Hard to keep preparing for our move to a new location here in Austin ( hoping to sign the paperwork this Monday ), do any art, or much anything else besides chomp on cold chunks of watermelon, when the weather is do a summer flip-flop from the last 2 winters dregs we’ve had recently, lol!
The AC runs nearly non-stop even set at 81, with only 5-8 minute breaks ‘tween AC cooling sessions. And the ice maker’s never been so busy! 😊
And yes, we’re still trying to keep smiling, but with the forecast running forward 9+ days all in the 100s, at the start of June, after 90s-98s nearly all of May, we’re a little worried.
I did go early to Primal Gallery yesterday with the 9 year old and did get to deliver a handful of new posters to offer, and the drive was pretty, and the morning wasn’t bubbling the air yet – I snuck a pic of us at the gallery in with my most-viewed-of-the-week post if you’d like to catch both topics ☺️
Meanwhile, complicating our feelings is that tomorrow – mid afternoon, probably right at that 103 reading – Sheila and I hope to finalize signing up for our new apt, in a brand new building – housing earmarked for the 55+ crowd! If all goes well, I’ll be posting more and more about this new place – here’s hoping – specially after seeing the forecast has been revised up even a little more! 🙏
Stay well everyone! Literally!
As our local weather folks are saying – “gotta watch out for our plants, pets & people!”
Voting, in our democracy, is the purest form of expression.
Dissenting, affirming, protesting –
– all flow through the form of the ballot, not, the bullet…
Stay well everyone – for oneself, and for those who need us most..the children….
See & Buy My Art 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- July 01, 2022 – Our First Pigeon at Our New Place Shows Up for Food, Atop Our New Ivy ScreenSheila and I’ve gotten to experience several 1st’s since moving into The LadyBird here in Austin, so it was specially nice when two 1st’s joined to make a memorable image through our window –
- June 30, 2022 – My Art and Prints on Special Sale At Primal Gallery 4th of July Weekend!Primal Gallery 4th of July sale! Including both my art work and posters 😊
- June 29, 2022 – Someone Very Glad to See Us Today!As per yesterday, still very exhausted feeling, but Sheila & I both beginning to also feel the move-fatigue to our new place is slowly being replaced by relief fatigue….
- June 28, 2022 – Record # of 100 Degree Days in June. Then it Rained….This evening ( Monday, June 27, 2022 ) here in Austin, we broke the all-time record for number of days 100 degrees or more – and – the clouds and rain and cooler air swept through and we dared open the blinds and step outside before 10 pm, lol!
- June 27, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyLast week my most viewed image on Fine Art America was an Austin sunset image ( circa 2017 ) and this week a recent 2021 early am summer shot, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” – an image I captured in the greenbelt on the Violet Crown trail 😊
- June 26, 2022 – Sending Me Memories : A Grandchild in #ParisI know that look, I know that stance, and I know that view 💕 Our youngest grandchild and his mom are spending a few days in Paris, and who can’t resist making a stop at the Louvre? I know Sheila and I couldn’t when we were there, lol!
- June 25, 2022 – Aging Gracefully : A Spot of Oasis in My Life From the Heat OutsideThough we again went out in the morning for chores, and held them down to groceries and some exercise, the heat finally got to me today.
Thanks again, everyone! 😊