 8 year old, in one of his trademark contorted I’m-having-a-blast jumps in the air as he walks, well – if I can do that and continue improving painting figures, yeah, that’ll be nice ❤️
Take care everyone! 💕
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “birds” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 21, 2022 – Sheila & I Are Attending 2 Gallery Openings Today! #PrimalGalleryDS #AustinArtSpaceSheila and I are off to a busy fun art-openings day that include some of my art at two local galleries today – AVAA’s Austin Art Space, and Primal Gallery in nearby Dripping Springs!
- May 20, 2022 – Will My New #Austin #Photography Poster, Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Join My Austin Pink Sunset Photo and Lou Neff Digital Art Poster in Sales?The question itself, whether Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt will match or join my currently selling best prints, is a question more of hope and companionship for my image of a truly usually bright spot in Austin, the system of greenbelts preserving the water that makes living here even possible ❤️
- May 19, 2022 – Hardest / Best Part of My Strength Class Recently – Releasing Myself a SmileIt’s nearing 8pm and I’m trying to apply an exercise lesson our online SilverSneakers instructor, Michelle, brought up a few times today – smile 😊
- May 18, 2022 – Places In or Near Austin Texas You Can See and Buy My Prints ( Art and Photography ) #PrimalGallery #OldBakery&EmporiumPrints have consistently out-sold my originals if for no other reasons than they are less expensive and usually have more items to choose from. Not bad reasons at all 😊 What I want to do now though is, begin to –
- May 17, 2022 – I Have a Lot of Happenings ( art & personal ) This Week, But Still Finding Moments To Start a New Painting : Morning’s PromiseIt’s nice to dance the surface of my canvas as needed. And able ☺️ And right now, a light step, at an easy pace, may give me the time – and energy – to get more than a handful of other needed things also done this week. Not a bad compromise. For now 😊
- May 16, 2022 – New Diptych : “Freedom” Almost Finished, Panels Need Signing ( front & back )And what I’ve come across figuring out how to make prints of this that folks can work with, ie, close to or within standard size dimensions, was how to get a 22×28 image convert into – in 2 examples – an 8×10 or 12×18, and I came up with this as a starting prototype….
- May 15, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Spring Rising”I’d done a lot of deep or darker night-like paintings for a bit, so it felt pretty nice to lighten up my palette for awhile. Working back & forth, from the two approaches – playing the potential good from both approaches seems to suit my Libra middle, lol!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊