I’ve become so jaded of late with Austin – the water problems, the perineal traffic tie-ups, the pollution, the majority-of-the-year heat, the nation leading increases in rents – it was a shock, a wonderful terrifically needed pleasant shock, to enter and experience the people and building that make Austin’s Central Public Library downtown so welcomingly special! 🙏 ❤️
A couple days ago I alluded to some of this when I posted ’bout Sheila and I’s super packed Saturday that included getting my 1st library card in about 2 decades, lol!
Besides showcasing our youngest girl reading her children’s book, Skydancer, to a super interested gaggle of little one’s ( full post on that coming up soon ), and having her book showcased in the library’s gift shop ( see below ), I got to wander a bit and catch a few other pics I thought pretty cool 😊
Below are some more images I captured I liked best on this, my 1st visit to Austin’s downtown Central Library —
And not needing to be flashy to also be important, this notice in the restrooms —
And finally, below, is a grand-scale metal ( I assume ) bright red, silhouette style, cut-out.
One little girl ahead of us on the way down the stairs below it, her little legs barely able to slowly negotiate each step ( mom tightly holding her hand ) looked up, pointed a small round finger, and said, clear as a tiny bell – “That’s not a clock! That’s a birdhouse!” 💕
So all that was part of a Saturday that also included seeing / watching our youngest girl give her reading from her children’s books ( in one of those rooms with the wide oval windows ) and going to the 9 year’s season ending soccer game in somewhat-far-south Austin – both of which I want to have separate posts on soon ( with videos ) ☺️
Stay well everyone! Enjoy the packed days as much as the unpacked ones, or vice-versa probably if you’re a lot younger than us, lol!
Where You Can See & Buy My Art 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 16, 2022 – New Diptych : “Freedom” Almost Finished, Panels Need Signing ( front & back )And what I’ve come across figuring out how to make prints of this that folks can work with, ie, close to or within standard size dimensions, was how to get a 22×28 image convert into – in 2 examples – an 8×10 or 12×18, and I came up with this as a starting prototype….
- May 15, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Spring Rising”I’d done a lot of deep or darker night-like paintings for a bit, so it felt pretty nice to lighten up my palette for awhile. Working back & forth, from the two approaches – playing the potential good from both approaches seems to suit my Libra middle, lol!
- May 14, 2022 – My 1st Classical Stretch Workout with Miranda Esmonde-White ( via YouTube ) in Many Months!Though similar to SilverSneakers’ classes, Miranda’s classes focus largely on making the fascia network in our bodies more fluid. Some movements are very similar, but more extended, dance-like, reflecting Miranda’s ballerina and dance background!
- May 13, 2022 – “Angel” in AVAA’s 1st Austin Art Space Gallery and Studio Group Show in a Long Time!Just a very quick post to announce that my 18×24 inch acrylic on stretched canvas, Angel – has been accepted into Austin Visual Arts Association’s ( AVAA) 1st group show since ( I believe ) the pandemic. Definitely been a long time coming and feels great to be able to be showing with this long time Austin art association again! 😊
- May 12, 2022 – Updated My #Twitter Header Image and Pinned TweetThough Twitter’s future is up in the air, or ether, or virtual landscape; and my own “footprint” there and social media in general is micro-whatever, lol! — it’s still my micro existence, and I want to care for it best I can 😊
- May 11, 2022 – Reblog / Review : Joan Mitchell, “I carry my landscapes around with me” – #Polyptychs…my reading of Joan Mitchell’s work – while often including much of that same connection, speaks more directly to me about the impact of the canvas before me in that process. Especially most specifically in regard to Joan’s work with multi-panel / multi-canvas works of art – ie, polyptychs!
- May 10, 2022 – BW Impressionist Abstract 1, Completed!A few posts back, about a new diptych in-progress, Freedom, in the 2nd 1/2 of the post, I mentioned having another in-progress work, BW Impressionist Abstract 1, that the 9 year old ( our youngest grandchild ) said he really liked, but wanted more “gold” in it, and pointed out where & how much more gold paint 😊 So I took him at his word & did the changes –
Thanks again, everyone! 😊