I don’t know how to even speak of this. It conjures images of Nazis marching children to their death in concentration camps. It reminds us of this happening here in our country, the Land of the Free, by madmen with guns no one but soldiers should ever need.
But our youngest girl has had to speak with the 9 year old, our youngest grandchild, about this.
She shared a post, on FB, via NPR ( What to say to kids when the news is scary : Parenting : Difficult Conversations ), saying in the comments he was wondering why someone would want to kill him and his friends in school.
Her full comment, and NPR’s article, are worth the look, and reflection 💕
I hope to move on soon, but not away from, these recent horrors, in Buffalo, NY and Uvalde, Texas, to name far too few of our country’s shame on life.
We’re too good to have to endure enforced availability of mass means of death upon us.
And we’re too good to only focus on that one terror afflicting our planet.
But remember it..we must….
Voting, in our democracy, is the purest form of expression.
Dissenting, affirming, protesting –
– all flow through the form of the ballot, not, the bullet…
Stay well everyone – for oneself, and for those who need us most..the children….
See & Buy My Art 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- September 27, 2022 – Now This Sounds Right : “Fed can avoid ‘deep pain’ in inflation fight, Bostic says”One of the fun things of being a lay-person in re to an esoteric topic, like the effect of Federal Reserve actions and statements about folks in my fiscal strata is – long as I’m upfront it’s my opinion – I can say how things appear from my socio-economic perspective.
- September 26, 2022 – Changes to My Blog – No Externally Generated Ads / Blogging As AbleI needed to regroup.
- September 25, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Walk Among the Wildflowers” : circa 2020I’m hoping to catch the deadline to submit it to a new-to-me Austin venue, Bee Caves Arts Foundation. Do wish me luck. It’d be a great add-on to its being my most viewed on Fine Art America this past week 😊🙏
- September 22, 2022 – Clean Energy, Part 5 – The Practical Problem, and, How #Solar Kept the Lights on After Fiona Left #PuertoRico in the DarkThe bulk of the info is a very fairly laid out presentation that a 90% of renewable energy is mostly doable and feasible. The only really debatable portion, and Dan presents pluses and minuses for each possible choice, is how to supply that last needed 10%.
- September 21, 2022 – Working Texture and Figures into Compositions I Like, Part 5 : Adding a 4th ( textured ) Layer to Danseur en Bleu ( formerly Dancing Turquoise )Much enhanced less subtle, but more vibrant, the current stage of development for Danseur en Bleu is nearing a finish.
- September 20, 2022 – A Beginner’s View : Inflation, the Economy, Climate, Clean Energy, Health etc, How Are They Related in Our Current Everyday Lives? – An On-Going Inquiry, Part 7 – #ClimateTweetsA selection of Tweets I’ve Retweeted about #Climate & related topics, both scary & hopeful 😊🙏
- September 19, 2022 – Working Texture and Figures into Compositions I Like, Part 4 : Adding a 3rd ( pink ) Layer to Danseur en Bleu ( formerly Dancing Turquoise )I only painted a few minutes, ten or so, after mixing matte gel medium and a touch of acrylic rose, and I could only do it because I’m hopeful!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊