Well, we were definitely younger then, lol! But I think if we went to the right events nowadays, we’d have just as much fun at SXSW now as then 😊
The picture above and below are at the same venue, the Palm Door, one our youngest girl was event-managing back then on 6th Street. The guy below – of whom the 9 year old, when he saw the picture, said, “Who is that!” ❤️ – is actually a vendor, cigarettes or such, can’t remember now, lol!
Outside, up pic, it was buzzing with voices, but we could hear each other; inside, pic below well, good luck with that – though the music literally filled the air!
And below is a poem I wrote for a 2008 blog post about SXSW ( South by ) on a site before this one, one I’ve had since 2011. If I’d known better, I would’ve carried over that blog onto this one – but learning is one of our more underrated less appreciated skills, I think ☺️
The location-memory is the original Antone’s location downtown; where I youngest girl was full time night event manager at the time —
Here’s some links to the musicians & places mentioned above 😊
Antones – https://www.google.com/search?q=antones
Continental Club – https://www.google.com/search?q=continental+club+austin
Auditorium Shores – https://www.google.com/search?q=Auditorium+Shores+austin
Alejandro Escovedo – https://www.alejandroescovedo.com/
John Smith – haven’t nailed down who this was for sure yet
American Graveyard – https://www.google.com/search?q=American+graveyard+band ( our 9 year old grandson’s dad played/plays in this band )
Del Castillo – https://www.google.com/search?q=Del+Castillo+band
There were other times, and other memories, but at least I have some concrete things to show for 2008 & 2014, lol!
Stay safe everyone – even at these wonderful memory filled events and times in our lives 💕
Where You Can See & Buy My Art 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 21, 2022 – Sheila & I Are Attending 2 Gallery Openings Today! #PrimalGalleryDS #AustinArtSpaceSheila and I are off to a busy fun art-openings day that include some of my art at two local galleries today – AVAA’s Austin Art Space, and Primal Gallery in nearby Dripping Springs!
- May 20, 2022 – Will My New #Austin #Photography Poster, Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Join My Austin Pink Sunset Photo and Lou Neff Digital Art Poster in Sales?The question itself, whether Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt will match or join my currently selling best prints, is a question more of hope and companionship for my image of a truly usually bright spot in Austin, the system of greenbelts preserving the water that makes living here even possible ❤️
- May 19, 2022 – Hardest / Best Part of My Strength Class Recently – Releasing Myself a SmileIt’s nearing 8pm and I’m trying to apply an exercise lesson our online SilverSneakers instructor, Michelle, brought up a few times today – smile 😊
- May 18, 2022 – Places In or Near Austin Texas You Can See and Buy My Prints ( Art and Photography ) #PrimalGallery #OldBakery&EmporiumPrints have consistently out-sold my originals if for no other reasons than they are less expensive and usually have more items to choose from. Not bad reasons at all 😊 What I want to do now though is, begin to –
- May 17, 2022 – I Have a Lot of Happenings ( art & personal ) This Week, But Still Finding Moments To Start a New Painting : Morning’s PromiseIt’s nice to dance the surface of my canvas as needed. And able ☺️ And right now, a light step, at an easy pace, may give me the time – and energy – to get more than a handful of other needed things also done this week. Not a bad compromise. For now 😊
- May 16, 2022 – New Diptych : “Freedom” Almost Finished, Panels Need Signing ( front & back )And what I’ve come across figuring out how to make prints of this that folks can work with, ie, close to or within standard size dimensions, was how to get a 22×28 image convert into – in 2 examples – an 8×10 or 12×18, and I came up with this as a starting prototype….
- May 15, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Spring Rising”I’d done a lot of deep or darker night-like paintings for a bit, so it felt pretty nice to lighten up my palette for awhile. Working back & forth, from the two approaches – playing the potential good from both approaches seems to suit my Libra middle, lol!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊