In due time, ‘ll be posting about all or most of the things that went on today – seeing/hearing the youngest girl read her children’s book ( Skydancer ) at the new downtown Austin Public Library ( her 1st public reading since the pandemic began 🙏 ), watching/cheering on the 9 year old at his kids’ league season finale soccer game ( same little boy who 5 years ago threw himself on the ground and refused to participate ❤️ ), seeing the other grandparents in from Florida, and — getting my 1st library card in almost 2 decades!
On a whim, and a wish to read some books I’d gotten samples of to read on my Kindle but had felt the ebook was to high to purchase, I decided to see if I could get a new library card — and I did!! 😊
The lady at the counter literally walked me through the whole process, handing me a brand new card all set up in about 30 minutes. It literally would’ve taken me half a day on my own, “if” I’d succeeded, lol! She was even kind enough to help show me how to pick and load an available ebook ( Ninth Street Women ) which I can read on my newly uploaded library reading app, Libby, or read it via my Kindle app – very nice!
We, the lovely lady helping me in the library and myself, also found a book I loved the sample of, Joan Mitchell Lady Painter. No ebook available, and the physical book is at a branch library too far from me, but, as part of the Austin Public Library’s system, next week it’ll be delivered to the branch library close to us — also very nice!
Those who are curious can browse my posts about Joan. I really like her work, and I especially like reading about her work, the textural physicality and beauty of the colors, and most of all, her own thoughts and feelings about art and painting, particularly her own work —
So I had a really full, really nice day, even got to paint a “tiny” bit on yesterday’s new yellow abstract, and, got myself an invaluable new toy — a library card 📚 ♥️ ☺️
Stay well everyone! Amazing how many nuggets from each day’s bounty compete ( synergize? ) to enrich us most 💕
ps – did I mention I can also check out audio books! 😊
See & Buy My Art 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 01, 2023 – Happy New Year! : My Most Viewed Image the Last Week of 2022 @FineArtAmerica, Little Steps PosterA wonderfully fitting image as my most viewed this past week, the last week, of 2022 – Little Steps, my poster version ❤️ 🙏 ☺️
- December 18, 2022 – 1st Return Appearance Since Spring : My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Blue with Gold Twilight – #PanoramaOcean waves of blue fill our skies and seas, cascading sighs and whispers of inspiration with each breath.
- December 11, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyMorning Light Poster also recently sold at the Old Bakery and Emporium 🙏😌
- December 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Costa Rica Sunset Panorama” : circa 2017I almost skipped even posting about it, but at 4x the views of the nearest most viewed of my images, I needed to drag myself out of my whatever-it-is recent posting stagnation, lol!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
Thanks again, everyone! 😊