A small thing, but the kind of small thing that keeps hope afloat! 🙏
I’m very grateful the City of Austin has a place like the Old Bakery and Emporium, an 1800s preserved & renovated historical site that displays the work of Austin area artists 50+ years young 😊
I won’t go into much more right now, the blog post link above ( below the image ) goes to a nice photo-poem blog post featuring this work. As noted yesterday, Sheila and I got our 2nd boosters, and I was fairly whacked yesterday afternoon & evening. That lingered with chills and feeling too hot alternating all day. This evening ( Friday, April 8th), I’m better, but feel like I overdid a thousand senior exercise classes in one day, lol!
Though I’m firmly working textural works right now, and “very” much loving it. I do think, with practice, ie, experimenting, work watercolor or watercolor-like acrylic work, esp of figures/butterflies etc, but within textural contexts. Conversely I can flip what the textural and watercolor-ish work center outward. So we’ll see if these are good ideas, or the effect of my booster-fueled fever-like waves of feeling hot then cold ☺️
Matter of fact, I basically finished an example of the latter, textured in the center & soft outward, and if I get a good shot of it tomorrow ( Saturday ) I’ll try and post it this Sunday. I really like it, but what gives me promise about it is, Sheila’s gone from “mew” to “hmmm, I like that!” Never argue with a spouse who cooks like a chef, lol! ❤️
Keep faith everyone!! 💕
Stay well everyone!
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “acrylic painting (books, paints, and more)” –
Direct link to Joy of Acrylic Painting, Expressive Painting Techniques for Beginners, on Amazon 😊 – https://amzn.to/31q3EMU
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 01, 2023 – Happy New Year! : My Most Viewed Image the Last Week of 2022 @FineArtAmerica, Little Steps PosterA wonderfully fitting image as my most viewed this past week, the last week, of 2022 – Little Steps, my poster version ❤️ 🙏 ☺️
- December 18, 2022 – 1st Return Appearance Since Spring : My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Blue with Gold Twilight – #PanoramaOcean waves of blue fill our skies and seas, cascading sighs and whispers of inspiration with each breath.
- December 11, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyMorning Light Poster also recently sold at the Old Bakery and Emporium 🙏😌
- December 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Costa Rica Sunset Panorama” : circa 2017I almost skipped even posting about it, but at 4x the views of the nearest most viewed of my images, I needed to drag myself out of my whatever-it-is recent posting stagnation, lol!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
Thanks again, everyone! 😊