Part of a “very” busy day, Sheila and I sandwiched in a print-drop off at the Old Bakery & Emporium Thursday ( April 14, 2022 ). Herlinda, the director, is justly proud of the installation below, and, very much liked the new ( 1s time showing a print for this watercolor ) print of A Blush of Spring!
While the signed print is an impressive 12×18 ( $22 ), the 6×9 original ( $99 ) on 300 lb paper is a sparkle beyond imagination I’m very blessed to have created 🙏
Below, Sheila, immersed in the movement of lights in the electronic installations shining on the acrylic shells and strands, smiles back to me approvingly.
And she especially approved ( as did I ) of how the folks at the Old Bakery hung my originals, two ( Turquoise Impressionist Abstract 1 circa Feb 2022 & Fantasy Landscape circa Jan 2022 ) featured nicely lit with several other artists’ work below —
I won’t belie it folks, the way the natural light streaming into the old historical brick building struck my 12×24 galley wrapped Turquoise color block shocked and surprised me!
I forget sometimes how some of these color fields filled with waves of interlocking textures can carry my breath away – it tells me, beyond any doubt in me, I did good, I did as well as I could with this piece. I am happy with it. I can feel my eyes smile, then my heart, and finally, to my all too often too hurried too concerned too filled with choices churning mind.
And for a moment..
…I am stilled ❤️
Keep faith everyone! Stay well! 💕
Stay well everyone!
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Where You Can See & Buy My Art 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “acrylic painting (books, paints, and more)” –
Direct link to Joy of Acrylic Painting, Expressive Painting Techniques for Beginners, on Amazon 😊 – https://amzn.to/31q3EMU
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 21, 2022 – Sheila & I Are Attending 2 Gallery Openings Today! #PrimalGalleryDS #AustinArtSpaceSheila and I are off to a busy fun art-openings day that include some of my art at two local galleries today – AVAA’s Austin Art Space, and Primal Gallery in nearby Dripping Springs!
- May 20, 2022 – Will My New #Austin #Photography Poster, Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Join My Austin Pink Sunset Photo and Lou Neff Digital Art Poster in Sales?The question itself, whether Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt will match or join my currently selling best prints, is a question more of hope and companionship for my image of a truly usually bright spot in Austin, the system of greenbelts preserving the water that makes living here even possible ❤️
- May 19, 2022 – Hardest / Best Part of My Strength Class Recently – Releasing Myself a SmileIt’s nearing 8pm and I’m trying to apply an exercise lesson our online SilverSneakers instructor, Michelle, brought up a few times today – smile 😊
- May 18, 2022 – Places In or Near Austin Texas You Can See and Buy My Prints ( Art and Photography ) #PrimalGallery #OldBakery&EmporiumPrints have consistently out-sold my originals if for no other reasons than they are less expensive and usually have more items to choose from. Not bad reasons at all 😊 What I want to do now though is, begin to –
- May 17, 2022 – I Have a Lot of Happenings ( art & personal ) This Week, But Still Finding Moments To Start a New Painting : Morning’s PromiseIt’s nice to dance the surface of my canvas as needed. And able ☺️ And right now, a light step, at an easy pace, may give me the time – and energy – to get more than a handful of other needed things also done this week. Not a bad compromise. For now 😊
- May 16, 2022 – New Diptych : “Freedom” Almost Finished, Panels Need Signing ( front & back )And what I’ve come across figuring out how to make prints of this that folks can work with, ie, close to or within standard size dimensions, was how to get a 22×28 image convert into – in 2 examples – an 8×10 or 12×18, and I came up with this as a starting prototype….
- May 15, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Spring Rising”I’d done a lot of deep or darker night-like paintings for a bit, so it felt pretty nice to lighten up my palette for awhile. Working back & forth, from the two approaches – playing the potential good from both approaches seems to suit my Libra middle, lol!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊