In due time, ‘ll be posting about all or most of the things that went on today – seeing/hearing the youngest girl read her children’s book ( Skydancer ) at the new downtown Austin Public Library ( her 1st public reading since the pandemic began 🙏 ), watching/cheering on the 9 year old at his kids’ league season finale soccer game ( same little boy who 5 years ago threw himself on the ground and refused to participate ❤️ ), seeing the other grandparents in from Florida, and — getting my 1st library card in almost 2 decades!
On a whim, and a wish to read some books I’d gotten samples of to read on my Kindle but had felt the ebook was to high to purchase, I decided to see if I could get a new library card — and I did!! 😊
The lady at the counter literally walked me through the whole process, handing me a brand new card all set up in about 30 minutes. It literally would’ve taken me half a day on my own, “if” I’d succeeded, lol! She was even kind enough to help show me how to pick and load an available ebook ( Ninth Street Women ) which I can read on my newly uploaded library reading app, Libby, or read it via my Kindle app – very nice!
We, the lovely lady helping me in the library and myself, also found a book I loved the sample of, Joan Mitchell Lady Painter. No ebook available, and the physical book is at a branch library too far from me, but, as part of the Austin Public Library’s system, next week it’ll be delivered to the branch library close to us — also very nice!
Those who are curious can browse my posts about Joan. I really like her work, and I especially like reading about her work, the textural physicality and beauty of the colors, and most of all, her own thoughts and feelings about art and painting, particularly her own work —
So I had a really full, really nice day, even got to paint a “tiny” bit on yesterday’s new yellow abstract, and, got myself an invaluable new toy — a library card 📚 ♥️ ☺️
Stay well everyone! Amazing how many nuggets from each day’s bounty compete ( synergize? ) to enrich us most 💕
ps – did I mention I can also check out audio books! 😊
Where You Can See & Buy My Art 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 16, 2022 – New Diptych : “Freedom” Almost Finished, Panels Need Signing ( front & back )And what I’ve come across figuring out how to make prints of this that folks can work with, ie, close to or within standard size dimensions, was how to get a 22×28 image convert into – in 2 examples – an 8×10 or 12×18, and I came up with this as a starting prototype….
- May 15, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Spring Rising”I’d done a lot of deep or darker night-like paintings for a bit, so it felt pretty nice to lighten up my palette for awhile. Working back & forth, from the two approaches – playing the potential good from both approaches seems to suit my Libra middle, lol!
- May 14, 2022 – My 1st Classical Stretch Workout with Miranda Esmonde-White ( via YouTube ) in Many Months!Though similar to SilverSneakers’ classes, Miranda’s classes focus largely on making the fascia network in our bodies more fluid. Some movements are very similar, but more extended, dance-like, reflecting Miranda’s ballerina and dance background!
- May 13, 2022 – “Angel” in AVAA’s 1st Austin Art Space Gallery and Studio Group Show in a Long Time!Just a very quick post to announce that my 18×24 inch acrylic on stretched canvas, Angel – has been accepted into Austin Visual Arts Association’s ( AVAA) 1st group show since ( I believe ) the pandemic. Definitely been a long time coming and feels great to be able to be showing with this long time Austin art association again! 😊
- May 12, 2022 – Updated My #Twitter Header Image and Pinned TweetThough Twitter’s future is up in the air, or ether, or virtual landscape; and my own “footprint” there and social media in general is micro-whatever, lol! — it’s still my micro existence, and I want to care for it best I can 😊
- May 11, 2022 – Reblog / Review : Joan Mitchell, “I carry my landscapes around with me” – #Polyptychs…my reading of Joan Mitchell’s work – while often including much of that same connection, speaks more directly to me about the impact of the canvas before me in that process. Especially most specifically in regard to Joan’s work with multi-panel / multi-canvas works of art – ie, polyptychs!
- May 10, 2022 – BW Impressionist Abstract 1, Completed!A few posts back, about a new diptych in-progress, Freedom, in the 2nd 1/2 of the post, I mentioned having another in-progress work, BW Impressionist Abstract 1, that the 9 year old ( our youngest grandchild ) said he really liked, but wanted more “gold” in it, and pointed out where & how much more gold paint 😊 So I took him at his word & did the changes –
Thanks again, everyone! 😊