I’ve had a PhotoPoems / Photo Poems series of posts seems since near when I 1st started my blog, and was tempted to call this verse, for Angel, a PhotoPoem also.
But even though I’ve a few posts tying poem and art work together, I don’t think that would be in the spirit of the thought behind the poems anymore. An art poem, I feel instinctively, is particular to the type of image – painted art, which for me is a more internally generated final image.
Pink with Maroon Landscape and Bird is a rare painted-in-one-go art work. There was nothing I felt I could add, including fill in the upper 2/3s right.
I saw the mountain-like peak in the middle top right away, then the bird’s head to its right. Then gradually, I began to see the wing spread – 1st the wing to the right, detached in style and coloring from the majority of the painting, then finally, suddenly how the pink & white tipped mountain peak could also be the bird’s left wing. I guess one can plan such an outcome, but I sure didn’t, lol!
This small painting, 10×20 inch acrylic on canvas, is also soon appearing with 2 other selections of mine in Austin’s Creative Arts Society’s 2022 Spring Online Market. I hope to have a post on that once it’s up and running ( early March I believe ). All works by the many Austin area artists represented have committed and agreed to ship any work sold ( if not local ) within the Continental US free 😊
I’ve no time-pattern for these image/verse combinations of mine, sometimes running close together, other times, like this time round, with quite a bit a space between; I hope you’ll enjoy —
The Wings of Life Form From the Sky From the cooling of the molten ball of rock and gas of Earth our souls have chosen to spring from - I must have been among the waves of gases released high above our spinning planet - the first seeds of sentiment springing forth. Our souls spread slowly strongly sensuously among the currents, catching bits of light, gusts, and each other's glances as we gained awareness of each other, finding ourselves together, aloft, tiny feet curled underneath our wide wings. The first flocks were our first friends. When we lost a friend, we gathered tighter. Together we felt stronger. Alone, we knew not where we were... Together It didn't matter so much.... ©Felipe Adan Lerma
I didn’t grow up during any of the World Wars, but I did grow up in a very hot Cold War, which has, defying sanity, heated up again. Life will continue with or without us. It’s us who can choose, collectively, to survive and prosper, or perish. So far..we’ve chosen the former, or fought for it to be so. Please remember than when it’s time to vote later this year. I’m just gonna assume we make it that far. Defeat is not an option. It’ll have to happen despite us…
Stay well everyone! And remember, among our many options, voting is one….
My series of PhotoPoem posts –
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
- November 06, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Arc de ( d’Nuit ) Triomphe Poster ” : Image Circa 2012, Poster 2017Once again one of my poster designs was my most viewed image from among my listings for prints and gifts on Fine Art America….
- October 30, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Volleyball Kill Poster” : circa 1994 ( writing ) / 2021 ( poster design )Another of my sayings / posters made it as my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America this past week, Volleyball Kill, which I wrote in the early 90s….
- October 24, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Danseur en Bleu” : circa 2022Quite an unexpected treat to see my newest painting, Danseur en Bleu, it’s 1st week on Fine Art America, be my most viewed of my images for the past week!
- October 23, 2022 – A Beginner’s View : Inflation, the Economy, Climate, Clean Energy, Health etc, How Are They Related in Our Current Everyday Lives? – An On-Going Inquiry, Part 9 – #Inflation and Our 2022 Mid-Term Election to Keep/Improve Our #Democracy…while true that any price guidelines / control can be a slippery slope, we also already know price gouging has easily done slipped-slid-and-sunk into its own quicksand of problems….