I’ve become so jaded of late with Austin – the water problems, the perineal traffic tie-ups, the pollution, the majority-of-the-year heat, the nation leading increases in rents – it was a shock, a wonderful terrifically needed pleasant shock, to enter and experience the people and building that make Austin’s Central Public Library downtown so welcomingly special! 🙏 ❤️
A couple days ago I alluded to some of this when I posted ’bout Sheila and I’s super packed Saturday that included getting my 1st library card in about 2 decades, lol!
Besides showcasing our youngest girl reading her children’s book, Skydancer, to a super interested gaggle of little one’s ( full post on that coming up soon ), and having her book showcased in the library’s gift shop ( see below ), I got to wander a bit and catch a few other pics I thought pretty cool 😊
Below are some more images I captured I liked best on this, my 1st visit to Austin’s downtown Central Library —
And not needing to be flashy to also be important, this notice in the restrooms —
And finally, below, is a grand-scale metal ( I assume ) bright red, silhouette style, cut-out.
One little girl ahead of us on the way down the stairs below it, her little legs barely able to slowly negotiate each step ( mom tightly holding her hand ) looked up, pointed a small round finger, and said, clear as a tiny bell – “That’s not a clock! That’s a birdhouse!” 💕
So all that was part of a Saturday that also included seeing / watching our youngest girl give her reading from her children’s books ( in one of those rooms with the wide oval windows ) and going to the 9 year’s season ending soccer game in somewhat-far-south Austin – both of which I want to have separate posts on soon ( with videos ) ☺️
Stay well everyone! Enjoy the packed days as much as the unpacked ones, or vice-versa probably if you’re a lot younger than us, lol!
See & Buy My Art 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 01, 2023 – Happy New Year! : My Most Viewed Image the Last Week of 2022 @FineArtAmerica, Little Steps PosterA wonderfully fitting image as my most viewed this past week, the last week, of 2022 – Little Steps, my poster version ❤️ 🙏 ☺️
- December 18, 2022 – 1st Return Appearance Since Spring : My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Blue with Gold Twilight – #PanoramaOcean waves of blue fill our skies and seas, cascading sighs and whispers of inspiration with each breath.
- December 11, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyMorning Light Poster also recently sold at the Old Bakery and Emporium 🙏😌
- December 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Costa Rica Sunset Panorama” : circa 2017I almost skipped even posting about it, but at 4x the views of the nearest most viewed of my images, I needed to drag myself out of my whatever-it-is recent posting stagnation, lol!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
Thanks again, everyone! 😊