Now that we’ve had our bird feeder up a few months at our new location, we’ve come across a wider variety of birds (and other critters) and’ve been working at grabbing shots of birds in motion I might could use for sketches and such 🦅
I’ve included small winged lines of birds in many of my paintings, and even have a favored oil of birds on a lamp post, an image I’ve had on Fine Art America but for some reason never posted about here; have to correct that some time 😊 —
And I’ve even used a photograph on a poster; this one an image I’ve used extensively here on my site –
But taking multiple quick still shots, and then video, and now 4K video on my iPhone(XR), I’m seeing all kinds of stuff, lol!
Some parts, like a squirrel trying to commandeer the bird’s feeder (unsuccessfully), not as desirable on our part, lol; but a heck of a sight to see!
And the 4K video does seem to make a difference, as seen by the side by side below —
From the little I’m learning, 4K has 4 times the pixel info as HD (8 vs 2 thousand pixels?), plus I used 60 frames per second (fps) with the 4K vs 30fps with my normal video.
I should add, the pigeons and cardinals and chickadeas that’ve been frequenting the feeder don’t have any problem with the squirrels rummaging along the balcony floor (we do! 😊) but on their feeder, disrupting their balance – yeah, that’s a BIG no-no, lol!
Further along, I want to be able to grab even more nuanced figure shots in movement; though, admittedly, I need to just plain get better at painting them (figures). Still. Being able to grab a nuanced shot of say, the 8 year old, in one of his trademark contorted I’m-having-a-blast jumps in the air as he walks, well – if I can do that and continue improving painting figures, yeah, that’ll be nice ❤️
Take care everyone! 💕
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “birds” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- December 03, 2021 – I Am Tired, But I Am Happy; I’ve Been Painting, A Lot!The above pic contrasts below with this earlier pic shot shot in November —
- December 02, 2021 – My Minimalist Art Experiment, “Abstract Minimalism 1 (in-progress) Part 2, Major ShiftThe large blue area (which I loved) had to be muted (or change the other orange/red areas). Blue bottom areas were also muted. The white/yellow glaze over the blue area tinting it into green. But, do I want to do more? Do I need to do more?
- December 01, 2021 – My Minimalist Art Experiment, “Abstract Minimalism 1 (in-progress) Part 1, a BeginningA funny thing happened on my way to my newest attempt to correctly ( ie, satisfyingly ) extrapolate a detail shot ( variations of which I’m calling, “Approach” ) of one of my paintings (Autumn Passage) — — during the 2nd lay-in, after applying Light Molding Paste over the canvas, I ended up, when I’d see it from a distance, ie through a door from another room, very much liking its basic look; enough so I decided to try and enhance the current stage of the painting, yet, keep it’s basic minimalism intact 😊
- November 30, 2021 – My Idea for Promoting My WordPress Blog Posts on Twitter (With My Pinned Tweet), Part 4And so far, I’m very pleased with how it’s working. It’s saving me a bit of time, yet also keeping tweets going out promoting my more recent posts. I could probably do with slightly more frequently….
- November 29, 2021 – Fine Art America News : “Easy Morning” and “Walking in Light” Featured in Art Groups + Sold a “If Dads Were” Coffee CupBoth figures in the painting above and below are watercolors, though, Easy Morning is all watercolor on absorbent ground. Walking in Light’s paint, around the figure below, is acrylic; both the watercolor figure and remainder of my painting done on Golden’s Light Molding Paste. Golden has evidently been at improving acrylics a long time, as I learned in this post (with links to Golden’s article), and I can say that for me, working on their molding paste, in watercolor and acrylic, is a real treat!
- November 28, 2021 – My Most Viewed Image This Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Heart FragmentIf it was an amazing process to see older photos and artwork show up on my most viewed list last week (and it was 😊) then this batch is incredible! Work from so many years have shown up, and such a variety! It tells me, one can never quite tell what folks might be looking for day to day, week to week, and it’s nice for me to have the inventory assortment, “almost” a historical diary, of my work
- November 27, 2021 – LOL! I Don’t Like It, But I WANT It! : Preparing More Paintings and Applications for Places to Show and Sell!!I squashed together what I could to show a “fair” sampling of my work recently finished or in-progress right now. There’s more, tucked here and there among these, lol! And on another wall! I choose to consider that a good problem 😊 Seeing these together like tis, If I had to choose one thing tying them all together – the impressionist skews, the abstracted slants, the washes, the thick tones, the high key and (nearly) BW work – I’d say it’s….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊