After yesterday’s mass killing of children, I couldn’t post my regular post today….
And I’ll preface my post to say this —
There is ample room between no one anywhere anytime having access to a gun and everyone anywhere anytime having any gun they want & be able to carry it about anywhere anytime they want. That’s what Democracy is about.
When an event like the horrific mass shooting of children in Uvalde here in Texas happens, with parents having to give DNA swabs to authorities to see which of the dead children might be theirs, things like the supposed right for anyone to carry weapons in public without a permit, or having access to weapons of mass carnage without proper controls, become apparent for what they are in a society riddled with unstable people without conscience – it is time for changes re background checks and others similar to those during the Clinton administration when killings and death were at their most recent lowest – with loopholes and other problems corrected.
Though not perfect, the loopholes are now acknowledged and could be fixed in a future bill –
Even supporters of the law acknowledged that it was riddled with loopholes, such as allowing copycat weapons to be sold, that limited its effectiveness.https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/08/08/bill-clintons-claim-that-assault-weapons-ban-led-big-drop-mass-shooting-deaths/
And I’ll readily admit, I myself don’t have any sure answers and solutions that would also preserve our democracy, but an armed killer in body armor doesn’t sound like an armed militia authorized by a community for self-defense ( loose description from our constitution ).
Meanwhile, parents are searching for their children. People are living in fear and dying needlessly.
We must come up with better answers.
Or we’re not only keeping the door open to more horrific monstrous needless deaths, but also a huge opportunity for despots and authoritarian madmen to use these fears and take power and put us all under direct threats of our lives —
Stay well everyone – for oneself, and for those who need us most..the children….
See & Buy My Art 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- July 02, 2022 – #CrescentMoon at Sunset, Austin TexasI hoped, in yesterday’s post, I might be able to post this sunset off our balcony – a crescent moon floating above the sea of crimson orange air – and am so glad I could 🙏
- July 01, 2022 – Our First Pigeon at Our New Place Shows Up for Food, Atop Our New Ivy ScreenSheila and I’ve gotten to experience several 1st’s since moving into The LadyBird here in Austin, so it was specially nice when two 1st’s joined to make a memorable image through our window –
- June 30, 2022 – My Art and Prints on Special Sale At Primal Gallery 4th of July Weekend!Primal Gallery 4th of July sale! Including both my art work and posters 😊
- June 29, 2022 – Someone Very Glad to See Us Today!As per yesterday, still very exhausted feeling, but Sheila & I both beginning to also feel the move-fatigue to our new place is slowly being replaced by relief fatigue….
- June 28, 2022 – Record # of 100 Degree Days in June. Then it Rained….This evening ( Monday, June 27, 2022 ) here in Austin, we broke the all-time record for number of days 100 degrees or more – and – the clouds and rain and cooler air swept through and we dared open the blinds and step outside before 10 pm, lol!
- June 27, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyLast week my most viewed image on Fine Art America was an Austin sunset image ( circa 2017 ) and this week a recent 2021 early am summer shot, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” – an image I captured in the greenbelt on the Violet Crown trail 😊
- June 26, 2022 – Sending Me Memories : A Grandchild in #ParisI know that look, I know that stance, and I know that view 💕 Our youngest grandchild and his mom are spending a few days in Paris, and who can’t resist making a stop at the Louvre? I know Sheila and I couldn’t when we were there, lol!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊