A small thing, but the kind of small thing that keeps hope afloat! 🙏
I’m very grateful the City of Austin has a place like the Old Bakery and Emporium, an 1800s preserved & renovated historical site that displays the work of Austin area artists 50+ years young 😊
I won’t go into much more right now, the blog post link above ( below the image ) goes to a nice photo-poem blog post featuring this work. As noted yesterday, Sheila and I got our 2nd boosters, and I was fairly whacked yesterday afternoon & evening. That lingered with chills and feeling too hot alternating all day. This evening ( Friday, April 8th), I’m better, but feel like I overdid a thousand senior exercise classes in one day, lol!
Though I’m firmly working textural works right now, and “very” much loving it. I do think, with practice, ie, experimenting, work watercolor or watercolor-like acrylic work, esp of figures/butterflies etc, but within textural contexts. Conversely I can flip what the textural and watercolor-ish work center outward. So we’ll see if these are good ideas, or the effect of my booster-fueled fever-like waves of feeling hot then cold ☺️
Matter of fact, I basically finished an example of the latter, textured in the center & soft outward, and if I get a good shot of it tomorrow ( Saturday ) I’ll try and post it this Sunday. I really like it, but what gives me promise about it is, Sheila’s gone from “mew” to “hmmm, I like that!” Never argue with a spouse who cooks like a chef, lol! ❤️
Keep faith everyone!! 💕
Stay well everyone!
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “acrylic painting (books, paints, and more)” –
Direct link to Joy of Acrylic Painting, Expressive Painting Techniques for Beginners, on Amazon 😊 – https://amzn.to/31q3EMU
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- October 01, 2022 – Opinion: Careening Screaming Laughing Round the Curve and Guardrails America ( and the world ) is Entering Adulthood, Part 1…it’s my opinion humanity will soon decide to survive or not. And that we can only decide to survive by also deciding that means all of us.
- September 28, 2022 – Working Texture and Figures into Compositions I Like, Part 6 : Adding a 5th ( scumbled ) Layer to Danseur en Bleu ( formerly Dancing Turquoise )I don’t want to forget, souls and spirits that we may be, we are also of and from the Earth we stand upon ❤️
- September 27, 2022 – Now This Sounds Right : “Fed can avoid ‘deep pain’ in inflation fight, Bostic says”One of the fun things of being a lay-person in re to an esoteric topic, like the effect of Federal Reserve actions and statements about folks in my fiscal strata is – long as I’m upfront it’s my opinion – I can say how things appear from my socio-economic perspective.
- September 26, 2022 – Changes to My Blog – No Externally Generated Ads / Blogging As AbleI needed to regroup.
- September 25, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Walk Among the Wildflowers” : circa 2020I’m hoping to catch the deadline to submit it to a new-to-me Austin venue, Bee Caves Arts Foundation. Do wish me luck. It’d be a great add-on to its being my most viewed on Fine Art America this past week 😊🙏
- September 22, 2022 – Clean Energy, Part 5 – The Practical Problem, and, How #Solar Kept the Lights on After Fiona Left #PuertoRico in the DarkThe bulk of the info is a very fairly laid out presentation that a 90% of renewable energy is mostly doable and feasible. The only really debatable portion, and Dan presents pluses and minuses for each possible choice, is how to supply that last needed 10%.
- September 21, 2022 – Working Texture and Figures into Compositions I Like, Part 5 : Adding a 4th ( textured ) Layer to Danseur en Bleu ( formerly Dancing Turquoise )Much enhanced less subtle, but more vibrant, the current stage of development for Danseur en Bleu is nearing a finish.
Thanks again, everyone! 😊