My most emerging challenge as I ramp up being able to and wanting to paint more often – each day if possible – is time.
Not a big surprise for all the folks with lots of interests and/or commitments, even for us 70+ year olds, lol! Though, surprisingly, just as difficult to navigate the demands and siren calls of attention in our lives.
Kinda nice though, that kind of problem has persisted from when being a kid and wanting to play, eat a snack, watch TV randomly goof around. I think generally most kids have more a problem trying to do all they want vs not ( really ) having anything to do. I think our too hot of weather in the summer and wanting to be outside, even in the 1950s, was the main deterrent to doing what we wanted to do!
Well, I’m kinda in the same position. Only I want to be inside painting, lol! With temps all week in the 30s here ( unusual, true ) and too hot most the rest of the year ( don’t we love our few 70 degree days! ) being comfortable inside is a blessing 🙏
I also want to blog post each day. Just a self chosen challenge, but satisfying the steadier I can stick with doing that.
One of my most challenging aspects if also wanting to include interesting pics in my posts.
For Fine Art America uploads, a place where there’s quite a few interesting practical products one’s images can be printed on, in addition to prints and canvas etc of course, it’s been fun choosing and configuring my images on yoga mats, framed prints, tote bags, all that. But it takes time.
Also, my focus, now that I am painting so much more, is selling my originals – vs just prints, as I have for a very long time now.
So my big change, which is somewhat easier to and fun for me, is using Fine Art America’s high resolution detail view feature ( sample at top and below). I won’t have to take time to “choose” which product to feature – and – I’m putting the focus on detail features within my painting, ie, the texture, colors and the movement of those elements.
I’ll have one more detail shot below, and am only featuring 3 because, guess what, that’s all I’ve taken advantage of showing so far, lol! Well, that’s changing 😊
And here’s my 3rd and latest example —
And though my samples on my posts here aren’t as high resolution as what you’d see on my painting’s page on Fine Art America – I limit the size file I show on WordPress so’s not to have to increase my site’s product selection, ie, $$$ ☺️
So there’s good incentive to take a quick look via the enclosed links and see what the surface of my original paintings look and feel like ❤️
Thanks so much everyone! Stay safe! Stay well! 💕
Above tweet is live! 😊
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- September 22, 2022 – Clean Energy, Part 5 – The Practical Problem, and, How #Solar Kept the Lights on After Fiona Left #PuertoRico in the DarkThe bulk of the info is a very fairly laid out presentation that a 90% of renewable energy is mostly doable and feasible. The only really debatable portion, and Dan presents pluses and minuses for each possible choice, is how to supply that last needed 10%.
- September 21, 2022 – Working Texture and Figures into Compositions I Like, Part 5 : Adding a 4th ( textured ) Layer to Danseur en Bleu ( formerly Dancing Turquoise )Much enhanced less subtle, but more vibrant, the current stage of development for Danseur en Bleu is nearing a finish.
- September 20, 2022 – A Beginner’s View : Inflation, the Economy, Climate, Clean Energy, Health etc, How Are They Related in Our Current Everyday Lives? – An On-Going Inquiry, Part 7 – #ClimateTweetsA selection of Tweets I’ve Retweeted about #Climate & related topics, both scary & hopeful 😊🙏
- September 19, 2022 – Working Texture and Figures into Compositions I Like, Part 4 : Adding a 3rd ( pink ) Layer to Danseur en Bleu ( formerly Dancing Turquoise )I only painted a few minutes, ten or so, after mixing matte gel medium and a touch of acrylic rose, and I could only do it because I’m hopeful!
- September 18, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Time at the Musee d’Orsay ” : circa 2012Just a month ago Time at the Musee d’Orsay suddenly popped up as my most viewed, and here it is again! Maybe that means we’ll make it back to Paris eventually after all, lol!
- September 17, 2022 – Post Surgery : Continuing With AntibioticsHaving to resume antibiotics as one of my surgeons got lab results on a mucus sample from my surgery showing growth – so am blessedly kicking back til some blood clotting and fatigue fade away again 🙏
- September 16, 2022 – “Blue with Gold Twilight” and “Pink with Maroon Landscape and Bird” in New #CreativeArtsSociety Juried Art Show at Riverbend Church!Just got word today two of my 10×20 gallery wrap acrylics have been juried into a show I’ve never done with Creative Arts Society before, at Riverbend Church’s “Inspirational Gallery” in Austin’s western side – yes, hills! 😊
Thanks again, everyone! 😊