My related multi-panel blog posts
Though not able yet to paint ( time wise ) at the level I was working before ( chores, obligations, etc ) – I did squeak out a couple of new polyptychs, both diptych 2-panel pieces, each panel a 16×20 black canvas work.
It’s interesting how I have to again change my focus and creative mindset when I adjust the sizes & # of panels I’m working on. Going from 4 to 5 panels to 2 has it’s own challenge for me, and I’m not quite sure what it is yet, lol!
Also working on a black gesso’d canvas brought the unexpected challenge of how to apply dark colors, esp a heavy textured matte black.
It seems the combination of a mix of light molding paste with heavy matte gel, plus black – is very different than the black gesso’d canvas, and mixing the two produces it’s own very interesting texture depth variations.
As some of ya’ll know, I’m working through too much non-gallery wrapped canvas inventory, starting with what’s on hand, then eventually moving onto storage stock, which will let me re-introduce my initial wide variety of sizes & number of panels like when I started experimenting with polyptychs.
I’ve 4 more 16×20 black panel canvases for 2 more diptychs before I run out of in-house stock, so I’m very curious to see how some other ideas I have will pan out. One local restaurant seems to have an interest in showing one or more of these, and might take one or more on once they’ve finished renovations to their space. I’ll keep my fingers crossed 🤞 and my brushes and paint moving across new surfaces 😊
Stay well everyone! 💕
– my blog posts re Polyptychs 😊
Where You Can See & Buy My Art 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 16, 2022 – New Diptych : “Freedom” Almost Finished, Panels Need Signing ( front & back )And what I’ve come across figuring out how to make prints of this that folks can work with, ie, close to or within standard size dimensions, was how to get a 22×28 image convert into – in 2 examples – an 8×10 or 12×18, and I came up with this as a starting prototype….
- May 15, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Spring Rising”I’d done a lot of deep or darker night-like paintings for a bit, so it felt pretty nice to lighten up my palette for awhile. Working back & forth, from the two approaches – playing the potential good from both approaches seems to suit my Libra middle, lol!
- May 14, 2022 – My 1st Classical Stretch Workout with Miranda Esmonde-White ( via YouTube ) in Many Months!Though similar to SilverSneakers’ classes, Miranda’s classes focus largely on making the fascia network in our bodies more fluid. Some movements are very similar, but more extended, dance-like, reflecting Miranda’s ballerina and dance background!
- May 13, 2022 – “Angel” in AVAA’s 1st Austin Art Space Gallery and Studio Group Show in a Long Time!Just a very quick post to announce that my 18×24 inch acrylic on stretched canvas, Angel – has been accepted into Austin Visual Arts Association’s ( AVAA) 1st group show since ( I believe ) the pandemic. Definitely been a long time coming and feels great to be able to be showing with this long time Austin art association again! 😊
- May 12, 2022 – Updated My #Twitter Header Image and Pinned TweetThough Twitter’s future is up in the air, or ether, or virtual landscape; and my own “footprint” there and social media in general is micro-whatever, lol! — it’s still my micro existence, and I want to care for it best I can 😊
- May 11, 2022 – Reblog / Review : Joan Mitchell, “I carry my landscapes around with me” – #Polyptychs…my reading of Joan Mitchell’s work – while often including much of that same connection, speaks more directly to me about the impact of the canvas before me in that process. Especially most specifically in regard to Joan’s work with multi-panel / multi-canvas works of art – ie, polyptychs!
- May 10, 2022 – BW Impressionist Abstract 1, Completed!A few posts back, about a new diptych in-progress, Freedom, in the 2nd 1/2 of the post, I mentioned having another in-progress work, BW Impressionist Abstract 1, that the 9 year old ( our youngest grandchild ) said he really liked, but wanted more “gold” in it, and pointed out where & how much more gold paint 😊 So I took him at his word & did the changes –
Thanks again, everyone! 😊