I’ve become so jaded of late with Austin – the water problems, the perineal traffic tie-ups, the pollution, the majority-of-the-year heat, the nation leading increases in rents – it was a shock, a wonderful terrifically needed pleasant shock, to enter and experience the people and building that make Austin’s Central Public Library downtown so welcomingly special! 🙏 ❤️
A couple days ago I alluded to some of this when I posted ’bout Sheila and I’s super packed Saturday that included getting my 1st library card in about 2 decades, lol!
Besides showcasing our youngest girl reading her children’s book, Skydancer, to a super interested gaggle of little one’s ( full post on that coming up soon ), and having her book showcased in the library’s gift shop ( see below ), I got to wander a bit and catch a few other pics I thought pretty cool 😊
Below are some more images I captured I liked best on this, my 1st visit to Austin’s downtown Central Library —
And not needing to be flashy to also be important, this notice in the restrooms —
And finally, below, is a grand-scale metal ( I assume ) bright red, silhouette style, cut-out.
One little girl ahead of us on the way down the stairs below it, her little legs barely able to slowly negotiate each step ( mom tightly holding her hand ) looked up, pointed a small round finger, and said, clear as a tiny bell – “That’s not a clock! That’s a birdhouse!” 💕
So all that was part of a Saturday that also included seeing / watching our youngest girl give her reading from her children’s books ( in one of those rooms with the wide oval windows ) and going to the 9 year’s season ending soccer game in somewhat-far-south Austin – both of which I want to have separate posts on soon ( with videos ) ☺️
Stay well everyone! Enjoy the packed days as much as the unpacked ones, or vice-versa probably if you’re a lot younger than us, lol!
See & Buy My Art 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- October 01, 2022 – Opinion: Careening Screaming Laughing Round the Curve and Guardrails America ( and the world ) is Entering Adulthood, Part 1…it’s my opinion humanity will soon decide to survive or not. And that we can only decide to survive by also deciding that means all of us.
- September 28, 2022 – Working Texture and Figures into Compositions I Like, Part 6 : Adding a 5th ( scumbled ) Layer to Danseur en Bleu ( formerly Dancing Turquoise )I don’t want to forget, souls and spirits that we may be, we are also of and from the Earth we stand upon ❤️
- September 27, 2022 – Now This Sounds Right : “Fed can avoid ‘deep pain’ in inflation fight, Bostic says”One of the fun things of being a lay-person in re to an esoteric topic, like the effect of Federal Reserve actions and statements about folks in my fiscal strata is – long as I’m upfront it’s my opinion – I can say how things appear from my socio-economic perspective.
- September 26, 2022 – Changes to My Blog – No Externally Generated Ads / Blogging As AbleI needed to regroup.
- September 25, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Walk Among the Wildflowers” : circa 2020I’m hoping to catch the deadline to submit it to a new-to-me Austin venue, Bee Caves Arts Foundation. Do wish me luck. It’d be a great add-on to its being my most viewed on Fine Art America this past week 😊🙏
- September 22, 2022 – Clean Energy, Part 5 – The Practical Problem, and, How #Solar Kept the Lights on After Fiona Left #PuertoRico in the DarkThe bulk of the info is a very fairly laid out presentation that a 90% of renewable energy is mostly doable and feasible. The only really debatable portion, and Dan presents pluses and minuses for each possible choice, is how to supply that last needed 10%.
- September 21, 2022 – Working Texture and Figures into Compositions I Like, Part 5 : Adding a 4th ( textured ) Layer to Danseur en Bleu ( formerly Dancing Turquoise )Much enhanced less subtle, but more vibrant, the current stage of development for Danseur en Bleu is nearing a finish.
Thanks again, everyone! 😊