I don’t know how to even speak of this. It conjures images of Nazis marching children to their death in concentration camps. It reminds us of this happening here in our country, the Land of the Free, by madmen with guns no one but soldiers should ever need.
But our youngest girl has had to speak with the 9 year old, our youngest grandchild, about this.
She shared a post, on FB, via NPR ( What to say to kids when the news is scary : Parenting : Difficult Conversations ), saying in the comments he was wondering why someone would want to kill him and his friends in school.
Her full comment, and NPR’s article, are worth the look, and reflection 💕
I hope to move on soon, but not away from, these recent horrors, in Buffalo, NY and Uvalde, Texas, to name far too few of our country’s shame on life.
We’re too good to have to endure enforced availability of mass means of death upon us.
And we’re too good to only focus on that one terror afflicting our planet.
But remember it..we must….
Voting, in our democracy, is the purest form of expression.
Dissenting, affirming, protesting –
– all flow through the form of the ballot, not, the bullet…
Stay well everyone – for oneself, and for those who need us most..the children….
See & Buy My Art 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- July 02, 2022 – #CrescentMoon at Sunset, Austin TexasI hoped, in yesterday’s post, I might be able to post this sunset off our balcony – a crescent moon floating above the sea of crimson orange air – and am so glad I could 🙏
- July 01, 2022 – Our First Pigeon at Our New Place Shows Up for Food, Atop Our New Ivy ScreenSheila and I’ve gotten to experience several 1st’s since moving into The LadyBird here in Austin, so it was specially nice when two 1st’s joined to make a memorable image through our window –
- June 30, 2022 – My Art and Prints on Special Sale At Primal Gallery 4th of July Weekend!Primal Gallery 4th of July sale! Including both my art work and posters 😊
- June 29, 2022 – Someone Very Glad to See Us Today!As per yesterday, still very exhausted feeling, but Sheila & I both beginning to also feel the move-fatigue to our new place is slowly being replaced by relief fatigue….
- June 28, 2022 – Record # of 100 Degree Days in June. Then it Rained….This evening ( Monday, June 27, 2022 ) here in Austin, we broke the all-time record for number of days 100 degrees or more – and – the clouds and rain and cooler air swept through and we dared open the blinds and step outside before 10 pm, lol!
- June 27, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyLast week my most viewed image on Fine Art America was an Austin sunset image ( circa 2017 ) and this week a recent 2021 early am summer shot, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” – an image I captured in the greenbelt on the Violet Crown trail 😊
- June 26, 2022 – Sending Me Memories : A Grandchild in #ParisI know that look, I know that stance, and I know that view 💕 Our youngest grandchild and his mom are spending a few days in Paris, and who can’t resist making a stop at the Louvre? I know Sheila and I couldn’t when we were there, lol!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊